eyes hurt so bad that it hurts to blink

[os...]

Ive been tapering down and i feel less flu-like but my eyes, eye sockets and head hurt so bad i feel like i could lose my mind.  It literally hurts to blink.  I cant even rest because of the pain.  This is the same thing i went through the last time i tried to taper it puts me in a no-win situation.  I am considering tylenol 3 or 4 with codeine.  I dont know what else to do.  I have so much pain.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Warm or cool towells do nothing.  Tylenol helps only a little.  Thank you

Hi:

I have had blurry/double vision and tearing and eye burning during my entire taper. I notice that it gets worse when I spend too much time on the computer or reading. I do nothing about it and just wipe my eyes. It doesn't help but I don't know what else to do. I think eye drops just would make my eyes tear even more. Betsy.

Hi osu90

I am going through the same thing as you are with the eye pain. It started two weeks ago and I can not stand it. I have tried several types of eye drops and sinus medications. I am how getting headaches because of this and Tylenol and it does not work for me.

If anyone out there can help us it would be greatly appreciated.

use kratom. its an opiate derivatite that will eliviate your benzo wd symptoms. codeine is just going to create another adduction wheras kratom is all natural and non addictive. btw. idk if this happens to you but during my benzo wd journey i have foun that it is near impossible to give people eye contact. my eyes are always figiting and i look like a raging psycho sometimes.. try to fixate you eyes on one thing. live in the current moment. whatever you look at you subcounsiosly absorb . FIXATE YOUR VISION

use kratom. its an opiate derivatite that will eliviate your benzo wd symptoms. codeine is just going to create another adduction wheras kratom is all natural and non addictive. btw. idk if this happens to you but during my benzo wd journey i have foun that it is near impossible to give people eye contact. my eyes are always figiting and i look like a raging psycho sometimes.. try to fixate you eyes on one thing. live in the current moment. whatever you look at you subcounsiosly absorb . FIXATE YOUR VISION

greeno7777, your post has several problems I am addressing.  Your post is both prescriptive and you are also promoting a potentially habit forming psychoactive plant material that is illegal in several countries.  You are also stating that Kratom is non-addictive as a fact, and this is simply not true.    This is against our forum rules.

Regarding your directive to "use Kratom", please see our policy related to prescriptive advice below:

• Please adopt a non-prescriptive writing style. Relating your experiences, stating options, or posting suggestions of what other members might do, are all welcome. However, advising members of what they should or must do is against the ethos of the BenzoBuddies Community. Nor should you attempt to 'diagnose' medical problems or suggest medical treatments for other members. This policy also applies to members with medical qualifications. A more detailed explanation of this policy can be found in our Guidelines Regarding the Giving of Medical Advice document.

Related to promoting Kratom as an adjunct to help with benzo withdrawal, this is not allowed on the forum.  Please stop promoting Kratom on the forum.  This is from our rules and guidelines:

Guidelines & Rules Regarding the Use and Promotion of Medicines and Drugs

Our aim is to allow members the freedom to properly describe their full and true situation, but at the same time prevent overly florid descriptions of illicit, recreational or abusive drug use that have the potential to cause the wider membership harm or distress.

Since most of our members have dependency/addiction issues with benzodiazepines, and our stated mission is to help them quit, we must disallow content that discourages them from this goal, or encourages behaviour that might lead to a new dependency or addiction. Therefore:

•Do not promote illegal drug use. Nor should you describe drug paraphernalia, exalt positive experiences, or glorify their use. Please keep descriptions factual and dispassionate.

•Do not promote the abuse (or illegal or inappropriate use) of medicines.

•Do not promote addictive (or habit forming) substances as withdrawal adjunctives.

With the above points and guidance in mind, you may discuss your use of medicines and illicit drugs as they pertain to benzodiazepine use and withdrawal. Additionally, please understand that because our focus is benzodiazepine withdrawal, the collective knowledge of our membership about drugs and medicines other than benzodiazepines will be limited. You should not expect, nor engage in, detailed support-orientated discussions about drugs or medicines other than benzodiazepines.

Thank you.

Juliea

BB Team

use kratom. its an opiate derivatite that will eliviate your benzo wd symptoms. codeine is just going to create another adduction wheras kratom is all natural and non addictive. btw.

Haha, not addictive? You're on the moon, good sir. I know not one but multiple people who have become addicted to kratom severely enough to have to cross over to methadone or naltrexone to get off of it.

Kratom contains, primarily, mitragynine, which is roughly half as potent as morphine, but it also contains other alkaloids (notably 7-hydroxymitragynine) in smaller quantities. 7-HOM is notably more potent than morphine.

Anything which agonizes the u-opioid receptor will build tolerance and lead to dependence and addiction. It doesn't matter if it's "natural" or not. Codeine and morphine are both just as "natural" as Kratom, as they occur in nature in the poppy plant.

Additionally, Kratom alkaloids appear to be DNA disruptors, meaning they are probably carcinogenic in a way that poppy products are not.

I have this symptom too but not severe. For me the eye pain seems to be like if my eyes were very dry. I keep trying to blink them but it does no good. The only thing that helps is for me to lie down and sleep. But since I can't sleep, ha ha ha......

I have this too - it's worse in the morning, sometimes my eyes are so dry in the morning I feel like I can't open them. I use my saline solution (for my contacts) just to lubricate my eyes enough so I can open them. Throughout the day they get better.

I wish I could find the post I read awhile back that listed some eye drops that a lot of members had luck with.

There is nothing wrong with taking pain meds ESPECIALLY if the pain is so bad that it threatens to totally derail your taper. I have migraine issues and had to take both morphine AND tylenol 4 throughout my taper. It did not interfere with clearing the benzo from my system, nor did it have any appreciable effect on the withdrawal process for me.  I personally believe that severe chronic pain should be controlled as letting the pain roll out of control and 'toughing it out' isn't really an option when the pain starts to seriously wear you down both mentally and physically.

I hope this helps and I hope you get some relief soon.

I too, have had trouble with my eyes for most of my taper. Dizzy, unable to focus, sore, dry etc.  It has been my most consistent wd symptom & also gives me headaches.  I can hardly read at all and I am having to limit my time on the computer as this affects them badly, one reason why I don't often post here.

Sometimes I get some relief from putting ice cubes in a cloth and lying down with my eyes covered for about an hour, sometimes it helps, others not.  I have tries various eye drops, but with no success.

Kiddo, why don't you do a search for 'eye drops' to find the post you read previously for some specific drops.

If you do find them, perhaps you could post the name here again.  Worth a try.