First step taper

[Be...]

Hello Everyone.

I seem to have stabilized on 2mg of K so tonight I am going t start my first taper. Please wish me luck. I only have been dosing at night and am going to be aggressive and go with 1.75 mg tonight. I am reserving the right to use .125 during the day if the symptoms are unbearable. Worst case it would only be a 16% cut. Best case of course would be 25% cut. I really am trying to get as low as I can on the Klonipin before I cross over to Valium.

Good luck to you! You've got a positive attitude going in and I truly believe that's a big necessity in this journey. Good for you! :thumbsup:

Best to you, Benzobeth!

If you were asking for advice, I'd probably suggest that you stick with 10% for your first cut since you had some problems recently with stabilizing.  I definitely understand the desire to be off asap, I felt the same way when I realized the problems benzos cause.  However, I made one bad cut (too large) and the symptoms it brought on stayed with me for a long time, so I try to let people know that one bad cut can really impact us.

Glad you're holding the 1.25 as an option if things get tough.

Challis  :thumbsup:

Good luck. Try to start yourself off gently and try to stay within the 10% cut range. No point in having severe w/d symptoms right out of the chute. Slow and easy does it - this is not a race. You want to keep yourself as functional and comfortable as possible, plus to minimize the potential for lingering withdrawal symptoms when you finish your taper. The only way this can be reliably done is to make small cuts and hold until you stabilize nicely.

Best of luck.

Thanks everyone for your advise. Today so far so good but the afternoon is usually when I have trouble. I will keep updating and slow this taper down. It is hard not to want to hurry and get it over with.

Going slow can give a better result with a much more bearable ride along the way. In my experience, crossing to Valium first and then slow tapering is much gentler and more likely to get you off, albeit it will take time. All the best.

Good luck!!! I believe with the go slow for benzos. A snails pace is hard but the end can be so much better. Maybe.  :crazy:  No more than 25% every two weeks, ok to do 10% if needed. And I won't be crossing to valium. Keep us updated!! Wishing u well!!

OK thanks to everyone. Yesterday went fine with my cut. Today not as good but still it is OK. I think I will stay at this 1.5 for a couple of weeks then cut again.

Best to you, Benzobeth!

If you were asking for advice, I'd probably suggest that you stick with 10% for your first cut since you had some problems recently with stabilizing.  I definitely understand the desire to be off asap, I felt the same way when I realized the problems benzos cause.  However, I made one bad cut (too large) and the symptoms it brought on stayed with me for a long time, so I try to let people know that one bad cut can really impact us.

Glad you're holding the 1.25 as an option if things get tough.

Challis  :thumbsup:

I think this is good advice.  :thumbsup:

All the best to you, benzobeth.  :)

Well today has been one of those days that if it can go wrong it will. Crazy at work. Strangely enough though my WD are not so bad. Mentally I would like to take something but I come on here and read so you guys can talk me off the ledge. I am not going to back up. Deep breathing and keeping the goal in site to be Benzo free.

Thanks Guys

IF U ARE ABLE TO WORK, GOOD FOR YOU! SOME OF US CAN'T BC OF SYX. MY MOTTO PERSONALLY IS ANY RESCUE DOSE IS JUST PROLONGING THE TAPER. TRY AND HOLD ON AND IT WILL PASS! GOOD JOB! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Just Started my Second step Taper. I cut another .5 last night so I am at 1 mg. This is aggressive I know and I and feeling it more this time. It is bearable and any future cuts will be much less but I am going to try to stick this one out. It is not crazy bad just antsy this evening. It seems to be better if I stay busy and not "think" too much. If I can stabilize at this dose it will be 10% cuts at most from this point on. Thanks everyone for their support.

Pleased to here you're going OK. Be careful - the effect from a cut or a series of cuts can occur some time later - you want to be well when you reach zero, to give you the best chance of avoiding sx well after you've stopped. It's very tempting to push too quickly to try and get off, and pay a big price. I have been there on 3 failed tapers in the past 2 years - that's why I've become an advocate for the slow and careful taper. That's my motivation to want to "watch your back". You might be just fine with what you're doing now, or might run into "the weeds" and need to re-evaluate.

RE V vs K, as was posted by a K taperer, both can be successfully tapered - some crossover to V for the longer half-life (I did), others taper directly bearing in mind the same principles about careful conservative cut rates.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bolders I did not think about that. I will be slowing things down . I do not want the SX to sneak up on me. I have symptoms that come and go now through out the day. It seems to be manageable so far.

I am not sure now how ling to wait until I make a cut. I know it needs to be a much smaller cut but do I wait until I have no symptoms before I proceed. I sure do want to get this over with,

Thanks to everyone for being here.