Author Topic: FLIP'S FREEDOM  (Read 42704 times)

[Buddie]

Re: FLIP'S FREEDOM
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 09:33:19 pm »
I am bawling....I am so happy for you. And even though it seems so far away I am [...] for my future without benzos. Thank you for being the kind and open-hearted person you are and for sticking around to support others.

Blessings on your new life!
Emily
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 09:35:04 pm »
Dear [...],
   Months ago I reached out to you as I was having a tough time with the final stages of my taper. You responded with gentle words reassuring me I would be able to complete the task and be well. I will never forget your kindness.
   Reading your story today is like the next step...first you took my hand and walked with me and now you are letting it go, again telling me I will be fine. I am so happy for you [...]. Thank you for telling your honest and inspiring story. It gives us hope.
   Good luck as you complete your studies and move forward.
Warmly,
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2014, 09:46:47 pm »
See...I told you that we didn't need the Mayans to heal!  I told you!  So happy for you, my dear Flippister.  "You've come a long way, baby!"

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 10:00:10 pm »
[...],
Beautifully written from the heart.  I am so happy for you and grateful we met. 
love,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2014, 10:08:55 pm »
For all of us who have followed behind, thanks for taking the time to write a very encouraging success story! They are lifelines on bad days and keep us moving forward as patiently as possible.
Well done!

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2014, 10:42:48 pm »
     I'm so happy to read your success story [...], you've encouraged me and kept my head above water so many times and I'm eternally grateful for that.  :mybuddy:

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
Helen Keller

Love,

[...] :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2014, 10:51:46 pm »
[...] :smitten:

There are a several members here that I have been eagerly awaiting their success story, you are one of them!! My heart is soaring and filled with joy for you.

You have been through some trying times but you know, now you will have some wonderful and fulfilling times ahead.  You are on your way already to enjoying your life of wellness and I wish you the very best life has to offer.

[...]  :smitten:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 11:10:26 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2014, 10:55:36 pm »
[...]

You mention being diagnosed with fibro at one point.  Has your energy returned?

Congrats again. 

L.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2014, 11:06:07 pm »
You guys make me feel so humbled, so loved. I hardly know what to say, which as you all know is a rare condition for me.  :laugh:

Thank you all so much. It's a thing of beauty when people who are [...] suffering horribly can be happy for someone who has basically recovered. Thank you for your generous spirits.

For now I just want to answer. Free's question...

Free- yes, my energy has returned. This morning I spent about three hours down at the church helping with the spring yard clean up. I raked and picked up leaves and used my big broom to sweep the courtyard. I'm sore this evening but it's not that burning, crippling pain. I just feel like a normal 60 year old who overextended a little bit. That being said, I do not believe my fibro ddx was accurate. I never had the tender trigger points they look for. I simply hurt everywhere.

And guys, you're saying good bye prematurely. I am not planning to leave here. I might be less frequent but I'm not leaving. I can [...] give and receive support better right here than any place I know.

Love you guys!
[...] :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2014, 11:44:22 pm »
East Coast Australia
9:10am Sunday 30-March-2014
Autumn

Last, as usual, to see all the posts that were made while I was sleeping!

You have written a wonderful description of the agonies of drug withdrawal and the aftermath of recovery. I think that you have the material for a much longer version.

There are three attributes you possess that have always always impressed me, [...].

One is your willingness to share even your most private fears and experiences.

The second is your lack of self pity. You don't whine. I believe that you have suffered one of the largest lists of physical ailments, emergencies and suffering (in all forms) on this forum. You have been well supported here but you seem to have the rare ability to stay strong, no matter what life throws at you.

Thirdly you seem to have a bottomless well of empathy for others. I have watched you give support to people suffering from very minor (in my opinion) discomforts while dealing with afflictions 100 times worse yourself. You don't judge.

You have countless other admirable qualities but I think these three strike me the most because I don't possess any of them myself.

I am so, so happy that most of the hideous physical ailments you have had to endure have disappeared. I am glad you can sleep without the awful CPAP machine. That you have the energy and motivation to be studying AND doing physical work too. They bring satisfaction and self esteem back. That you are making real world friends. That you are once again getting back to being you.

Bloody hell, I am certainly all serious today and have forgotten to say how much I like your sense of fun and humour. And I love that you love animals. I'll never forget the story of that cruel neighbour leaving his dogs outside in snow and his refusal of your offer to take them into your garage.

I wish I could have you for a real life friend so I could drop in for a cuppa and talk for a day!

Congratulations and love.

[...]

PS This is not about me, but I will never forget your support and lack of judgement (and that of a couple of others here) when I decided to chuck in the old taper business because I felt I had more important things I need to do in whatever time I have left. And for always making me feel welcome on your blog.