Author Topic: Who is planning to jump in next 90 days?  (Read 1418 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Who is planning to jump in next 90 days?
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 06:00:06 pm »
I will be jumping in the next 6 weeks - finally. When I started this mess I had no idea I would still be tapering a year later, but 'VOILA' here I am.  I will be very glad when this is done, and I do not have any trepidation about the jump because I know that I did everything I could to make this a proper taper. To be free of this ball & chain will be great.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 06:46:58 pm »
[...]; How are you doing w/ the 1 mg of Valium? Anything under 2.0 and things can get ugly for me. Now at 1.75 mg and having good and bad days. Good for you for getting to 1.0 mg.!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 12:14:45 am »
Hey Better days....the 1mg is fine...no problems at all for me. Sometimes I think that I could jump right now and be no worse off for it. I am aware that not everyone is the same, but for me I almost feel like i am off the benzos at this point.  We will see what happens after I jump. Fingers crossed.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 02:01:25 am »
"Jumping" means that when people get to a certain level, after tapering down their benzo dose, they stop taking it altogether. So they "jump" off the benzo. This can have varying effects, depending on the type of taper they have done, or what dose they jump from.

Most people try to do this when their dose is as low as possible. Some like to "fade out" by cutting right down to zero mg.

DP:

Where have you been all of my life?  :) [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 04:14:33 am »
[...]; That's very encouraging that you are managing fairly well on the 1 mg. Best wishes to you when you make your last cut! :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 08:31:12 am »
thanks [...]...there will be a fanfare for sure on that day.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 07:56:31 am »
Hey [...]; Me too...I have the inner dialogue pretty much everyday. Jump! No, don't jump! No, jump! No, don't jump! I feel like a slave to this crap and just want to pretend like..yeah, I could tough it out. When indeed I know better.  In a window is when I think to jump but the voice of reason always crashes the party.  Like you, I do not want to screw up the healing process and have years of suffering ::).

There is not a day that has gone by that I haven't thought about c/ting because it usually feels like I already am  :-\ but that tells me if I c/ted my brain would really be fried.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 06:13:15 pm »
Bringing this topic back up again. Anyone going sky diving????? I am really thinking of it....Down to 1.25 of v. for 5 days now and feel worse after I take it. Feel pretty normal until I take my dose so I am thinking again...I promised myself I would go slow and steady and not make the same mistake I made 5 yrs. ago. Ended up going too fast and in protracted.

Is there a voice of reason out there? I have been making .25 mg cuts and holding for 3 weeks. Pdoc wants me to get down to .50 mg.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 06:33:18 pm »
Bringing this topic back up again. Anyone going sky diving????? I am really thinking of it....Down to 1.25 of v. for 5 days now and feel worse after I take it. Feel pretty normal until I take my dose so I am thinking again...I promised myself I would go slow and steady and not make the same mistake I made 5 yrs. ago. Ended up going too fast and in protracted.

Is there a voice of reason out there? I have been making .25 mg cuts and holding for 3 weeks. Pdoc wants me to get down to .50 mg.

Listen to your Pdoc... they are not always wrong despite what we may think.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 06:36:24 pm »
Thanks [...] - that's what I needed to hear! I know better but the closer I get the more impatient I get.  I will put the parachute away for now :idiot:.