Author Topic: Menopause/Hormonal Support  (Read 107583 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Menopause/Hormonal Support
« Reply #1480 on: June 24, 2022, 07:43:18 pm »
I stopped it cold turkey, tried to reintroduce it last Friday,  then it lit up my entire central nervous system like a shockwave. Started vomiting instantly. Now I couldnít reintroduce it if I tried, but Iím in withdrawal and if feels very similar to benzo withdrawal. Tachycardia, insomnia, no appetite, inner tremors, myclonic jerks when I try & go to sleep, anxiety, just to name the a few of whatís happening to me. My mind is clear and normal, but my body is being hijacked. I canít relax or function. Itís ruined my life again.

Oh [...], I am so sorry you are going through that. It sounds to me like the progesterone definitely did this, like kindling your central nervous system, and only time will help this effect wear off. At least I think so. I don't know of any pill to take away the effect of what these pills have done to us. I [...] that your symptoms calm down soon- that is awful.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1481 on: June 24, 2022, 09:29:28 pm »
This may not be the right place for me to post, as my situation seems somewhat different from the most recent posts I have read on here.  I am a 75 year old who, until my [...] horror story began 27 months ago when I took my last 5 mg pill, was very healthy, swam every day through all seasons, had a lively social life, and could do everything on a daily basis that needed to be done, and happily so!  I have been having some great windows lately, with the odd wave crashing down periodically.  Lately, I have been having some GI issues, some abdominal bloating, and off and on nausea.  I had an abdominal and pelvic cat scan, and a CBC last week and all was normal.  However, one of my rotating OBGYNís, who at first thought I had a bacterial infection in my abdomen and female parts, put me on an antibiotic which at first seemed to make me feel better.  Then my main OBGYN decided that I needed a pelvic sonogram which I had yesterday.  I had a call today from the OBGYN who said that the scan showed a thickening in the uterine wall, and I should come back in to the office on July 5th, and she will decide as to whether I need a biopsy.  Has anyone else had the same diagnosis and, if so, what was the outcome?

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Healing thoughts for all!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1482 on: June 24, 2022, 09:46:07 pm »
Garden,
Are you taking any hormones?

[Buddie]

« Reply #1483 on: June 24, 2022, 09:54:51 pm »
No, havenít taken any hormones in years!

Thanks,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #1484 on: June 24, 2022, 10:58:20 pm »
[...], I donít have any experience with that but I [...] others might chime in here, if they know anything or anyone who does.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1485 on: June 24, 2022, 11:27:55 pm »
Thanks, [...]!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #1486 on: June 27, 2022, 03:37:01 pm »
I stopped it cold turkey, tried to reintroduce it last Friday,  then it lit up my entire central nervous system like a shockwave. Started vomiting instantly. Now I couldnít reintroduce it if I tried, but Iím in withdrawal and if feels very similar to benzo withdrawal. Tachycardia, insomnia, no appetite, inner tremors, myclonic jerks when I try & go to sleep, anxiety, just to name the a few of whatís happening to me. My mind is clear and normal, but my body is being hijacked. I canít relax or function. Itís ruined my life again.

Oh [...], I am so sorry you are going through that. It sounds to me like the progesterone definitely did this, like kindling your central nervous system, and only time will help this effect wear off. At least I think so. I don't know of any pill to take away the effect of what these pills have done to us. I [...] that your symptoms calm down soon- that is awful.

Iím not doing well. Iíve been taking remeron to help with the withdrawal off of my hormone replacement cold turkey. Iíd like to go back on hrt to stabilize. Do you think this is possible now? Or is progesterone just like a benzo in that there will be a tolerance built up and Ií[...] have to find the right dose of it to stabilize without going into withdrawal again? Does anyone know?

[Buddie]

« Reply #1487 on: June 27, 2022, 05:16:58 pm »
I am sorry I do not know the answer but wanted you to know I am thinking of you. Hopefully someone can share their knowledge. Take care.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1488 on: June 27, 2022, 08:38:57 pm »
Gosh, ladies. This is terrifying to read.
I am almost 49 and in perimenopause. I don't know how far into the process I am in, but I know it's been at least two years. My irregular periods have me going into acute withdraws every single month. It is torture. I am almost 3.5 years off and I never thought I'd have to feel acute stuff again.

My question is....once this is over and I am in menopause, will I be feeling better or worse? It literally terrifies me all the time to think about. I would think it would be better because there are no dips and fluctuations and such. But then, in menopause, all the hormones are low.

And obviously, I can't take hormones. I know my mom went through peri for 10 whole years and had a horrific time. She passed away from cancer during my acute and so I can't even ask her. I'm hoping that is not me because I can't keep doing this. I don't know why my hormones cause me to feel acute all over again but it is unbearable.

Anything hopeful or encouraging for me???

[Buddie]

« Reply #1489 on: June 27, 2022, 11:42:46 pm »
[...], I was just reading over your signature and am sorry for all they you have gone through and are continuing to deal with- you are indeed [...]! I am also so sorry about your mother's passing.

I went through menopause while coming off 8 drugs and I was in pure hell, too. My hotflashes alone could start fires and they were all the time- they would strike suddenly and take forever to die down, and then the cycle would start again. I am now about 5 years into this menopause and almost 5 years off Benzo (my last psych med) and I am not tortured anymore by fluctuating hormones or periods or any of that stuff. I feel better because of menopause. I think menopause will be welcome relief for you, but that is just my opinion. My only problem post-menopause is dryness but I have started using a product called Revaree (totally natural) to help with that. I hear about so many woman struggling with periods, hormone fluctuations, and how it exacerbates acute-like symptoms every month and that does sound like a hell like no other... menopause should bring welcome relief...but getting through 'peri' to 'meno' is a tough road! Hang on!