Agoraphobia - How do you handle it?

[de...]

I have developed agoraphobia since the Xanax c/t.  One day able to drive and go pretty much where I wanted.  8/15/08 not able to leave house except with husband or daughter.  Good thing the grocery store delivers.  I did have one day where I went to the grocery with my husband and last Sunday we went for a short drive because the weather was very cloudy.  Light hurts my eyes and makes everything worse.  When did it go away for you if you had it?

T

I have developed agoraphobia since the Xanax c/t.  One day able to drive and go pretty much where I wanted.  8/15/08 not able to leave house except with husband or daughter.  Good thing the grocery store delivers.  I did have one day where I went to the grocery with my husband and last Sunday we went for a short drive because the weather was very cloudy.  Light hurts my eyes and makes everything worse.  When did it go away for you if you had it?

T

Toni,

I couldn't leave the house for almost a month during my thyroid issues! I'm fine now, back to driving, grocery shopping, etc.

T2 :smitten:

I suffered really bad with agoraphobia for about 3 months or so.  It is really hard to overcome but you can do it!!!  I forced myself to do little errands, go for a walk around the block, etc., etc.  I remember going to my daughter's school for something they had going on.  I tried so hard to talk my daughter out of making me go...LOL  I barely remember what even happened.  I was freaking out inside so bad...I couldn't pay attention to anything going on around me.  I also had to go to her parent/teacher conference.  That teacher probably thought I was a strange one!!

I'm totally over it now.  Can't even comprehend being "afraid" to go to the corner store.  But it was very very real for me back then.  I overcame it...and you will too!

Love,

Jen

I had it really bad when I was really freaked out from large cuts.  It gradually went away when I was more stable.  I didn't really have to do anything to get rid of it - though I did slowly expand my "territory"...