THE TOOL SHED !!!

[os...]

;D

This thread is intended to be a place where we share ANYTHING  that helps us in withdrawal.

These can include:

MUSIC

MOVIES

POEMS

QUOTES

MEDITATION TAPES

HOBBIES

VISUAL STUFF

and also anything that you find useful in this journey.

IF IT IMPROVES YOUR LIFE, PLEASE SHARE IT HERE !!!!!!!!!  ;D

Late at night when I can't sleep, I often listen to "Rainy Night In Georgia" by Randy Crawford, it is somehow really comforting to me, it's mellow and soothing and it just has a really nice feel to it... it slows me down and makes me feel better.

http://youtu.be/UxEzU6bpe1c

I hope some of you find this has the same effect...

A microwavable flax and lavender wrap was indispensable.  It really helped with anxiety and muscle tension.  I could wear it around my neck or lay it on my chest.  The weight (2-3 lbs) helped with anxiety just like a weighted blanket or the pet 'sweaters' they make for anxious dogs.

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/wp-content/uploads/BEMH.jpg

A wonderful film, no spoilers but it is very special.

[99...]

Safe and Sound by Capital Cities see YouTube

Cat purring on lap

Dark Horse Katy Perry see YouTube

Hiking for miles

Lattes

Green Tea

Laying down, on back,feet up against house,arms stretched out & up above head,staring into blue sky,mind quiet(if on an island-same thing but feet up on a palm tree) & I don't care how odd I may appear!!

Swinging in a hammock

[99...]

A microwavable flax and lavender wrap was indispensable.  It really helped with anxiety and muscle tension.  I could wear it around my neck or lay it on my chest.  The weight (2-3 lbs) helped with anxiety just like a weighted blanket or the pet 'sweaters' they make for anxious dogs.

I'm gonna buy one of those today!! Thanks for suggestion

That sounds great Challis, I have lavender essential oil, sometimes I use a few drops in a small bowl that I put by my bed, it is relaxing.

I had a wrap like you describe but it got burnt in the microwave, I will invest in a new one.

What I love about winter is the ability to have HEAVY bedding, earlier in my withdrawal, it really helped me with anxiety, I felt safer with a lot of weight on me, strange that isn't it? I guess it is kind of grounding.

I installed 2 apps on my iphone, one is called "Simply Noise" and it has white noise which is good for masking tinnitus, the other one is called "Simply Rain" which can be quite relaxing if you like to be in bed with the sound of rain against the window, I absolutely love it.

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/the-help-blu-ray-cover.jpg

This is a very good film, easy to watch and has a very funny scene that is just priceless (no spoilers please!)

A very benzo friendly movie and well worth checking out.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/imgx/1/2/9/1/6/8/4/1/orig-12916841.jpg

I am thinking of buying a LAVA LAMP  ;D

2 reasons being that a) It will give off a relaxing light that is not too bright and b) watching the lava rise and fall slowly may have a calming effect at times, a visual distraction of sorts, especially at night.

I bought a blu-ray which is just a film of an aquarium, that can be quite calming when we are TV intolerant, also it is nice to just have as a visual distraction, it is said that watching fish swimming about is therapeutic and it helps me although I think it is a good idea to buy quite a few different ones to change it up often.

It helps take my mind off things to a degree... I figure anything like this helps.

[99...]

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/wp-content/uploads/BEMH.jpg

A wonderful film, no spoilers but it is very special.

Oscar, this one I loved too!!! Here's 2. Have u seen them?

The Tree

The Way

[99...]
I'd forgotten chamomile tea, it sounds soooo soothing....chamomile, chamomile :smitten:I will be buying that too.

hi Oscar i like this topic name "the tool shed" my favorite place to be in early 2012 was outside my toolshed :P that was the place i would sit at when i would binge drink for 6-8 hours i sat there outside the toolshed because i had my radio in there connected to a computer i kept in there pernamently to play mp3s

anyways my favorite music is 1970s music mostly classic rock. i saw a great movie last night for the 2nd time called "Prisoners" (2013)

Gardening

Deep breathing, alternate nostril breathing

Humorous books

Baroque music (good for the brain)

Gentle yoga, walking

Apples with almond butter for tummy woes

Hobbies i enjoy doing now is cooking!! this evening im cooking mexican food to make tacos from it its called bistek ranchero its cut up steak cooked seperate after the steak is finished cooking i add cut up onion and a jalapeno pepper and a cut up roma tomoatos its so yumm!

i like to go riding around my parents have alot of vehicles like 7 2 are mine except one is out of commission :( i listen to music when i go cruisin go by friend's houses to say hi and hang out a lil while ,

other hobbies i like to watch movies mostly dvds i have i have  vast collection of over 700 dvds

i usually watch a movie in the late evening with mom

other ways i like to activate at home is i like to try to fix something thats broke right now theres some old rusty outdoor furnature im cleaning them up taking off the rust to repaint them

(yes i know it sounds like a butch thing to do i feel a sense of accomplishment doing that)

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a great movie last night for the 2nd time called "Prisoners" (2013)

Hi babyangel,  have not seen "Prisoners" yet but I do have it, started it a few months ago but ended up watching something else... I will watch it all this week, if it's worth seeing twice it must be good.  ;D

I like to cook too! I usually cook stuff I can't  eat tho for my family. That way I can "smell" it and vicariously get some satisfaction from it. And they like it which makes me happy.

I also listen to a lot of youtube inspirational videos and radio shows or free seminars. It keeps me sane. I meditate and have found this dr who advocates for healing yourself with your mind. I am taking it on as a new project. I figure it will only help build brain cells if I start using it more :thumbsup:.

And I am definitely getting a LAVA LAMP! That sounds like the best idea yet!

Glad to read this thread.....I love all the movie ideas. I have been so sad that I can hardly sit through a whole movie anymore. I have rented some of my favorites and I just get distracted and anxious. It's weird.  :-[

Almost halfway through April!! And tonight is a full moon lunar eclipse! Should be some "tidal" pulls on the old brain tonight for sure ;)

Offline akkadianzmom

Buddie

My Unexpected Soul Journey

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: THE TOOL SHED !!!

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 09:26:48 pm »

And I am definitely getting a LAVA LAMP!

I need to make my screen writting bigger or need to sit closer to the screen idk why when i read "lava lamp" i thought she wanted a LLama! :P

speaking of lamps i saw yesterday that a masssager that has a infrared bulp tip works great im getting one soon :)

Hey Oscar (and everyone here),

I'm so glad you created this thread! I inquired in another thread if anyone would be interested in a thread that talks about benzos, but also music, art, and the things you said in your orginal post.

For anyone here who likes Bob Dylan (or perhaps even if you never have), this rendition of Hard Rain with the Japanese Philharmonic Orchestra is amazing. Also, near the end, we have Joni Mitchell and Bob (+many others) doing "I Shall Be Released."

Oscar: I was thinking of a thread named something like Benzos and Other Things, Benzos and Other Evils, People Who Want to Talk about Benzos + Other Things Too, or something descriptive. Perhaps that might get more attention? (I actually love Toolshed, but it didn't catch my attention, until it was brought to my attention. What do you think?) PLEASE don't be offended by this comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie: Can I call you Katie?? :)