Author Topic: Menopause/Hormonal Support  (Read 105366 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Menopause/Hormonal Support
« Reply #1460 on: February 20, 2022, 08:37:52 pm »
Hi everyone. I am really struggling w hormone fluctuations along with [...]. I was doing pretty well at 19 months post taper and then had a medication induced setback and with the setback came extreme issues around my cycle. Iím 48 and perimenopausal. Iíve had my best windows when Iíve skipped a period but the waves are also so random Iíve tried to chart them and they can come before a period or typically a few days after my period. Itís all so random and confusing but the waves can be so debilitating leaving me completely exhausted bedbound and with so many acute like symptoms. I donít know if thereís anything that can be done other than continue to wait for healing. Before setback my hormones seemed pretty good I ceased having windows and waves for a few months (I felt pretty healed) and even then they didnít seem related to my period. Would love any thoughts! Thanks,

You are not alone.
I am 48 and in perimenopause too. Three years off as well. Periods started coming every three weeks for me after xanax CT. Heavy, heavy and horrible. My symptoms could be brutal either before, during, or after my period. Then at 2.5 years off, I had stabilized and I had two normal length periods but still same symptoms. Two months ago, I had a period that came on day 20 and then another two weeks after and I was literally bedbound and acute for SIX SOLID WEEKS until 3 weeks ago. Just had another period after not having one for 2 months. Perimenopause in this SUCKS.

I kept my fingers crossed that I was done once and for all but I guess not. It just goes on and on and on.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1461 on: February 25, 2022, 09:09:58 pm »
HI guys,

Any suggestions for safe topicals for vaginal dryness?  I am perimenopausal and also just started swimming again and between the two -- the dryness and irritation is tough.  my doc knows I don't want scripts or creams with a bunch of stuff in them - she mentioned just using vitamin E oil - like opening up a softgel and just applying it topically ---

do ya'[...] know if we do well with vitamin E?  I am trying to stay clear from anything that could cause a yeast infection -- like I have heard some people talk about using coconut oil while others say it has caused a yeast issue...

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1462 on: February 25, 2022, 09:13:12 pm »
I am super sensitive to everything and I can use Revaree from Bonafide.

https://hellobonafide.com/products/revaree

[Buddie]

« Reply #1463 on: March 03, 2022, 10:24:26 am »
Anyone taking combi HRT and can help here please.
I am trying to find a solution.
Finally started to taper again from 11.5mg V and all seemed to be going well. I tapered 0.25mg every 3 weeks cut and hold.
However at the end of the 6 weeks I have had a horrendous crash - I did have some stressors but I also started on the 14 days of the progesterone patch.
Did the progesterone patch help set me off in this tailspin? It feels like a benzo withdrawal so not sure exactly what has happened. Sitting tight just now but so worried I cannot lift back up.
Advice appreciated please

[Buddie]

« Reply #1464 on: March 25, 2022, 06:20:53 pm »
Hi all. I am new here. It appears I'm not alone.

Here is my story for what it's worth. I was experiencing perimenopause symptoms in 2017 due to major stress factors. Then in 2019 I endured an emotional storm - the crash in hormones sent my emotions down a terrible spiral triggering recurring emotional flashbacks from childhood trauma. I could not get "up" from the spiral. I couldn't sleep at all. It was a terrible time. And my doctors weren't sympathetic, even though this is in my family (all the women in my family have been emotional wrecks from menopause. After going to ER one night they put me on Clonazepam 1mg and Ambien 10 mg at night just to get me to sleep. And it worked very well and I stopped the Ambien after a week but I probably should've been off the Clonazepam too.as soon as I started feeling like "me" again. Instead I stayed on the Clonazepam not knowing the dangers. After some counseling and getting on HRT I thought I was in a good place and I decided to taper off the Clonazepam. I had wicked withdrawals but fortunately they only would last a few days. I tapered completely off Clonazepam in early January. Then I had a moment of high stress about a month ago and all my PTSD came back with a vengeance. But I noticed some of my symptoms were similar to an estrogen crash. So I recently asked for a higher dose, which has helped. I realize there is a lot of information out there but its been very hard for me to concentrate lately. I will have to look at it once I feel better. The good news is I'm feeling a bit more "myself" each day. The windows of gratitude and happiness are getting wider.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1465 on: April 18, 2022, 11:52:49 pm »
Iím so relieved to have found this thread. I thought I was going crazy. Iím in oerimenopause and my withdrawal symptoms ramp up before and during my period. Increased pain, panic, insomnia, etc. I didnít make the connection right away. My period came a week after my first cut and I was the most miserable Iíve been yet. Hormones are a beast.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1466 on: June 16, 2022, 05:49:49 pm »
Anyone stop HRT during their taper?

[Buddie]

Progesterone cream and hrt withdrawal
« Reply #1467 on: June 17, 2022, 08:30:14 pm »
Hello,

I never thought Iíd be back here, but I am. I believe Iím in progesterone cream withdrawal, or overload. I started hrt 7 months ago out of desperation for menopause treatment. Everything was working fine, until a few weeks ago. I started having some symptoms of hyper vigilance, and inner tremors. I was also extremely sensitive to every stressor. I lost my son in February, and found out new information surrounding his death in May. I was extremely distraught and suffered trauma. It seemed like things started changing then. My doctor wasnít available to guide me. I spoke to my compounding pharmacist, and he said Iíd be fine stopping everything. I wasnít. Iíve been suffering through severe insomnia, not eating, sensitive to light and sound, fear, heart pounding, extreme anxiety, and shaking. 
I had stopped the therapy for 2 days, then out of desperation used my cream thinking Iíd be okay. I would go back on, take the oral progesterone at the right dose and taper later like most women do.
I used the cream this morning, after taking other supplements to help, taurin, l theanine, ashwaganda, magnesium, cbd. I used the usual dosage and I felt a surge go through my entire nervous system. I got sick right away. Throwing up, bowel movements, extreme anxiety, adrenaline surges. Iím at the ER now, knowing they canít do anything for me. Iím angry and so upset with myself and the doctor who assured me when I started that I would be okay on hrt. I told her about my whole benzo withdrawal.
Iím feeling better now, calm with some inner tremors. I was in a full panic earlier. Iím not sure what to do. Iím waiting to hear from my gynoís office. I canít endure this again. I just canít. I donít know how I should proceed. Iím terrified.

Lalani

[Buddie]

« Reply #1468 on: June 18, 2022, 02:04:57 pm »
Are you taking oral and creme progesterone?

[Buddie]

« Reply #1469 on: June 18, 2022, 02:29:02 pm »
Patches for me are both estrogen and estrogen/progesterone
Are you taking oral and creme progesterone?