Anxiety resurfaces

[Vo...]

It has been 29 days since I stepped off of klonopin.

I was doing O.K. last week, as most of the nasty symptoms had decreased in frequency\intensity.

They were back with a vengeance since Saturday. Particularly the anxiety, depersonalization, diarrhea and insomnia.

The anxiety hammered me really bad this AM.

I have been taking St. Johns Wort, and that has helped a little, however I was unprepared for this morning.

I could not think straight and I was walking around in a fog. I am trying to act 'normal' in front of my boys, but it is extremely difficult.

I am praying for the strength to face this, but I don't know how long I can take this recurring assault. :(

I am trying to go on with my day as usual but this is REALLY hard.

Any tips?

Vomact

I was doing O.K. last week, as most of the nasty symptoms had decreased in frequency\intensity.

They were back with a vengeance since Saturday. Particularly the anxiety, depersonalization, diarrhea and insomnia.

I have been taking St. Johns Wort, and that has helped a little, however I was unprepared for this morning.

I could not think straight and I was walking around in a fog. I am trying to act 'normal' in front of my boys, but it is extremely difficult.

I am praying for the strength to face this, but I don't know how long I can take this recurring assault. :(

Any tips?

Vomact

Hi Vomact,

Sorry to hear you are still suffering withdrawal symptoms. It is inevitable that you will have these recurrences of symptoms until you are healed. Most here are still experiencing waves of symptoms after 3 months but the intensity does seem to decrease over time. Are you taking any other meds besides St. John's Wort? You also jumped off at a high dose of klonopin so this too may be contributing to your ongoing symptoms. It would help us if you could add a signature line so we know where you are, how you tapered and so others can comment to what you are experiencing and offer their suggestions.

Most people do experience anxiety at its worst in the morning. Suggestions have been made that you must eat as soon as you get up as blood sugar levels are at their lowest which can also add to your anxiety. I hope you get that "window" back soon! Hang in there, it will get better!

T2 :smitten:

Hi Vomact, the only "tip" I have is to just try your best to roll with it. Whenever I get "bad" again I just tell myself, I know what this is, and I know it is just temporary. I also keep reminding myself of the good days, sometimes I keep tokens from those "good days" like a shell I found on the beach and I put it in my pocket on the bad days. :)

[f6...]

I'm going through a bad spell, too, and am puking all the time due to anxiety... all you can do is go with it. I have to hide it, too, but just think as many good things as you can and try to keep the positive energy flowing. I stayed in bed for almost an hour longer today because I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed... and felt I wasted my morning... :( Even though I feel like I'm going to pass out, I am still forcing myself to do all the things I would normally do, including eating...

Just roll with it. It will get better.

-Pete

Any tips?

Vomact

Hi vomact,

I'm sorry about how you're feeling.  I know how tough it is, just keep remembering that it's the drugs and not you.  You can make it through this, I know you can.  I'm having sort of a funky day today myself.  But I'm pushing on anyway, that's all we can do right? 

Hugs and nice to meet you,

Tammy

Nothing worse than feeling soooo good and being HIT again  :'(

I like wonderwoman's idea of keeping a token of the good days for a reminder.  I know when I am having a bad day it is near impossible to remember feeling good.

I would say everything but the diarrhea is all associated with the insomnia.....that alone can cause alot of trouble!!!  I've been dealing with that for 3 months now. 

Remember it will pass :)

Any tips?

Vomact

Vomact - Another member (xanax-slave) recently had a very bad reaction to St. John's Wort and suffered a real setback.  You might want to go without it for a while and see if your symptoms improve.  I'm not sure how long it takes for it to get out of your system; probably depends on how much you are taking and how long you've been taking it.  Just a thought.....

Hey V-

All I can offer is to continue reminding yourself that it will pass.  The waves come and then they go, it is part of the healing process.  You are strong and have made it this far, better days are ahead.  Hang in there  :)

Keith

Hi, Vomact,

I am 80 days off Xanax and still get hit with symptoms.  Two weeks ago I had a very bad wave that lasted about a week and a half.  It takes you by surprise, that's for sure.  All we can do is hang in there and know that these waves will get less and less.  You will have some very good windows, too.  At least you are off the benzo and this is all a part of the healing process.  It is to be expected.  Just hang tough.

Patty  xo