Video recovery stories

[sc...]

No this isn't my recovery story but I think this should remain in the recovery story section, why move something like this to a place where it may never get seen.

http://cepuk.org

This website has videos of a number of people who describe there experiences coming off and have largely recovered, or enough to move on with their lives.  Three videos (including Baylissa's) are strictly benzo-related, the others are related to antidepressant, ect.

http://cepuk.org/withdrawal-advisers/

In this link you can find a very uplifting but sobering Q and A session with Ian, who has worked at the WD charity for over 20 years.  Hope this offers some hope.

Be well,

Scott.

:thumbsup:

Was sent this last week by a dear friend in England.  Wonderful site and it appears that there is a real effort going on in England to bring awareness to the forefront.  1.5 million people in W/d in that country, so they are reporting.  I have been touched by Baylissa's story and her huge contribution to healing and support over this last year of my own suffering.  But this entire site is well worth the listen.

So glad you had seen it Galea.

I am still amazed that I keep coming across new benzo WD info on the web even after 2.5 years.  The info and support is out there.

Scott.

No this isn't my recovery story but I think this should remain in the recovery story section, why move something like this to a place where it may never get seen.

http://cepuk.org

This website has videos of a number of people who describe there experiences coming off and have largely recovered, or enough to move on with their lives.  Three videos (including Baylissa's) are strictly benzo-related, the others are related to antidepressant, ect.

http://cepuk.org/withdrawal-advisers/

In this link you can find a very uplifting but sobering Q and A session with Ian, who has worked at the WD charity for over 20 years.  Hope this offers some hope.

Be well,

Scott.

thank you scotth, good links, i have not seen them before. :thumbsup:

Thank you for posting this.

Sure helped me today & I have saved the link of Ian - to go back to.

His words are very heartening.

Thanks again

margaretisabel

[4a...]
Last night I watched all the videos. Very hopeful now. It amazes me the profound ignorance of whole professions but we're making progress. Strange as it sounds I think if our lives improve we are all better off for the suffering--more aware, resilient, and compassionate. Thank you for sharing the videos.

This is great. Thank you for posting. The Bristol Tranquilizer Project looks amazing. The UK is so ahead of the US with this stuff.

• 5 years later...

Was sent this last week by a dear friend in England.  Wonderful site and it appears that there is a real effort going on in England to bring awareness to the forefront.  1.5 million people in W/d in that country, so they are reporting.  I have been touched by Baylissa's story and her huge contribution to healing and support over this last year of my own suffering.  But this entire site is well worth the listen.

wow 1.5 million!

I wonder how many in the US?  Why is the US so behind on this?

Thanks for sharing the stories.

wow 1.5 million!

I wonder how many in the US?  Why is the US so behind on this?

Thanks for sharing the stories.

i think bc there is a lack of accurate diagnoses. people who are in withdrawal here are diagnosed with schizophrenia, parkinsons, dementia, ptsd, depression, anxiety, you name it.