Author Topic: Menopause/Hormonal Support  (Read 110128 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Menopause/Hormonal Support
« Reply #1500 on: August 15, 2022, 06:23:07 pm »
Hi [...]
Thank you for messaging back.i am not a smoker.
Can you tell me more about the foods you mean please? I have no idea about tem. I would appreciate knowing that.
What are examples of gaba agonists?
Sorry to be so green and naive. I am getting awfully upset here that I cannot make progress.
Thank you MP
Thank you. I [...]understand why it is so difficult for me here. Are you cutting and holding at 1mg? For how long? Have you no symptoms?
Are you taking supplements as well?
That is good news. I am struggling. How big a cut did you do?
Hi [...]
I am not having bad symptoms, I just did a cut recently.
I will taper the progesterone capsule after the [...], and I look forward to being free from the need of a pharmacy.
I did a 1mg cut this time.
I'm quartering pills-it's a bit awkward.
I take 6.5mg twice a day, I will update my signature line.
I am taking supplements, I am trying to get a regime right.
I cut and hold.
I can't tell if I have symptoms as I take progesterone and my own body makes progesterone erratically.
Are you eating foods that inhibit or induce the CYP liver enzymes that metabolise [...]?
Are you taking any GABA agonists?
Are you smoking?
I am not accusing, I am just trying to find out what is wrong.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1501 on: August 15, 2022, 07:32:38 pm »
My heart goes out to you.
Are you sure it's the cuts that are making you feel bad?
I do not mean to invalidate you, I ask because I don't know.
We are all learning, you are not green and naive.
I got myself all stressed about this stuff and my diet was restricted, now I eat what I like.
It's probably not helping, but it's just so hassle restricting diet.
Feel free to message me privately and I will try my best to help.
I'm no scientist, but know that diazepam is metabolised by certain liver enzymes which start with CYP, one of the is CYP3A4, you can google the others.
Some foods or drinks or drugs or supplements keep [...] in the system longer as they are inhibitors of these enzymes.
Other foods  or drinks or drugs or supplements clear [...] out the system too quick as they are inducers.
It's too complicated for me, I know cruciferous veggies are inducers.
I don't want to worry you, as I got hung up on these things.
You can do a search and I will do my best to share what I know, which isn't as much as others.
A gaba agonist is anything that binds to the GABAA receptor, like Kava, for instance, or alcohol, or some drugs, st johns wort herb, there are others.
Hi [...]
Can you tell me more about the foods you mean please? I have no idea about tem. I would appreciate knowing that.
Sorry to be so green and naive. I am getting awfully upset here that I cannot make progress.
Thank you MP
Thank you. I [...]understand why it is so difficult for me here. Are you cutting and holding at 1mg? For how long? Have you no symptoms?
Hi [...]
I will taper the progesterone capsule after the [...], and I look forward to being free from the need of a pharmacy.
I cut and hold.
I can't tell if I have symptoms as I take progesterone and my own body makes progesterone erratically.
Are you eating foods that inhibit or induce the CYP liver enzymes that metabolise [...]?
Are you smoking?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1502 on: August 15, 2022, 07:43:40 pm »
Thank you [...].  I will message you. Thank you for your help
I got myself all stressed about this stuff and my diet was restricted, now I eat what I like.
I'm no scientist, but know that diazepam is metabolised by certain liver enzymes which start with CYP, one of the is CYP3A4, you can google the others.
Some foods or drinks or drugs or supplements keep [...] in the system longer as they are inhibitors of these enzymes.
Other foods  or drinks or drugs or supplements clear [...] out the system too quick as they are inducers.
You can do a search and I will do my best to share what I know, which isn't as much as others.
A gaba agonist is anything that binds to the GABAA receptor, like Kava, for instance, or alcohol, or some drugs, st johns wort herb, there are others.
Hi [...]
Thank you MP
Hi [...]
I cut and hold.
Are you smoking?

[Buddie]

« Reply #1503 on: August 15, 2022, 09:10:29 pm »
You're welcome.
I'd remove some of the [quotes] but it takes me ages, as I often mess it up.
I will look at your message now.
Thank you [...].  I will message you. Thank you for your help
Hi [...]
Thank you MP
Hi [...]
I cut and hold.
Are you smoking?

[Buddie]

« Reply #1504 on: August 25, 2022, 04:26:06 pm »
Asking here in case anyone picks this up and can advise....
I am considering reducing the synthetic progesterone patch by 1/4 (I take it 2 weeks a month) but I am very concerned about it. I was put on the patches by the GP during lock down to raise low mood and not as intended hrt. I also have a synthetic prog bc pill as well.
I feel that the fluctuating hormone patches may be stopping me from reducing my diazepam more smoothly.
I am looking to hear from people who have any ideas on this.
At the moment I am stuck in a low place and need to start to make a plan to try to progress again.
Thank you
MP

[Buddie]

« Reply #1505 on: August 25, 2022, 05:09:48 pm »
I am considering reducing the synthetic progesterone patch by 1/4 (I take it 2 weeks a month) but I am very concerned about it. I was put on the patches by the GP during lock down to raise low mood and not as intended hrt. I also have a synthetic prog bc pill as well.
I feel that the fluctuating hormone patches may be stopping me from reducing my diazepam more smoothly.
At the moment I am stuck in a low place and need to start to make a plan to try to progress again.
Thank you
MP
Hi, sorry you are in a low place.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1506 on: August 25, 2022, 05:26:57 pm »
Thank you
MP

Thanks [...]. Any suggestions on what to do?

[Buddie]

« Reply #1507 on: August 25, 2022, 07:21:29 pm »
Thank you
MP

Hi, can you remind me if you are also on oestrogen?
I need to know as taking oestrogen without progesterone when you have a womb can put you at risk of cancer.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1508 on: August 26, 2022, 06:53:01 am »
Thank you
MP

I need to know as taking oestrogen without progesterone when you have a womb can put you at risk of cancer.

Yes taking both
2 weeks of estrogen patches
2 weeks of progesterone/estrogen together

Thanks [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #1509 on: August 26, 2022, 08:54:52 am »
Thank you
MP

Yes taking both
2 weeks of estrogen patches
2 weeks of progesterone/estrogen together

Thanks [...]

I also have a pop (progesterone only) bc pill as well!