Author Topic: FLIP'S FREEDOM  (Read 45730 times)

[Buddie]

Re: FLIP'S FREEDOM
« Reply #330 on: November 13, 2019, 04:53:19 am »
[...],

Just wanted to tell you that, while I never knew you, I [...] link people to your success story, as well as your thread when you brought back other recovered folks to advise those in [...] struggling, and I tell them about your goal of helping other people after your own [...]. Also, I share your advice of helping others as a powerful way to make this experience meaningful and to aid in one's own [...]. I have very ambivalent feelings about people who go through this and then just go back to business as usual when they heal. I hope other's follow in your path. Mine is an angrier one, but it is deeply informed by your words.

I'm sure it doesn't make it worth it, because it was never your burden to carry, but I think the pain you endured may be the reason some people are [...] alive on this earth.

So that's something.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #331 on: November 17, 2019, 02:03:40 pm »
[...],

Just wanted to tell you that, while I never knew you, I [...] link people to your success story, as well as your thread when you brought back other recovered folks to advise those in [...] struggling, and I tell them about your goal of helping other people after your own [...]. Also, I share your advice of helping others as a powerful way to make this experience meaningful and to aid in one's own [...]. I have very ambivalent feelings about people who go through this and then just go back to business as usual when they heal. I hope other's follow in your path. Mine is an angrier one, but it is deeply informed by your words.

I'm sure it doesn't make it worth it, because it was never your burden to carry, but I think the pain you endured may be the reason some people are [...] alive on this earth.

So that's something.

[...]

Hello [...],
You know me, even though we've never talked until now. You know me because I poured out my depths on these threads and that was life saving for me. Now I know you a little and look forward to knowing you more. Your affirming words are powerfully meaningful to me on this Sunday morning and I thank you for them.

The longer I am on this journey, the more convinced I become that it is connection that both heals us and makes this life beautiful. I now have the immense privelege of sitting with people who hurt and helping them find a sacred space to heal. There is even some new research that when, as an adult, we are deeply seen and deeply accepted, we experience the release of the neurotransmitter oxytocin which is the same feel good substance released when [...] and initially child bond. When we can experience this as an adult, it can be transformational. I think that is what makes this forum so unique; there are some very meaningful and authentic conversations here, and even though we all have never met each other, we share a bond of hope.

I feel very honored that you point people to those pages of real conversation and I feel quietly humbled that my journey might help others. I also think it was worth it if these things are true. I also understand why some people just resume life as they can. I equate it to holocaust survivors who stepped back into life and never spoke of their unspeakable suffering again, or of returning soldiers who cannot talk about what they saw and experienced. We are all unique and we all express in different ways. You say you are angrier. That part of me probably never showed up here because I started having connections that were (gasp) FUN! Who knew one could have fun in hell. But I did. I think I saved the anger for therapy, which also taught me so much.

Wishing you a day of acceptance, peace and hope, [...]. Thank you for your beautiful post.
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #332 on: November 18, 2019, 12:42:29 am »
 :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #333 on: November 18, 2019, 01:30:21 am »
Thank you [...] for creating such a [...] success story - I needed to read something like this tonight.