Question/ Is lorazepam/ativan @ 1.5 considered a medium dose or low?

[ro...]

Been on for over 12 yrs. tapering now, feel soooooo awful everyday. From buddies out ther,  is this really do-able? Been on so long, all thru my late 40's and my 50's, now I'm 61. I feel like they are part of me.  Im tapering, so does that just eventually taper too, the feeling that these pills are part of me? Or do you just start not missing the doses and get tired of all this? Low dose, but long time.....buddies please help.

Doesnt matter if you call 1.5mg "low" or "medium." Classification, labeling wont make any difference. If you want off of ativan, make a plan to get off. I was on 1.0 mg daily, I never labeled my dose, but 1.0 mg KICKED MY ASS. for me, 1.0 mg was a very powerful dose that rocked my entire existence in a very bad way.

But the good news, is that I got off of 1.0 mg by tapering over 3.5 months. Getting off 1.5mg is do-able, other folks here have come off much higher doses of ativan. Welcome.  :)

Only compounding pharmacies will be able to prepare the suspension, though some non-compounding pharmacies may be willing to get/stock the manufacturer-prepared liquid ativan/lorazepam (which is not the same as the suspension mentioned earlier). Of course, you could prepare a suspension yourself, but in my case, I didnt want the hassle and I didn't trust myself, so I had the pharmacist make it for me.

1mg of Ativan is equal to 10mg Valium, so 1.5mg is like 15 mg Valium. I was once on 6mg Ativan a day, which is like 60mg Valium and THAT was considered a high dose of Ativan. Still, looking back, my opinion is that ANY Ativan taken for more than a one time event is too much Ativan. After only six weeks of use I have had to taper a whole year to get off of the stuff. In my opinion the only safe dose of Ativan is 0 mg.

Rosegal, I am 64 and nearly 5 months off 1.5 -2 mg ativan. I jumped 1mg c/t before I knew any better. The second mg I tapered over 6 months after becoming educated regarding benzos and finding BBs.

....For me, I am beginning to experience more of my true self during sunbreaks and windows. In the beginning I also worried that without the ativan I would not be able to function normally. As I experience windows I realize that the ativan was subtly but significantly blunting my personality. It is not easy to do this, but in my experience it has been so worth it...and I still have probably at least 7 more months to go.Everyone has their own reasons for wanting off. For me,  once I researched the medication I realized many of my s/x were actually side effects, tolerance or interdose w/d s/x.

.....You will find so much support on BBs. Go one day at a time. I know you feel like the ativan is part of you, but really they are not. They alter our brain chemistry. in ways that rob us of normal.   

b

.......It is worth it ....no matt..er what age we are. There is a 50+ support group over on the support group board. PianoGirl has a very inspiring success story.

...wishing you the best Rosegal.....cooperten