simvastatin(zocor)

[co...]

:'( hello everyone

Question does anyone on this board take this drug..i just came from the doctor after having blood work done and he tells me my cholestrol is up more then it was my last blood check 5 months ago..i tried taking other statins and they made me weak and achey..i know i am going to have to do something because the diet isnt bringing it down like i had hoped..my mom has high cholestrol too so i guess i am taking back after her..i dont know what to do here i am concerned about the sideffects and how it is going to effect my W/D symptoms i am already having..which none of the doctors understand withdrawl whatsoever..just need some advice here from you'll..as if things arent bad enough now this to add to the mix i am suppost to start this drug tonight..any thoughts please..

god bless you'll

:smitten:    hugs sherry

ps  i have already tried to take the fishoil and flaxoil and they make me sick at my stomach so where do i go from here..any sujestions will be apresheated here..thanks so much..have a great day everyone..

Hi countrygrl,

I don't know anything about the drug but I've taken red yeast rice for high cholestrol and it has brought it down.  I'm not taking any right now because I stopped taking everything during wd but I need to start it up again.  I don't know of any reason why it would affect wd, I just decided not to take anything.

Hope this helps... :smitten:

Hi Countrygirl,

Most likely, if you were sensitive to other statins you will be sensitive to zocor. My mom was/is on it, and has always had all sorts of muscle problems from it. The doctor reduced her dose in half but she is still not right. I won't say for you not to take it as you do want to lower your cholesterol, that's really important. Find out if you can start with a lower dose and see if that might be enough to bring it down.  :)

:)  thanks eljay and TS for your help and support i decided to try some supplements i went to the health food store and they lady who works that hooked me up with some natural things to use to lower it i pray it works and that they dont give me any problems but like you said eljay if i had trouble with one statin i will probally have trouble with another i am so med sensitive anyways i cant take alot of different medicines..again thank you both so much..have a blessed night,  :thumbsup:

hugs sherry  :hug: