Author Topic: Better than Ever at Two, now THREE Years off Xanax  (Read 46802 times)

[Buddie]

Re: BETTER THAN EVER at Two Years off Xanax
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2014, 11:50:23 pm »
Can you tell me the pros and cons of transitioning to Valium?  I guess I [...] a baby, but when I go off I feel so awful I go back to a small dosage.  Why go to Valium.  Won't that then become another withdrawal to suffer through?

Valium has a much longer half-life than Xanax or some other benzos.  It's also a little more sedating than Xanax.  It worked for me for that reason, though some people find it too sedating.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2014, 06:29:49 pm »
[...],

Can you please tell me how you did the Valium switch.  Since it lasts longer in the body, it seems you wouldn't take the same dosage each day.  I [...] at 1/4 to 1/2 a day.  I [...] thinking .5 mil of Valium instead but would it build up for a worse addiction?

Blessings,

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2014, 06:35:53 pm »
[...],

Can you please tell me how you did the Valium switch.  Since it lasts longer in the body, it seems you wouldn't take the same dosage each day.  I [...] at 1/4 to 1/2 a day.  I [...] thinking .5 mil of Valium instead but would it build up for a worse addiction?

Blessings,

[...]

Hi,

I did my complete taper in about 10 weeks.  My prescriptions had been stopped, and all I had to work was what I already had on hand.  I don't remember dosages, but I do remember that for 3 or 4 days I was taking both Xanax and valium, and after that I took only valium.  It was a fast taper, by necessity.

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2014, 08:40:28 pm »
[...], reading your success put a smile on me :)  I can't wait for this whole ordeal to be over. Tapering, tapering, tapering, new drugs more drugs more tapering and waiting for the miracle of healing.  This can't be real but is ?  sigh :(
I just can't put my head around these long healing times. What is it with this darn drug? 

Wishing you continued healing [...] :thumbsup: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2014, 08:32:11 pm »
Thank you, everyone!  I'm glad my story can help inspire others.  Getting off benzos isn't easy, but it is worth it!

:smitten:

Truer words never spoken.  All the thanks for me to BB! :smitten:

Karen

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2014, 02:00:38 am »
This is a great success story.
I don't come here often...but I [...] glad I did.

I [...] so [...] for you and your testimony is very encouraging.

Much love and continued healing,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2014, 01:49:55 am »
Your stories are inspirational I feel like I'm going insane!  I don't know exactly where to post this but basically I had my first panic attack that I can remember in high school, been diagnosed with ptsd, dmr, agoraphobia, panic disorder, gad you name it. Basically drank and smoked herb all through my 20's almost died from it.  Then was detoxed in the hospital and told I probably wasnt going to live. I did and decided to get married and have my first kid, had a relapse of severe anxiety depression while I was pregnantbinge drank for about 3 weeks hospital saved me and my daughters life.  But my first experience with lorazepam was when they put me in a coma for it after nearly dying in the hospital in 2009. After having my first baby was feeling depressed still smoked herb and went to get help from psychiatry at Kaiser at the time was diagnosed with postpartum depression put on zoloft and gabbapentin and then ended up in the hospital with pins and needles feelings tremors, they had to put seisure pads around me accused me of drinking again.  I told them that I had not.  Now that i've done more research think it was protractive withdrawls. They diagnosed me with seritonin toxcicity syndrome. Then my health got real bad and they put me on prednizone and a whole bunch of other meds that made my anxiety go sky high eventually i was at 6mg of lorazapam a day for 6 months.  Went to see the head of the department [...] got me off the gabapentin and then i had the courage to get myself of the lorazepam went from 2mgs 3x a day to 11/2 3x a day to 11/2 twice a day and did the rest on my own all within two months this was back in 2012 decided to stay on the mirtazapine that they had put me on when diagnosed with ssts.  So i wouldnt drink during my second pregnancy. During my 2nd pregnancy no drinking but my anxiety was through the roof only way i could get through it was to smoke herb which i know sounds terrible but better than taking lorazapam!  After my second daughter was born in 2013 I still had severe anxiety but was functional was still smoking herb occasionally but taking my kids to the park being a [...] used lorazepam on occasion for sleep like 1 mg or a trip or two to the park dealing with my agoraphobia. Long story short we moved to be closer to my husbands work way out to the boonies I lost my former caregivers started drinking again cause i didnt want to use the lorazepam, then in dec 2013 started 2mg Lorazepam to make sure i wouldnt go into alcohol withdrawls by jan i was up to 3 taking it every 8 hours. My doc told me to stop drinking and stop smoking herb so i did. became less functional then he upped my lorazepam and i stopped tolerating it, so he switched me to klondazapam stopped tolerating that was itching all over like crazy. Then he put me on librium then I started with the doctors out here my pshychiatrist dropped me after they put me on every ssri imaginable none of which i can tolerate.  I started with a new psychiatrist have only had 2 sessions with him so far but [...] less functional than i have ever been in my life i feel like im going crazy was at 150 mg of librium by my other doctor then dropped by 33% all at once then with the next one was tappered from 100 to 95 severe withdrawls, then to 90 even more severe withdrawls then changed to the new one I'm seeing now. He bumped me back up to 95 mg of librium and [...] so disfunctional i have to have caretakers take care of me and my kids. He originally bumped me back up to 100 but felt suicidal on that so then went back down to 95 the next day.  I feel like I'm stuck here, no [...] no way out. I don't know what to do, they have me in I.O.P. but its not helping me at all. Since starting the librium ive become progressively worse and worse.  I want off the benzos but dont want to loose my family or end up in a mental hospital where all they will do is dose me and send me back out to I.O.P. again, feel so weak i sometimes can't get out of bed or lift a jug of milk cryig constantly feel like im living in hell and that it's just hopeless.  Has anyone gone through what i [...] going through?  Any advice on how to get my life back or what route I should go with my new psychiatrist feel like every decision i make only makes things worse and like im living in an unreal world.  I havent had a drink or smoked herb since Jan but feel less functional and sane every day that goes by, just make it through the day is every day of my life i feel no joy only pain and misery, everyone has a different answer.  PLEASE HELP! :crazy:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 05:37:09 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2014, 02:54:18 pm »
Thanks [...], [...], and [...].  I appreciate your kind words!  :smitten:

[...], that's quite a story.  You'll find that many here have similar stories about being switched from benzo to benzo, and other drugs as well, both prescription and nonprescription.  For me, it was Xanax all the way with an a/d thrown in.  I'm currently tapering off citalopram, and doing so much slower than I tapered off Xanax.  So far, so good.  My advice to you is to keep posting on the boards, and remember that our boards generally have themes, i.e., "Other Medications" for non-benzo drug related questions, "Anxiety" for anxiety related posts, etc.  We also have a Support Group section where you'll find special interest groups for your particular situation, such as being a parent in withdrawal.  [...] this helps....

:smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2014, 04:51:59 pm »
Hi [...]!  :)

It is so encouraging to me that you continued to feel improvement from 1 - 2 years off!  I noticed that you said your symptoms were always worse in the mornings.  Mine are too, and I generally feel better by noon.  Are your mornings symptom free now? 

Thanks for being such a light for all of us!! :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2014, 06:20:32 pm »
Very, very encouraging, [...]!!! Thank you so much for listing your sxs as your healing improved and for posting your success story. I've been reading a book lately, and I swear I don't remember reading one of the chapters, but I must have. That's scary to me. Info goes out the window a lot, like it's been wiped away. So knowing that you've gotten through all of that and are painting again - that's huge!!! Thank you again!!!