Author Topic: Derealization and Depersonalization  (Read 70231 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Derealization and Depersonalization
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 01:04:19 am »
For me- when i began The Zengar Neurocare neurofeedback approach/brain re-training the D/R went away.
individual responses probably differ.
best, ra
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 10:30:31 pm »
I get this symptoms 2 or 3 times a day ...it really does suck especially when coupled with outher symptoms or around people ...I have had this since 15 in various degree's , I had been told it was psychosis ,lsd is very similar and I also got this during and alot after using canabis. I thought thsi had gone into my past but now at 42 I have to deal with it all over again, the bizzare trippy stuff always has negative attchments ..also the sensations and"pulling down feeling" makes it impossible to be around people as I feel under a giant microscope, ...oh well ;(
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 08:54:45 am »
i've been getting that 'pulling down feeling' too but i think it is because of all that is going on with my brain.
i also cannot lift my arms up either.
i'm uncertain to was dp/dr is? but i know i have it.
i am experiencing the feeling that my soul or the (I) that is me is observing all these weird things going on in my body and brain. and i feel like i am stuck in this weird computerized body and like a puppet.
is that a part of the dp/dr?
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 09:13:22 pm »
[...] ;) sounds like the dp's ...i have a running comentry of what i'm doing and thinking ...my perseption of what I look like is distorted ...I think I look stupid I feel I look weird and I havea snapshot of some strange time I looked in the mirror and it wasn't my best side .....then I feel I act wierd ect
and all of this time I know that I just look gaurded and dont act nothing as i wont allow it ....fear is a real nasty effect ...but it's really just a feeling or sensation ...we are overwelmed with sensations from supressed nervous systems ...it seems like we now are overloaded with bad chemicals and these attach to our emotions and thougt process's and memories too .....peace is waiting ..lets wait for peace  ...i'm not going back so I'm in it fo the long ride home ;)) .....([...] that made sense) MT :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 04:09:22 am »
Hey MT,
I really needed to hear that tonight.
tonight is really rough.
i really do not like the way i  look and wish i looked perfect.    8)     :'(     i'm freaking out about all my freckles. :tickedoff:
majorly.
and i feel like i am incarcerated here at my parents house when i'm just here recovering and very scared that i will never be able to find the perfect home for myself or job again.
i'm one of the ones that klonopin really took away my life for ten years. i am a musician with one record recorded and one record almost done but klonopin wouldn't allow me to finish--so freaking out about all that and my looks and my age and all i have not done and all that i have done.
oh and the carpet is killing me and i have lived here for a long time without that bothering me before--what is up with that?
is that the down regulation of those gaba receptors?
but thank you! i am sure that i am being hard on myself and need some more acceptance. i need a window.
i am going to pray for a window.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 04:11:05 am »
i meant to write all that i've done and all that i've not done. if you know what i mean?
i need a window, please!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 06:55:53 am »
Wow [...] we do have alot in common ....I'm also a musician and the focus/concentration issues have halted any production ,,If I do creat something it's forgot by the time I can get round to actually doing anything and I get to the recording device and can I create ? NO lol ..this is but a season we are in ...all will pass ..[...] you get your window soon ...the self image low self esteam thing is brutal on us when we are older ...we feel like teens and look like shit lol (not really to its in the head) ...none of our stuff is afraction of it's size in reality ...we distort the smallest thing in an ocd vibe ...obsessive low self image ..this will pass ...(funny we never ocd over posative stuff hmmm) 

the carpet thing LOL  ...we are so fickled arent we daisy lol ...I often hear my neibours moving around and swear they are being loud just specifically to annoy me .....they are thinking about me (what a joke)

I walk past people sometimes ( when i'm brave enough to get out_ ...I swear they are looking right into my soul ....and not in a good way ...they are working me out ..found out I'm weak and now enjoying my pain ...and will mess with me when i react ...which I will /.....their smiling I take and mocking me ....this is a twisted world view with no substance for proof .....lies my dear ......and the scaiest thing is .if i beive something to be true ..it becomes true in me ...even if it's crap ...then comes the pushing on through to the other side bit ...knowing whats real and what crap and acting acording to whats real and true not what i'm making real by misguided believe ...make sense?

However - this is me going too deep again ...there is a weord loop I and i'm sure we all get into ..one that has no good outcome
here's a window into my all or nothing thinking lol
belief              action              outcome               I think they think
I'm weak- thus I act weak thus -I am weak  -       I'm weak and vunerable
I'm weak thus i act strong but I feel weak   -         they can see through me
I'm strong   I act weak     - I'm withdrawing -         they cant see and if they can they have no idea wtf
I'm both weak and strong - I go with the flow - I'm far less stressed - they are stil what they are and can think what they like I feel better so I can deal with them better as people rather than what i think they think about me .....
messed up huh daisy 

I'm actually quite a strong person underneath the underneath /...so are you or you would not last 1 day of this nightmarishness ....they say 3 mnths is a megga milstone in symptoms ..6-8weeks ..I'm kinda hoping that for myself ....balls to windows I want a balncony ....I never thought i'd have agoraphobia lol ...oh well chat soon

and this advice helps me ----keep in the here and now (the past and the future dont exist)

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 03:14:44 pm »
Quote from: [Buddie]
]belief              action              outcome               I think they think
I'm weak- thus I act weak thus -I am weak  -       I'm weak and vunerable
I'm weak thus i act strong but I feel weak   -         they can see through me
I'm strong   I act weak     - I'm withdrawing -         they cant see and if they can they have no idea wtf
I'm both weak and strong - I go with the flow - I'm far less stressed - they are stil what they are and can think what they like I feel better so I can deal with them better as people rather than what i think they think about me .....

This is excellent, Mary.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 03:53:09 pm »
man i just read my own thing and it was good lol ..dealing with people as people and not what i think they think is the best part for me .....lol I like your... Where there is no struggle, there is no strength MT ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 03:55:22 pm »
man i just read my own thing and it was good lol ..dealing with people as people and not what i think they think is the best part for me .....lol I like your... Where there is no struggle, there is no strength MT ;)

It was really good, Mary.  :thumbsup: