Pregnancy support group

[...]

Is anybody else out there facing the guilt and fear, not only of withdrawals, but of having to choose what is best for your baby and also what is best for you?  I'm still in my first trimester and rapidly tapering off of Ativan.  Of course, the first trimester is considered the most dangerous.  By the time I get off of this I'll be just past the twelve week point.  Seems pointless at times.  Has anybody had any good Dr.'s who have helped them through this?

• 5 weeks later...
I'm sorry for your loss  :hug:

What loss?

jjh: Firstly congratulations on being pregnant. Have you spoken with your doctor about this? I remember a member here ages ago who left, relating a story similar to your situation. From memory, I believe she had been using Xanax. She was advised that withdrawal would be more stressful to her body than the slight risk of harm in continuing taking the drug. Naturally she worried through the pregnancy but the baby was fine.

However PLEASE don't take advice from anyone on an internet forum. You really do need to see an obstetrician for proper advice as soon as possible. As you said, the first trimester is the most crucial one, with the baby forming. After that it just grows bigger.

Best of luck.

Xana

I'm sorry for your loss  :hug:

What loss?

jjh: Firstly congratulations on being pregnant. Have you spoken with your doctor about this? I remember a member here ages ago who left, relating a story similar to your situation. From memory, I believe she had been using Xanax. She was advised that withdrawal would be more stressful to her body than the slight risk of harm in continuing taking the drug. Naturally she worried through the pregnancy but the baby was fine.

However PLEASE don't take advice from anyone on an internet forum. You really do need to see an obstetrician for proper advice as soon as possible. As you said, the first trimester is the most crucial one, with the baby forming. After that it just grows bigger.

Best of luck.

Xana

Her sig said she had a miscarriage.

I'd be happy to learn it was another time. Although a miscarriage is never good news it would be wonderful if she still had her baby.

I agree with Xana. If you still have your baby - and I certainly hope so - then you need to see a medical professional.

This is beyond our experience and expertise.

Much love

Smiff

Smiff and jjh:

Her sig said she had a miscarriage.

I am SO sorry. I didn't read the signature. I was just going by what was in the post.

My sympathies too, jjh. Miscarriages are sometimes passed off as minor and indeed some women seem to come through them without lasting emotional problems but I know from a member in my family how long lasting the grief can be for some.

I really hope this new pregnancy will be uneventful and your desire for a healthy baby will be fulfilled.

My best wishes to you.

Xana X

Thanks Xana and Smiff.  I'm recovering from the miscarriage and experiencing a lot of relief of my symptoms along with the loss.  Hard times.

Thanks Xana and Smiff.  I'm recovering from the miscarriage and experiencing a lot of relief of my symptoms along with the loss.  Hard times.

Very very hard. Come see us at the Valium/Diazepam Support thread. There are lots of lovely supportive people there.

There may be someone who can help with the w/ds c/o too.

Take care Dear JJ  :hug: