Author Topic: First step taper  (Read 728 times)

[Buddie]

Re: First step taper
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 04:25:21 pm »
IF U ARE ABLE TO WORK, GOOD FOR YOU! SOME OF US CAN'T BC OF SYX. MY MOTTO PERSONALLY IS ANY RESCUE DOSE IS JUST PROLONGING THE TAPER. TRY AND HOLD ON AND IT WILL PASS! GOOD JOB! :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 01:48:53 pm »
How's it going now Beth?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 05:31:45 pm »
Just Started my Second step Taper. I cut another .5 last night so I am at 1 mg. This is aggressive I know and I and feeling it more this time. It is bearable and any future cuts will be much less but I am going to try to stick this one out. It is not crazy bad just antsy this evening. It seems to be better if I stay busy and not "think" too much. If I can stabilize at this dose it will be 10% cuts at most from this point on. Thanks everyone for their support.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 01:07:50 pm »
Pleased to here you're going OK. Be careful - the effect from a cut or a series of cuts can occur some time later - you want to be well when you reach zero, to give you the best chance of avoiding sx well after you've stopped. It's very tempting to push too quickly to try and get off, and pay a big price. I have been there on 3 failed tapers in the past 2 years - that's why I've become an advocate for the slow and careful taper. That's my motivation to want to "watch your back". You might be just fine with what you're doing now, or might run into "the weeds" and need to re-evaluate.

RE V vs K, as was posted by a K taperer, both can be successfully tapered - some crossover to V for the longer half-life (I did), others taper directly bearing in mind the same principles about careful conservative cut rates.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 01:57:51 pm »
Thanks [...] I did not think about that. I will be slowing things down . I do not want the SX to sneak up on me. I have symptoms that come and go now through out the day. It seems to be manageable so far.

I am not sure now how ling to wait until I make a cut. I know it needs to be a much smaller cut but do I wait until I have no symptoms before I proceed. I sure do want to get this over with,

Thanks to everyone for being here.