Weight loss won't stop...what do I do?? HELP!!

[So...]

What in the world is going on??

About a year ago, I weighed 200 pounds. I now way 124 pounds.

I lost the last 50 pounds since my c/t last August. I lost 5 pounds in the past month.

My diet is:

Breakfast: some boiled chicken (a few bites), then a piece of gluten free bread with real butter and Almond Butter with a drizzle if honey. A cup of decaf coffee with creamer.

Snack: big bowl of cinnamon and plain Rice Chex cereal, with Almond milk. A few potato chips, and a few bites of boiled chicken. And, sometimes some walnuts.

Lunch: a bowl of organic Vegetable Lentil soup, some potato chips, and a gluten free cookie.

Snack: rice cake with hummus and some potato chips, and a gluten free cookie. Or, some chicken, chips, olives, and a cookie. And, some walnuts.

Supper: 2 scrambled eggs, gluten free toast with real butter, olives, blueberries, chips, and cheese and crackers. Or, chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, olives, blueberries, and cheese and crackers.

So, what am I missing here?? I try to eat a lot of protein. And, some fat. I also eat red meat once a week.

140 pounds is a much healthier looking weight for me. I need to get back up there...soon!!

I found a recipe for gluten free pumpkin muffins, but it calls for two cups of sugar.  :-\

I try to keep my sugar intake under 25 grams per day. I don't think that I have had too much of a reaction to sugar...yet.

I also take 500 mg of Vitamin C after every meal, and 750 mg after supper. 200 mg Magnesium after supper. A orobiotic after supper. And, a small amount if Zinc after supper. And, 30 mg of COQ10 after each meal.

I have tried smoothies, and they didn't help. I have even tried baby food. And, protein shakes.

So, is sugar a big enemy??

What about some summer sausage??

Is anybody else going through a big weight loss that won't stop??

Any help would be appreciated. I have some major dental work coming up soon, and was hoping to put some weight on before then, since I won't be chewing well for about six weeks.

Thanks,

Nana  :smitten:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [So...]

• [ov...]

• [ak...]

• [ti...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Nana:

Have you actually determined want your total daily calorie intake is?  I know you said you were drinking protein shakes, but ones you get at the grocery store only have about 200 calories in them. if you go to a health food store, you can buy them with a lot more calories in them. I know you're scared, but just eat as much as you can. I personally have no problems eating about three candy bars a day, not including my snacks and meals. They don't rev up my system at all. I guess everyone is different. I have the opposite problem. I have gained 15 lbs since I began my taper in July. I'm hungry 24/7. I just ate dinner a half hour ago and I am ravished. So it's no more snacks and candy bars for me. I need to lose this weight. I would eat more fatten foods. Italian. Pizza.  Lots of cheese. Drink OJ in the am and pm.They also has calories in them. Instead of hummus. substitute it with Cream Cheese. I am not one for a no dairy intake. I just eat what I want, msg and gluten as well, and have no symptoms. I plan to starve myself until I lose this weight. Why not eat the terrific muffins that you can get at a bakery? Stuff yourself. I personally eat three bowls of Cheerios and two English muffin for breakfast. Plus a tall order of OJ. I plan to cut this down to one bowl of cereal and one English muffin. Can we please trade places? I hope this helps. Once you finish your taper, I am guessing that the weight will come back. Good luck to you Nana. Hugs, Betsy

I went from my normal 185 to under 170 in just a few weeks.    Only thru gorging in the evenings was I able to stem the weightloss.  I mean I had to start packing in food till it hurt...I was getting weak..even my fingertips were getting wrinkled.  It sounds obvious but...eat more...:)

Nana,  Hi.  I have previously withdrawn from lorazepam and I lost between 60 and 70 lbs.  I got down to about 98 lbs.  It was really scary.  I felt awful and looked like a walking skeleton.  I was gluten free and sugar free too at the time.  I got diagnosed with adrenal fatigue, and low thyroid.  Once those things were treated I started gaining weight.  Abot 3 months post taper I was at a good weight.  Can't remember now what it was but I remember I felt like.myself again.  This time withdrawing from temazepam I upped my treatment for adrenal.fatigue and I haventlost any weight.  By the way I am still gluten and sugar free.  Good luck!

Nana:

Have you actually determined want your total daily calorie intake is?  I know you said you were drinking protein shakes, but ones you get at the grocery store only have about 200 calories in them. if you go to a health food store, you can buy them with a lot more calories in them. I know you're scared, but just eat as much as you can. I personally have no problems eating about three candy bars a day, not including my snacks and meals. They don't rev up my system at all. I guess everyone is different. I have the opposite problem. I have gained 15 lbs since I began my taper in July. I'm hungry 24/7. I just ate dinner a half hour ago and I am ravished. So it's no more snacks and candy bars for me. I need to lose this weight. I would eat more fatten foods. Italian. Pizza.  Lots of cheese. Drink OJ in the am and pm.They also has calories in them. Instead of hummus. substitute it with Cream Cheese. I am not one for a no dairy intake. I just eat what I want, msg and gluten as well, and have no symptoms. I plan to starve myself until I lose this weight. Why not eat the terrific muffins that you can get at a bakery? Stuff yourself. I personally eat three bowls of Cheerios and two English muffin for breakfast. Plus a tall order of OJ. I plan to cut this down to one bowl of cereal and one English muffin. Can we please trade places? I hope this helps. Once you finish your taper, I am guessing that the weight will come back. Good luck to you Nana. Hugs, Betsy

Hello my friend!!

I know...I know!! I just need to eat.

I guess my fear of foods is still going strong. I have tried so hard to make myself eat different things. I even ate a Steak n Shake cheeseburger and fries yesterday!!

But, McDonalds doesn't agree with me right now.

I love my cookies that I found. Snickerdoodle!! My favorite!!

I am having a little tummy trouble now and then. I was hoping that going gluten free would help, but it hasn't.

I need to try some hot chocolate. I have been craving it!!

Thanks for your advice!!

Hugs,

I went from my normal 185 to under 170 in just a few weeks.    Only thru gorging in the evenings was I able to stem the weightloss.  I mean I had to start packing in food till it hurt...I was getting weak..even my fingertips were getting wrinkled.  It sounds obvious but...eat more...:)

Hey Jerry,

So, what are you eating?? Or, not eating??

Pizza? Cookies??

Yeah, I sometimes feel weak. I also wonder if not getting enough calories is what is giving my heart so many fits.

Thanks for telling me your story.

Hugs,

Nana,  Hi.  I have previously withdrawn from lorazepam and I lost between 60 and 70 lbs.  I got down to about 98 lbs.  It was really scary.  I felt awful and looked like a walking skeleton.  I was gluten free and sugar free too at the time.  I got diagnosed with adrenal fatigue, and low thyroid.  Once those things were treated I started gaining weight.  Abot 3 months post taper I was at a good weight.  Can't remember now what it was but I remember I felt like.myself again.  This time withdrawing from temazepam I upped my treatment for adrenal.fatigue and I haventlost any weight.  By the way I am still gluten and sugar free.  Good luck!

Hey Tired,

Oh yeah, I could be an extra on The Walking Dead show!!

What are you doing for the adrenal fatigue??

I am hypothyroid. You are supposed to put weight on with that, but I can't stop losing it. Weird!!

Hugs,

Anxiety and stress can cause incredible weight-loss.  Then this makes your body less able handle stress, because it is weakened.  I feel better now that I've gotten my weight back up closer to

Hi Nana,

It looks like you are not eating enough calories. I think you need to add carbs and fat. Try adding bread, pasta and Ice cream to your diet  I lost 40 lbs and felt like crap. I made smoothies with lots of berries, whole milk, yogurt, protein powder ( 2 scopes )  this would add up to 800 calories per serving. Then I would ice cream treats to bring up my calorie intake to 2000 a day. How that I am getting closer to finishing my taper, I have gain most of my weight back because I am hungry again.

Ice cream is a great comfort food and frozen yogurt also works. It is unfortunate that some of us get Benzobelley when withdrawing form these drugs.

Nana,  For my adrenal fatigue I am taking hydrocortisone low doses 3x a day.  I am also taking something called dr wilsons adrenal rebuilder.  It is called a glandular.  I am also supplementing with vitamin c and magnesium.  For my thyroid I am taking a natural thyroid hormone (prescription).  It is working for me.  I have hypothyroid too.  That didn't stop my night of the living dead impression either!  How is your blood pressure?  Mine was really low before I started treating the adrenals and thyroid.  It was around 92\60 most of the time.  It got lower.  I was dizzy, bu had chalked it up to withdrawal.  It was partly, but when my bp went up most of my dizzyness went away.  Good luck!

Nana:

Hello my friend!!

I know...I know!! I just need to eat.

I guess my fear of foods is still going strong. I have tried so hard to make myself eat different things. I even ate a Steak n Shake cheeseburger and fries yesterday!!

But, McDonalds doesn't agree with me right now.

I love my cookies that I found. Snickerdoodle!! My favorite!!

I am having a little tummy trouble now and then. I was hoping that going gluten free would help, but it hasn't.

I need to try some hot chocolate. I have been craving it!!

Thanks for your advice!!

Hugs,

Thanks for the reminder.  I forgot I have hot chocolate packets (the diet kind from Swiss Miss, because, unlike you, but like Benzogirly Girl, I have added a few unwanted lbs). 

I'm going to make hot chocolate right now at 3:30 a.m. California time, and will enjoy it to the fullest!

Hi Nana,

It looks like you are not eating enough calories. I think you need to add carbs and fat. Try adding bread, pasta and Ice cream to your diet  I lost 40 lbs and felt like crap. I made smoothies with lots of berries, whole milk, yogurt, protein powder ( 2 scopes )  this would add up to 800 calories per serving. Then I would ice cream treats to bring up my calorie intake to 2000 a day. How that I am getting closer to finishing my taper, I have gain most of my weight back because I am hungry again.

Ice cream is a great comfort food and frozen yogurt also works. It is unfortunate that some of us get Benzobelley when withdrawing form these drugs.

Thanks for the great advice!!

I guess I was just really worried about all of the sugar. Plus, I occasionally have problems with dairy. Not all of the time, but if I go a little too heavy on it.

Hugs,

Nana,  For my adrenal fatigue I am taking hydrocortisone low doses 3x a day.  I am also taking something called dr wilsons adrenal rebuilder.  It is called a glandular.  I am also supplementing with vitamin c and magnesium.  For my thyroid I am taking a natural thyroid hormone (prescription).  It is working for me.  I have hypothyroid too.  That didn't stop my night of the living dead impression either!  How is your blood pressure?  Mine was really low before I started treating the adrenals and thyroid.  It was around 92\60 most of the time.  It got lower.  I was dizzy, bu had chalked it up to withdrawal.  It was partly, but when my bp went up most of my dizzyness went away.  Good luck!

So, the hydrocortisone doesn't bother you??

My blood pressure runs about 110/70.

I had the crazy lower blood pressure and dizziness during my c/t. It is better now. I just get it every once in a while.

I take Vitamin C and a good sea salt for my adrenals. I have noticed a difference since doing this.

Hugs,

I too am continuing to lose weight. I have zero appetite, teeth hurt , mouth tastes like metallic and all these sweats have resulted in my 5'7" frame to drop below 120 lbs.  I found a great gluten free /vegan/whole foods plant based protein drink that I love. I mix it w/rice milk and a banana w/ ice.  My benzo brain can't remember the name of it.

Drinking my calories seems more palatable then eating.

So, the hydrocortisone doesn't bother you??

My blood pressure runs about 110/70.

I had the crazy lower blood pressure and dizziness during my c/t. It is better now. I just get it every once in a while.

I take Vitamin C and a good sea salt for my adrenals. I have noticed a difference since doing this.

Hugs,

I read that sea salt is high in glutamates.  Just letting you know.  I was very disappointed.

Really??  :-\

So far, I haven't had any trouble with it. So, maybe that is a good thing. I am using a really good Pink Himalayan Sea salt.

Hugs,

Nana,  The hydrocortisone dosage is really low, only 20-30mg a day spread out.  It doesn't bother me.  Thething that helps me the most is the adrenal rebuilder.  I felt better within 3 days of taking it. 

Hey, I checked out the Adrenal Rebuilder. It has Inositol in it. I tried Inositol a couple of times and had a reaction to it. Bummer!!  :-\

How do you stay sugar free?? By using a substitute??

Hugs,

I do have xylitol and I use it on cereal or in plain yogurt a couple of times a week.  There is a brand of macaroons that only has one gram of sugar per cookie.  I eat a cookie or two a week. I love coconut.

I just looked at your sig line. Wow!! You have really dropped your amount quickly. How are you doing??

Hugs,

I too have lost weight.  15 lbs in 3 months... maintaining now.  I weigh 95 lbs at 5'3".  I am 66 yrs old and had a body of a 40 yr old, 6 months ago, now I am a bag of bones.  In June I was doing dog sports and exercising every day.  This weight loss is scarey.  I am actually eating more now than I ate before.  Dang K w/d.... I am not allowed gluten, sugar or fructose or starch vegetables.  So drinking lots of raw milk with my homemade cocoa syrup sweetened with stevia.  I too have been using pink Himalayan salt.  This is crazy having to be so careful what one eats.  I am having problems with burning skin and keeping fluids down. 

I had lost a lot of weight from tapering hydrocodon (and c/t fentanyl) in 2012.

For me to gain back the weight I lost, I kept track of my calorie intake per day, and eventually bumped it up to 2500 calories per day, but I had to increase the calories gradually, not all at once.  Then I started to gain weight.  I also drank two "Ensures" per day, two of those were an extra 750 calories a day.

I wrote down everything I ate and drank along with the calories for each item.

Hang-in there, my friend.  :smitten:

I drink ensure also.  I lost a lot of weight last Dec but have gained

it all back plus 5lbs.  I ate  drank milkshakes.  Drank milk, I guess

anything you can tolerate.

Hey Bill,

Did you make your own milkshakes??

If so, let me know what you used in them. Ice cream, milk??

Hugs,

I had lost a lot of weight from tapering hydrocodon (and c/t fentanyl) in 2012.

For me to gain back the weight I lost, I kept track of my calorie intake per day, and eventually bumped it up to 2500 calories per day, but I had to increase the calories gradually, not all at once.  Then I started to gain weight.  I also drank two "Ensures" per day, two of those were an extra 750 calories a day.

I wrote down everything I ate and drank along with the calories for each item.

Hang-in there, my friend.  :smitten:

Hey Disneygirl,

I tried the Boost shakes, talk about a ton of sugar!!

Is the Ensure lower in sugar?? I will have to check those out.

I think that my calorie intake is around 1300-1500 per day. So, not enough.

Hugs,