Author Topic: Menopause/Hormonal Support  (Read 94996 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Menopause/Hormonal Support
« Reply #1450 on: October 01, 2021, 02:23:23 pm »
Hi all. So I believe my best friend is going through menopause. I don't know the difference between pre menopause and menopause but I believe she's going through one of them. She was admitted to the hospital because she won't stop bleeding and they said they believe it has to do with hormones and sent her home. She bleeds all the time -heavy and spotting. It doesn't go away. And I believe the bleeding is what is making  her withdrawal symptoms SO SEVERE. And she said she won't take hormones during withdrawal because everyone says we can't because that will make us worse so she's not doing anything for it. She's just hanging on for dear life with the severe symptoms,  bleeding and now she's ready to die and thinks she's dying from the blood loss. What do y'all think? Thanks so much.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1451 on: October 08, 2021, 03:58:25 am »
Hi everyone. I am really struggling w hormone fluctuations along with [...]. I was doing pretty well at 19 months post taper and then had a medication induced setback and with the setback came extreme issues around my cycle. Iím 48 and perimenopausal. Iíve had my best windows when Iíve skipped a period but the waves are also so random Iíve tried to chart them and they can come before a period or typically a few days after my period. Itís all so random and confusing but the waves can be so debilitating leaving me completely exhausted bedbound and with so many acute like symptoms. I donít know if thereís anything that can be done other than continue to wait for healing. Before setback my hormones seemed pretty good I ceased having windows and waves for a few months (I felt pretty healed) and even then they didnít seem related to my period. Would love any thoughts! Thanks,
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1452 on: October 08, 2021, 12:35:27 pm »
It does seem like hormone fluctuations can exacerbate symptoms. I went through perimenopause as I was withdrawing off anti-depressants, and it was absolute hell, but I kept trudging through. Then I went through Klonopin withdrawal and that was/is level beyond hell. I am still suffering. I am now post-menopausal for a few years, and am mostly through horrible menopausal symptoms coupled with benzo withdrawal. I can't believe I survived going through both things a the same time. My doctor thinks my severe withdrawals actually brought menopause on earlier because of the severity.

The withdrawals created chemical sensitivity, so I can not get hormonal support either or they will send me into horrible waves of symptoms. Overall, it think its best to stay away from hormone support right now until you feel more stabilized, if thats something you wish to do.

I wish I had advice or a vast repertoire of hormone knowledge to impart, but I think just hanging in there is the best course. Our female bodies are extremely sensitive to hormone fluctuations, and they affect neurotransmitters, so it only makes sense that benzo withdrawal symptoms could get activated. Hopefully, your brain will heal more as you step into menopause. There are some wonderful advantages to menopause...

[Buddie]

« Reply #1453 on: November 01, 2021, 10:16:17 pm »
Thanks [...] sorry for late reply.  I am now in a window and my period is 9 days late.  I wish I did not to have to deal with hormones and the effects it's having on my [...] symptoms and would gladly take menopause! I am 3 years off and 48 I [...] this doesn't take years and years longer of peri!

[Buddie]

« Reply #1454 on: November 02, 2021, 02:28:49 am »
This is probably peri and could take a little while. Menopause definably has its benefits! I am 48 years old now too!