Author Topic: Menopause/Hormonal Support  (Read 110114 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Menopause/Hormonal Support
« Reply #1490 on: June 28, 2022, 01:16:56 am »
[...], I was just reading over your signature and am sorry for all they you have gone through and are continuing to deal with- you are indeed [...]! I am also so sorry about your mother's passing.

I went through menopause while coming off 8 drugs and I was in pure hell, too. My hotflashes alone could start fires and they were all the time- they would strike suddenly and take forever to die down, and then the cycle would start again. I am now about 5 years into this menopause and almost 5 years off Benzo (my last psych med) and I am not tortured anymore by fluctuating hormones or periods or any of that stuff. I feel better because of menopause. I think menopause will be welcome relief for you, but that is just my opinion. My only problem post-menopause is dryness but I have started using a product called Revaree (totally natural) to help with that. I hear about so many woman struggling with periods, hormone fluctuations, and how it exacerbates acute-like symptoms every month and that does sound like a hell like no other... menopause should bring welcome relief...but getting through 'peri' to 'meno' is a tough road! Hang on!

Thank you, Tater.
I am finding it hard to find anyone who gets this as bad as me. I hear about how it exacerbates symptoms of course and how it makes people feel horrible but I literally go through acute symptoms every month and when I get my periods every three weeks now, there is no stability.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1491 on: August 05, 2022, 05:31:25 pm »
[...], I was just thinking about you and the hrt. Are you still planning to get off progesterone?

I know you said you have liquid capsules. I was wondering if you could empty the capsule into another liquid like olive oil (for example - 10ml olive oil with one capsule) then taper it slowly using a liquid syringe) similar to liquid benzo tapering but with oil (since progesterone is usually in oil). Just a thought. I [...] you are doing well.
Yes, I am, once I get off the [...].
Thank you for the olive oil and capsules idea. If I could do it that way it would be good,
I wouldn't know how to get all of the white fluid out of the capsules, I opened one, that is how I know it is filled with white fluid. I'd have to get all of the fluid out of the capsule.
Also, I am not sure how I would dissolve the outer "case" for want of a better word.
I dissolved my [...] pill in milk, but I am not sure how that outer "case" would dissolve. It would be nice to think it would dissolve in olive oil, that would make life easier, I am not sure if it would though.
Thank you for thinking about me, it is lovely to know someone is thinking of me.
 :smitten:
I am on liquid filled capsules though, so I don't know, right now, how I am going to do it, as NHS England do not prescribe the cream, which is not licensed here in the UK.
Something crossed my mind late last night about using olive oil to increase the volume of fluid in the utrogestan caps.
Olive oil would increase the bioavailability of the utrogestan, in the same way food does, but I don't know by how much.
I would need to dissolve the fluid in the capsules using something that is not food, or something  that will not increase the bioavailability.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1492 on: August 12, 2022, 05:12:20 pm »
Hi all
I made a diazepam cut last Monday 1st August and I was doing great till Tuesday 9th August. It was a very small cut from 16mg to 15.75mg.
All my usual withdrawal symptoms have come rushing back in - no appetite, loss of sleep, no concentration, cant stop talking about myself, feelings of wanting to give up and not wanting to go outside. I cannot believe it as thought I was just doing a really small cut.
I also changed a progesterone patch.
Can you please advise?
a) how long is it normally till you feel a cut?
b) how do you talk yourself down from this high point of anxiety and doom?
Sorry and thank you MP
edit - date change
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 01:55:34 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #1493 on: August 12, 2022, 07:07:26 pm »
Hi all
I made a diazepam cut last Monday 8th August and I was doing great till Tuesday 9th August. It was a very small cut from 16mg to 15.75mg.
All my usual withdrawal symptoms have come rushing back in - no appetite, loss of sleep, no concentration, cant stop talking about myself, feelings of wanting to give up and not wanting to go outside. I cannot believe it as thought I was just doing a really small cut.
Can you please advise?
Sorry and thank you MP
Not to invalidate your suffering, it seems a short time for the diazepam cut to kick in.
I would be looking at the progesterone.
It can, apparently, be upto 3 weeks before a diazepam cut is felt.
Sorry to ask another question, what changes did you make to your progesterone, progesterone acts on GABAA also.
Can you look at natural non GABA sleep aids, check with your doctor if unsure.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1494 on: August 13, 2022, 01:21:28 am »
I usually feel the cut in week 2
I just meant I had gone from the oestrogen patch to the oestrogen and progesterone patch. I think the hrt is making my taper much harder.
I was offered melatonin 2 mg before but it did not work
Are you having any horrible reduction withdrawal symptoms?
Hi all
I made a diazepam cut last Monday 8th August and I was doing great till Tuesday 9th August. It was a very small cut from 16mg to 15.75mg.
Can you please advise?
Sorry and thank you MP
Not to invalidate your suffering, it seems a short time for the diazepam cut to kick in.
I would be looking at the progesterone.
It can, apparently, be upto 3 weeks before a diazepam cut is felt.
Sorry to ask another question, what changes did you make to your progesterone, progesterone acts on GABAA also.
Can you look at natural non GABA sleep aids, check with your doctor if unsure.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1495 on: August 13, 2022, 09:42:39 pm »
Hi [...]
I am not having bad symptoms, I just did a cut recently.
I will taper the progesterone capsule after the [...], and I look forward to being free from the need of a pharmacy.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1496 on: August 14, 2022, 03:41:31 am »
That is good news. I am struggling. How big a cut did you do?
Hi [...]
I will taper the progesterone capsule after the [...], and I look forward to being free from the need of a pharmacy.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1497 on: August 14, 2022, 09:39:46 am »
Hi [...]
I did a 1mg cut this time.
I'm quartering pills-it's a bit awkward.
I take 6.5mg twice a day, I will update my signature line.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1498 on: August 15, 2022, 08:06:46 am »
Thank you. I [...]understand why it is so difficult for me here. Are you cutting and holding at 1mg? For how long? Have you no symptoms?
Are you taking supplements as well?
Hi [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #1499 on: August 15, 2022, 05:50:27 pm »
Thank you. I [...]understand why it is so difficult for me here. Are you cutting and holding at 1mg? For how long? Have you no symptoms?
Are you taking supplements as well?
Hi [...]
I am taking supplements, I am trying to get a regime right.
I cut and hold.
I can't tell if I have symptoms as I take progesterone and my own body makes progesterone erratically.
Are you eating foods that inhibit or induce the CYP liver enzymes that metabolise [...]?
Are you taking any GABA agonists?
Are you smoking?
I am not accusing, I am just trying to find out what is wrong.