The Surfing Club (disscussion about waves)

[os...]

The phenomenon of waves intrigues me.

Wave talk here only folks.

How long do your waves last?

What is the difference between feeling symptoms and a wave?

How do you cope during a wave?

What is the worst thing about your waves?

Etc etc.

OK, I need to kick this thread off.

I have always been symptomatic in my taper and earlier in my taper and at about 5 months into it up until probably month 20 I had a LOT of pretty serious symptoms happening.

However, I got slammed at 7.5 months into the taper by ACUTE symptoms, I am talking MAJOR panic attacks, sheer TERROR and waking up every day with a jolt and the feeling of electricity surging through my body, even the sound of my bed sheets rustling was loud.

That is what I call a wave... and it is like being shoved into HELL.

I have also had this happen another time, I woke one day and I had very severe inner vibrations in my legs (not mild) and I had arm tics and even one on my face by my eye, I felt like the leg buzzing was about to spread to my whole body and arms, it was a really freaky feeling and I just knew I had to make a dose correction.

On BOTH of these occasions I had to make small up-doses to get the symptoms under control but the worst thing for me in these acute stages are the feelings on impending doom, it's like a complete feeling of utter dread and it is NOT just "anxiety", it is absolute sheer terror.

I am wondering if these things are normal in waves or whether what I was having was excessively bad?

I don't know how people can go for long periods with those kind of symptoms, I was about to keel over and die at one point, to me this is how I imagine going CT to be like at first.

Can anyone else describe their waves? I am not talking head pressure or feeling some mild inner vibrations here, I am talking about the other worldly anxiety that is almost inhumane and severe symptoms that are quite rampant.