SUCCESS!

[re...]

Hi everyone! I had lost my login email and info so had not been on BB In AGES. THANK YOU to Colin for sorting it out for me!

I wanted to pop back in and tell you that we do heal. Eventually. I am 33 months out. The mental horror show lifted. Now I still have lots of body symptoms, but I am managing my life. I am happy and looking forward to the future. I have started my coaching career back up and just finished a new book. I'll let you know when the body sx leave. It going to take more time. I was on the drug a very long time and I tapered, then cold turkeyed.

I am so grateful for the community here. I was barely holding on many days, and logging in and staying on the forum site helped.

I don't check in here often as I blog about withdrawal on my own, but now that I have my log in info sorted out, I will do my best to answers messages.

I hope those that are well enough will consider attending the benzo summit in Burlingame. Colin posted a link about it.

Keep the faith. Every day is a new day of healing.

Thanks for coming back and sharing your success with us.

I hope your days only get more and more healthy as time passes.

Much love and healing to you,

Causing

WOW, this is great timing, I am 33 months at this dang taper, you healed from the mental stuff at 33 months, maybe a good omen.

Anyway, VERY happy for you RFB, I know you never thought the day would come, it must feel great.

Thank you for sharing and congrats on getting your mind back.  :D;D

Oscar  :smitten:

Hi R,

Congratulations, and wonderful to read your Success Story.  As you already know, I will be attending the benzo summit.  I so look forward to this.  The most important, is you healed!  Congratulations.

P

Wow, you've come such a long and made it!  Thanks for coming back and posting your terrific story.  May you keep feeling better and better, and enjoy being back at your coaching.  I'll look forward to your updates.  Thanks again.

I love reading the success stories...thank you for coming back and I am proud of you! I can't wait to read the book, let us know when it is published.

Much success and blessings.

Hi Recovering,

I know it has been a long, hard journey for you and I am so pleased to see you are finally getting your life back.  Your story gives me hope. Thank you for posting your success here.  All the best to you!

S.

My Sweet Friend,

I didn't realize you posted this. You have worked so hard and have come

so far in all you have done. You have created so much beauty and happiness

for others. You deserve all the healing coming your way...

Love,

SB

Hi RFB...I'm so very thrilled for you...you suffered so much and yet I'm sure that you will take your horrific experience and use it to benefit  others...you are going to be even more amazing...I saw a pic of your beautiful garden...the love and dedication demonstrated there humbles me... :smitten: Colleen 

Hi everyone! I had lost my login email and info so had not been on BB In AGES. THANK YOU to Colin for sorting it out for me!

I wanted to pop back in and tell you that we do heal. Eventually. I am 33 months out. The mental horror show lifted. Now I still have lots of body symptoms, but I am managing my life. I am happy and looking forward to the future. I have started my coaching career back up and just finished a new book. I'll let you know when the body sx leave. It going to take more time. I was on the drug a very long time and I tapered, then cold turkeyed.

I am so grateful for the community here. I was barely holding on many days, and logging in and staying on the forum site helped.

I don't check in here often as I blog about withdrawal on my own, but now that I have my log in info sorted out, I will do my best to answers messages.

I hope those that are well enough will consider attending the benzo summit in Burlingame. Colin posted a link about it.

Keep the faith. Every day is a new day of healing.

Hi RFB,

Thank you for posting your success story - you have come a long, hard way.  May you reap the many benefits of complete healing!

Ellen :smitten:

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your progress report!

And thank goodness your mental symptoms have left- this encourages me to keep going! :) :)

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Sad to say my success story was short lived. I am 37 months off and in a wave from hell. :(

I think I did too much as I got more well. I stressed out my brain and my body.

I am now taking it super easy and not doing too much.

I cant tell you how upset and frustrated I am to be back in this crap. Its all back, about as bad at 12 months out. the mental and body stuff are present most of the time. I am using my old coping skills, but gotta confess that I am exhausted from fighting this battle for so many years.

Hi RFB,

I had a feeling that might happen... don't lose heart, you have come so far, I think for some of us unlucky ones, this can take 4 years or so, the fact you are over 3 years out is a huge investment and you have experienced a lifting of the mental stuff now, it will happen again and next time you will know not to push yourself too much.

Keep going, I am now at 38 months at this taper and I am also tired of this BUT I have also had a lifting of symptoms, it's the uncertainty of it lasting which is hard to deal with, I still taper like a snail but there are no guarantees... but remember you have felt well and the wave will pass and you will feel good again, keep fighting this, you will win in the end, it is ridiculous how long this takes isn't it?

Take care and feel better soon.

Thanks Oscar for the reply.  Hope my post doesn't scare anyone.

I am glad you are doing well in your taper. Keep listening to your body. You are doing great.

I will keep holding on and hoping that my CNS heals more. I suspect it will. It is just upsetting how long it takes.

Sorry to hear this. Thanks for coming back and sharing, it's important we educate others so we can all learn what to be cautious about when we start to feel better. I know this will pass again for you, but I'm sure it feels like a huge blow right now.  :hug: