Announcement: Benzo Summit

[Co...]

Hi all,

Dr. Jennifer Leigh (Dr. Jenn) is organising "a benzo summit at the end of this summer for benzo survivors," and invites participation, ideas and topics for discussion from anyone who might be interested. The conference will be held at The Mercy Center, Burlingame, CA (San Francisco).

Dr. Jenn, a counseller, drawing upon her personal experience of benzodiazepine withdrawal, is busy rebuilding her coaching practice, with a particular interest in helping people cope with benzodiazepine withdrawal.

The summit is yet to be confirmed. It depends upon how many people express a firm interest in attending. I would like to encourage members to engage in the process of proposing topics for discussion. Jennifer is keen to encourage wide participation and for attendees to take the lead in deciding the summit agenda. Dr Jenn has no financial interest in hosting/managing the conference.

We have a lot of members from California. Hopefully some of them and some from further afield will be able to make it the summit. I am optimistic that the event will be well attended.

Dr. Jenn's Biography:

http://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/bio/

Benzo Summit Details:

http://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/benzo-summit-814/

The Mercy Center:

http://www.mercy-center.org/

Register your interest by contacting Dr. Jennifer Leigh, here:

http://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/benzo-summit-814/

I would be really interested in attending this.  From:  Chicago, IL 

Benzos and my subsequent withdrawal has been extremely humbling.

I have the urge to help others and spread the word.  Participating in a summit, such as this,

would be an honor.

I have met Dr. Jenn and know her pretty well. I actually got to tour the Mercy Center. It is so amazing. Very cool labyrinth there too. I wish I could have done my taper there. She is wonderful and it will be exciting.

[02...]
Then we should organise it Duck. When we're able to think again.  I would love to do something like this one day as it would help get further recognition for Withdrawal here. We have several, wonderful supportive people in the UK who could Speak.  :thumbsup:

Then we should organise it Duck. When we're able to think again.  I would love to do something like this one day as it would help get further recognition for Withdrawal here. We have several, wonderful supportive people in the UK who could Speak.  :thumbsup:

Hi Beth

Don't start me off because I will shout it from the roof tops what these drugs can do to you. Yes when we are well enough and I hope for all of us it will be sooner rather than later. I shall dress up in Duck suit so people will know who I am :laugh:

[9e...]

I was discussing this last night with a buddy who lives close to area where I am!

I am thinking about attending.

Awesome!

I emailed via the link this morning.  As of now she has only a couple of people attending and needs ten to make it fly.  If anyone's serious about going, let her know asap.

:thumbsup:

[9e...]

I was. But I can't seem to find out if you can attend the days only.

And not overnight.

Now, with my cutting...I'm not sure. I can definitely not do overnight. I'm a mess in the mornings.

(MESS).

Can I post the announcement on other places on the forum? Like the V thread or working thread and such?

Moo

Can I post the announcement on other places on the forum? Like the V thread or working thread and such?

Moo

I don't see a problem with posting this within existing threads to give another heads up, Moo.  :thumbsup: