Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[f8...]

[f8...]

Hi Ingrid, welcome!

I agree with Etown. Take the full equivalent of Valium. And if you feel too sedated, you can always go back just a bit.

And the sedation is normal and will wear off. For most people after a week, sometimes a bit longer.

The tiredness I would not worry about for now. That is the Valium.

Did you experience Wd symptoms before this?

Just keep posting here on how you feel and people will help you out with suggestions and advice.

I went to Valium from ativan in two weeks. The reason it takes longer for other people, is exactly that: we took our doses spread out over the day. And so more doses to cross.

You are getting more Valium at once, so it should cover you too.

If it doesn't, post, post, post!

Sounds like you're on your way!

I know: it's exciting and scary at the same time. I was happy to cross over, due to bad Wd symptoms on Ativan. But it's also scary to change, because you don't know how you will do.

Sounds like things are working out and the V is doing its work!

Take care

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ingrid - I would post new symptoms right here if they present themselves. Giving you a list of may be symptoms will not be productive because you may never get them.

Hang around you'll be taken care of. :thumbsup:

I would also go here http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96753.0 and get familiar with this group of people. When you are done c/o you can go here for tapering support and also stay here to support new people during their c/o :thumbsup:

etown

[f8...]

Hi Ingrid - I would post new symptoms right here if they present themselves. Giving you a list of may be symptoms will not be productive because you may never get them.

Hang around you'll be taken care of. :thumbsup:

I would also go here http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96753.0 and get familiar with this group of people. When you are done c/o you can go here for tapering support and also stay here to support new people during their c/o :thumbsup:

etown

Yep! That's why I asked if you bad Wd symptoms before...

Just post and we will help. No need to worry about things you don't have. But more than happy to explain if you do.

as Im lowering the klonopin, and raising the valium, what might I feel that would tell me I need to change the ratio, etc?[/b]

Hi Ingrid, I read all your posts and you're doing great! If you run into a bump in the road, we'll be here to help ... but it sounds like you are right on track.

W/d symptoms can take so many different forms, both psychological and physical. Etown is right, there would be no point in trying to list them all. I say just listen closely to your body and your intuition. If you find you need to slow it down a bit, there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Otherwise, just stay the course and sail on through!

Best, Human

[76...]
Hi all! Im doing better today, less sedation. I have an on/off spacy feeling, not too bad tho. Like my brain knows something's diff, but it will accept the change! It will be 1 week on 5mg valium and .25mg klonopin on Thurs, I added a day since I gave up one day and didn't take the valium. So, if Im feeling good on Friday, I wonder if I should do 1/2 the .25mg klon and add 2.50mg to the valium, or just ditch klon and go full throttle on 10 mg valium?

Ingrid - You are doing so good I would ditch the K and go full out for the Valium. It will get you tapering a little sooner. I would hold 2-4 weeks to get the Valium built up real good before you start tapering. You can always dip back a bit if you need to.

Good luck

etown

[76...]
I am leaning toward that etown. Once Im over to valium, and on it say, 4 weeks, do you think it best to start taper right away rather than lingering on it another 4 weeks? Reason I ask is, Im going on a cruise 4/26/14 for 6 days. I don't want to be on a taper when Im on the high seas, which can lead to nausea in me sometimes, and I certainly don't want to feel like crap! I just wonder if the eventual taper will be more difficult if I stay on the 10mg valium too long? Thanks for ur input.

My issue - I am in tolerance withdrawal on klonopin and can't get off of it - I have had failed tapers and had to up dose because I was so ill.  Now the up dose is not helping and I have to get off of this poison - I stabilized very briefly and have had withdrawal for months on the Klonopin.  I gave up and just started a cross over to Valium last week - I am still having bad symptoms in the AM (fine at night) so rather than waiting the full week to add more Valium my doctor wants me to add an additional 5 mg of Valium to my night time dose so I will be taking 10 mg plus .125 K in the PM and K the rest of the 3 doses in the AM, afternoon and a 6 PM.  Her theory is that I am still suffering so do a quicker cross over to the Valium to try and not get my stomach/anxiety issues all AM and now into the PM.  I think it is not Ashton's theory but the other doctor - who said go faster otherwise you are drawing out your symptoms.  I am terrified by Klonopin is clearly not working for me anymore - nor is what I am on now - any help appreciated.  I feel like the Klonopin is poison to me now - but I am afraid of a fast cross over to Valium.  I have work this Friday but my doctor wants me to start the new dose tonight - Wednesday.  Help!!

Kgirl - 1.375mg of K = 27.5 mg of Valium. I think at that high of a dose the Valium will cover the symptoms in my opinion. It will take a few weeks for the Valium to build up in your system so it may be a rougher 2 weeks and then things should settle down.

etown

[f8...]

I agree.

And I think you're referring to Pert Schedule, the quicker way to cross over.

It does take time to get the V build up in your body. But when you add the 5 V your doctor advices, your symptoms might be covered enoug for now.

Hang in there And keep,posting!

I will I guess it doesn't hurt to try it since I am miserable now anyway from s/x.  Thank heavens for this forum no one else seems to understand.  When I am  up and functioning I'd like to start a support group actually going to visit people going through this since I think being with other people helps because just some days you just can't seem to get out the door. 

[f8...]

That is a wonderful idea. I understand the feeling of wanting do do so ething for the people who suffer so.

I wonder how you will find these  people though?

Yes, nobody who has not go through this, will understand fully. They can support your choices and be there for you, but it's a lonely thing to do, no matter who is with you.

And then.....there is all of us!

How much Valium are you on right now then? I'm sure ifs in your sig but I'm out of it today.

Hang in there. We're all right here! :smitten:

I am 5 mg at night going to 10 mg tonight with .125 of Klonopin for my night dose - just switched to valium end of last week so not 7 days on Valium yet that is what has me worried but doctor says Klonopin isn't working  for me so try to switch she is hoping the Valium takes away the anxiety and stomach issues which have been with me on Klonopin dose and have not gone away with the 5 mg switch to Valium. 

[f8...]

Are you getting ANY relief from the Valium, though?

Most of my anxiety was gone after the first week and so did my stomach trouble. The Ativan was so bad for me.

I am not sure myself today: probably have to do an updose after all, since I've been pretty miserable since last night. So, we will have to figure out how our bodies do and what Wd xs we are left with and go from there!

Great that your doctor gets this thoug. Mine didn't want to give me Valium. Had to go doctor shopping.

[76...]
Decided to go down to 1/2 the .25mg klon (.625mg?) and upped valium to 7.5mg. I was too nervous to ditch klon totally on Friday. I feel floaty, spacey again. I wonder how I will feel by 4 today?

ingrid,

Glad to hear your cross over is going well for you! I am crossing over now too, and sleep well too. As a matter of fact my kids were up because the winds were really bad the other night and I heard nothing. I liked it!  :)  Keep going!

Lynnie

[76...]

Does anyone else do this?:

I listen to Katy Perry "Roar" & I tell the klonopin "ur gonna hear me roar!!" "U held me down, but I got up!" This gets me feeling like I can be fine, no matter what and that new song "Happy" by Pharrell "I feel happy...".