FLIP'S FREEDOM

[Fl...]

I'm so happy to read your success story Flippy, you've encouraged me and kept my head above water so many times and I'm eternally grateful for that.  :mybuddy:

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."

Helen Keller

Love,

Molly :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Flip :smitten:

There are a several members here that I have been eagerly awaiting their success story, you are one of them!! My heart is soaring and filled with joy for you.

You have been through some trying times but you know, now you will have some wonderful and fulfilling times ahead.  You are on your way already to enjoying your life of wellness and I wish you the very best life has to offer.

pianogirl  :smitten:

You guys make me feel so humbled, so loved. I hardly know what to say, which as you all know is a rare condition for me.  :laugh:

Thank you all so much. It's a thing of beauty when people who are still suffering horribly can be happy for someone who has basically recovered. Thank you for your generous spirits.

For now I just want to answer. Free's question...

Free- yes, my energy has returned. This morning I spent about three hours down at the church helping with the spring yard clean up. I raked and picked up leaves and used my big broom to sweep the courtyard. I'm sore this evening but it's not that burning, crippling pain. I just feel like a normal 60 year old who overextended a little bit. That being said, I do not believe my fibro ddx was accurate. I never had the tender trigger points they look for. I simply hurt everywhere.

And guys, you're saying good bye prematurely. I am not planning to leave here. I might be less frequent but I'm not leaving. I can still give and receive support better right here than any place I know.

Love you guys!

Flip :smitten:

East Coast Australia

9:10am Sunday 30-March-2014

Autumn

Last, as usual, to see all the posts that were made while I was sleeping!

You have written a wonderful description of the agonies of drug withdrawal and the aftermath of recovery. I think that you have the material for a much longer version.

There are three attributes you possess that have always always impressed me, Flip.

One is your willingness to share even your most private fears and experiences.

The second is your lack of self pity. You don't whine. I believe that you have suffered one of the largest lists of physical ailments, emergencies and suffering (in all forms) on this forum. You have been well supported here but you seem to have the rare ability to stay strong, no matter what life throws at you.

Thirdly you seem to have a bottomless well of empathy for others. I have watched you give support to people suffering from very minor (in my opinion) discomforts while dealing with afflictions 100 times worse yourself. You don't judge.

You have countless other admirable qualities but I think these three strike me the most because I don't possess any of them myself.

I am so, so happy that most of the hideous physical ailments you have had to endure have disappeared. I am glad you can sleep without the awful CPAP machine. That you have the energy and motivation to be studying AND doing physical work too. They bring satisfaction and self esteem back. That you are making real world friends. That you are once again getting back to being you.

Bloody hell, I am certainly all serious today and have forgotten to say how much I like your sense of fun and humour. And I love that you love animals. I'll never forget the story of that cruel neighbour leaving his dogs outside in snow and his refusal of your offer to take them into your garage.

I wish I could have you for a real life friend so I could drop in for a cuppa and talk for a day!

Congratulations and love.

Xana

PS This is not about me, but I will never forget your support and lack of judgement (and that of a couple of others here) when I decided to chuck in the old taper business because I felt I had more important things I need to do in whatever time I have left. And for always making me feel welcome on your blog.

Dear Flip,

Thanks for answering my question.  How awesome is that, having your energy back?!#$%@!  How wonderful.  It definitely sounds like your fibro diagnosis was off.  I'm delighted to hear your burning pain is gone and that your hands are recovering along with the rest of your body.  Your story is none other than astounding.  Your writing is pure and clean.  Maybe pitch your story to Harvey Weinstein:)  I for one would love reading your book or seeing your movie script on screen.

I'm relatively new here and still struggling and really appreciate your support and see that you are well loved and for good reason.  Keep raking those leaves and enjoying the simple beauties in life that are infinitely precious.  That's what all this pain has taught me.  I will be forever grateful.

L.

[32...]

Flip,

Thanks for posting such a beautifully written Success Story. You words will be inspiring and motivating for many.  :)

All the best, mandala

[38...]

Thank you for taking the time to share your success story.  Congratulations  :hug: my eyes are tearing up in happiness for you  :smitten::)

Peace love and good health Towards  :smitten:

Hi again, Flip,

I must be awfully thick but it only just dawned on me that the headings for your blog and your success story integrate so perfectly.

'Free Flipper' with the sequel of 'Flip's Freedom'. Brilliant!

The not so brilliant, Xana.  :-[  xxx

I clicked on success stories and there you were....

I finished the dishes

Folded the laundry

Straightened up the living room

Washed my face and put on my PJ's

I wanted to read your success story with my total concentration absorbing your journey......I and elated for you, from the depths of the pits you came fighting back and I will say with a better life strapped to you and a clear direction.....Thank you for you Flip, and all you do .......  Jude  :smitten:

Hello Dearest Flip,

You stated "you promised" that you would post your Success Story, and you did.  Thank You is such a minimal word for this forum, but that is what I must write, with much gratitude to extend to you for writing this.  This is so important for one and all on this site, and all the dear ones behind that will come on board, and you know that.  Each one will read, sigh, and say, if this gal can do this I can also!! You established your history to help so very, very many!

Whew, with Kleenex is what I say to you.  The journey you shared that you traveled is so very important.  This showed the desperation of that deep valley, though, what that inner strength is all about and how you prevailed all of it, with the emotion and physical damage from it........ to one thing "GETTING YOUR LIFE BACK"...  From that deep inner strength and fight within.

I'm in awe of so many buddies on this site.  One by one each and everyone of you amaze me.  After being on this site for 3.5 years plus, I have followed all of you.  You, Miss Flippy you were one.  Your humor always caught me... I saw the strength from you to all others, and I knew in my heart you would attain what you have.

My blessings to you always sweet Flip.  Just know you will be the most wonderful therapist!  You go for it girl!  All the blessings to you always.

Love to you always,

Pattylu  :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Flip just did a bit of a look offline late arvo here and was super stoked to see your name in the success stories.  I want to say a hearty congrats to you was a truly emotional read as you were one of the first people I ever met around the time I was finding out truly what a benzo even was.  Your kind and helpful to all who have crossed your path even though im not around anymore I will always remember you.  Your story was so beautifully written im so happy you are back to life.  Please live and enjoy every single moment and stay in that moment and embrace it.  Life is such a wonderful gift each and every day is so precious.  Well here's to you lovely lady enjoy a beautiful life.

Lizzy xoxo

Dearest Flip

I am so moved by your Success story that I can't even properly organize my thoughts.

I decided to write a little now and write more as I feel compelled to.

You can sure that this story will help a lot of people for as long as this forum is going.

Ok I truly have a lot more to say but can't get it out now.

My eyes and heart are running over, but I am tongue tied.

You are really an incredible person Flip. My deepest admiration.

Love Carol

Hi Flip,

Such a moving success story. I'm so happy you've healed from all that pain...and I'm glad you're not leaving! We started here about the same time and you've been such a voice of reason for me. I don't post much, I'm more of a reader...and the older generation of BBs are where I find my solace. As this thread shows, you're so important to everyone here...you've been a tremendous help to everyone and I know you'll be a great counselor! But I'm just thrilled you're not leaving...the people here have become part of my family...

So happy for you...it gives me hope.  :)

Dear Flip  :smitten: :smitten:

I started reading your success story and my heart was flipping. Tears were running down my cheeks remembering all your suffering and how sick you felt during this ordeal. How you described your tortuous time and everything you had to suffer until you found the help you needed made my heart ache.

But then I started reading how your life started to changed, how little by little sometimes barely noticeable you started to feel more alive and then mixed with the tears a smile showed up in my lips. I'm so moved, so happy, so proud of you Flip. I know how hard the taper was for you. I had the privilege to walk this path with you. You taught me so much, encouraged me when I needed, made laugh when I was sad and God we laughed  :laugh:. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart my friend.

My heart is now singing with happiness for you. I'm glad all those freaky diseases your doctors told you had are gone. I'm glad you are living your life fully again. Geez "living our lives" was like a dream for us, remember? That was our number one goal, well that or feeling well enough to have a shower  :laugh:. And now you are living your life and that is something you fought so hard to achieve. I'm happy, just so happy Flip. You made my day and I'm celebrating it with you. Thank you.

Thank you, friend for posting this. I know it will greatly help those members who are struggling just to get out of bed. We fed in these kind of stories during our dark days. Congrats for having the fortitude to go back to school to have your master and for wanting to help others. You'll be a marvelous therapist. With all your experience and knowledge you'll change many lives like you did here. You are a very special woman and I feel so blessed for being your friend.

I'm so proud and happy for you.

Much love and many hugs from the far away.

Laura

You should be very proud, Flip.  The ability to write a success story speaks to the struggle you had getting here.  Not many can do what you've done.  It takes great courage.

I'm filled with pride to be associated.

Beau  :smitten:

This is a wonderful story. Congratulations for your success! I'm happy you have got such a fine new life.

Reading this was uplifting. I've had some rough weeks now and have questioned why I ever took on getting off benzos. Now I see more clearly again.

Thank you flip for your story.  The suffering we endure is simply unbelievable isn't it?  So glad you are out the other side!

I am 25 months out from a rapid k taper after 5 years of use.  Still in a bad way mentally but a lot of physical improvements.

All the best

Karen

Hey Flip,

You were the first person I talked with when I found BB.

Thank you for all your support and help.

I am so happy for you.

I hope your healthy future only gets better and better.

Love and healing,

Causing

Hi Flip,

What an heart-rending story and a more amazing story of healing and overcoming all you have been through!  Your success story is a source of courage for those going through their tapers, for those filled with fear of the future, and for those who have no one in their lives who understands.

You are a help to so many here as well as an inspiration.  Many will benefit from your counseling.

You have already helped me more than you will ever know.  I am filled with awe of all you have achieved. 

Your blog is a gathering place and I am so grateful that you will not be leaving...

Love you,

Ellen  :smitten:

Simply glorious.... as you yourself are Flipp!

Endless gratitude for sharing so much here & for always helping others despite your own struggles.

You have lifted many hearts, many times..... including mine

love always,

margaretisabel

It is a wonderful success story Flip :hug: Its inspirational  Thank you or taking the time out to do it. You have come a long way dear Flip, I am so happy for you and what you have achieved

I am wishing for you all the great things life has to offer

Margo :smitten:

Thank you Margo, my friend.  It feels like a lifetime ago we met and spent many long, miserable nights playing and laughing to get through. I'll always remember your giddiness when you washed your car in the rain just because you felt like doing it and good. You felt so alive and we all rejoiced with you! Yes...a very long way indeed.

Thank you for all you do here, Margo. Talk about selflessness. I just respect the hell out of how you conduct yourself here.

:smitten:

Flip

Such a beautiful way with words, Flippy.  This will encourage and reassure others for many years to come, my friend.

Challis (dusts off:)  http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/grouphugg.gif

Challis, thanks for all the encouragement in so many, many ways. You are the absolute best cheerleader ever. OK, tell the truth, were you a cheerleader in high school? If so, I still like you. Im certain you weren't one of the snooty ones.

AWWW, a dust off of the group hug. Now Im REALLY honored.

Flip

Hi Flip -

Once again, your writing is wonderful!  I love reading your prose, your story.  You are truly an inspiration for us all.  Your words touch me very much and I am so grateful for them, and ever so happy for you.

I may have questions later as time goes along,

L.

Thanks, Free,

Ill do my best to answer whatever questions you come up with. My timing was very poor in my posting of this story with free time to respond. Ive been reading and smiling and feeling loved, but snowed under with a mountain of busy work assignments. So Im going to do this as time allows and not rush. I don't care if it takes days.

Flip

Happiness! :'(.  Brings tears to my eyes. I'm very close to finishing after tapering for two years so I'm excited to get my life back.  So happy you have yours.

Thank you, Drew. Im really happy to be able to be living life again. Life is extra holy after benzos. I hope you know very soon just what I mean. You WILL!

Flip