Who is planning to jump in next 90 days?

[bi...]

I dont have control of my cuts.  A different Dr wanted to take me off in a month.

It looks like very highly in April Im off  Im looking forward to it and at the same

time a little scared  ok honestly big time.  I think one og the biggest obstacles really

is more so psychological side of this.  The physical part is there too.  Also looking

for thoughts and insight from benzo free members also.  Im done no later 60 days.

Ty

Bill

"Jumping" means that when people get to a certain level, after tapering down their benzo dose, they stop taking it altogether. So they "jump" off the benzo. This can have varying effects, depending on the type of taper they have done, or what dose they jump from.

Most people try to do this when their dose is as low as possible. Some like to "fade out" by cutting right down to zero mg.

Since I am at a bit over .25 of Xanax, I plan to be done by this time in April. I am both excited and nervous, but cant wait to say I am free! Good luck to you!

I m at 4.25 xanax. I hope to be close to being done in 3 ms but that will all depend on how my body reacts to the cuts. I know I would rather burn in hell than take a rescue dose so we ll just have to wait and see once I begin to taper again. Still holding from the surgery. Hoping to start again next week.

Done on June 5th - if I don't jump sooner.  I will be at .25 mg. of valium in 90 days and will stop completely.  Somedays I feel like making the jump now but will just follow the plan.......Getting my brain back 8)

Betterdays,

I feel like jumping too. Everyday! I keep thinking back to when I went from 6 mg to 5 mg before I knew what was going on and lookie here...I survived. It was hell, but I did it. But the last thing I want after all this pain is to do anything that might screw up the healing process so slow I go :thumbsup:

Hey Grinch; Me too...I have the inner dialogue pretty much everyday. Jump! No, don't jump! No, jump! No, don't jump! I feel like a slave to this crap and just want to pretend like..yeah, I could tough it out. When indeed I know better.  In a window is when I think to jump but the voice of reason always crashes the party.  Like you, I do not want to screw up the healing process and have years of suffering ::).

I'm not going to drag this out forever, but I am going to take my time.  I think 100 days will work for me to finish off the 2 mg of Valium.  The smart thing I did last week was decide to hold a while. 

I will be jumping in the next 6 weeks - finally. When I started this mess I had no idea I would still be tapering a year later, but 'VOILA' here I am.  I will be very glad when this is done, and I do not have any trepidation about the jump because I know that I did everything I could to make this a proper taper. To be free of this ball & chain will be great.

New moon; How are you doing w/ the 1 mg of Valium? Anything under 2.0 and things can get ugly for me. Now at 1.75 mg and having good and bad days. Good for you for getting to 1.0 mg.!

Hey Better days....the 1mg is fine...no problems at all for me. Sometimes I think that I could jump right now and be no worse off for it. I am aware that not everyone is the same, but for me I almost feel like i am off the benzos at this point.  We will see what happens after I jump. Fingers crossed.

"Jumping" means that when people get to a certain level, after tapering down their benzo dose, they stop taking it altogether. So they "jump" off the benzo. This can have varying effects, depending on the type of taper they have done, or what dose they jump from.

Most people try to do this when their dose is as low as possible. Some like to "fade out" by cutting right down to zero mg.

DP:

Where have you been all of my life?  :) Betsy

New moon; That's very encouraging that you are managing fairly well on the 1 mg. Best wishes to you when you make your last cut! :thumbsup:

[50...]

Hey Grinch; Me too...I have the inner dialogue pretty much everyday. Jump! No, don't jump! No, jump! No, don't jump! I feel like a slave to this crap and just want to pretend like..yeah, I could tough it out. When indeed I know better.  In a window is when I think to jump but the voice of reason always crashes the party.  Like you, I do not want to screw up the healing process and have years of suffering ::).

There is not a day that has gone by that I haven't thought about c/ting because it usually feels like I already am  :-\ but that tells me if I c/ted my brain would really be fried.

• 1 month later...

Bringing this topic back up again. Anyone going sky diving????? I am really thinking of it....Down to 1.25 of v. for 5 days now and feel worse after I take it. Feel pretty normal until I take my dose so I am thinking again...I promised myself I would go slow and steady and not make the same mistake I made 5 yrs. ago. Ended up going too fast and in protracted.

Is there a voice of reason out there? I have been making .25 mg cuts and holding for 3 weeks. Pdoc wants me to get down to .50 mg.

Bringing this topic back up again. Anyone going sky diving????? I am really thinking of it....Down to 1.25 of v. for 5 days now and feel worse after I take it. Feel pretty normal until I take my dose so I am thinking again...I promised myself I would go slow and steady and not make the same mistake I made 5 yrs. ago. Ended up going too fast and in protracted.

Is there a voice of reason out there? I have been making .25 mg cuts and holding for 3 weeks. Pdoc wants me to get down to .50 mg.

Listen to your Pdoc... they are not always wrong despite what we may think.

Thanks Oscar - that's what I needed to hear! I know better but the closer I get the more impatient I get.  I will put the parachute away for now :idiot:.

I've stopped Ambien and now stabilizing at 2x 7.5 Zopiclone. I'll start tapering 1/8 of a pill tomorrow night. I will be off within 40 days or so.