Author Topic: Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread  (Read 68076 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 01:02:27 pm »
So,when I get to stopping the klonopin, I go up to 10mg on valium to cover that right? And it's not too fast to be completely on valium in 2 weeks? I know the valium is already covering the klon because when I tried dry cutting the klon, I couldn't bare it after 2 days of just cutting a crumb off, and now Ive gone down by 1/2! It's exciting and scary at the same time. Like when ur about to go up and over that huge climb on a roller coaster!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 01:23:34 pm »
[...] - yeah I've had that feeling. 2 weeks is too fast for some but it sounds like the Valium is covering the K quickly for you. Try it, you can always back up a bit if needed. I would really like to hear your story and see a signature at the bottom of your post to see where you are at in case its "help you time".
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 01:35:35 pm »
Ok, so each time I make a change, I record it in my signature and the date? Thanks for ur help!

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 01:42:04 pm »
Yes [...] that sounds good. Looks like you are on the right track
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 01:43:28 pm »
oh, just wondered, what should I be looking out for to tell me that I should take more valium or change something? I know that maybe feeling tired a little dizzy wont mean I need more valium, but as Im lowering the klonopin, and raising the valium, what might I feel that would tell me I need to change the ratio, etc?

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 04:19:14 pm »
Hi [...], welcome!
I agree with [...]. Take the full equivalent of Valium. And if you feel too sedated, you can always go back just a bit.
And the sedation is normal and will wear off. For most people after a week, sometimes a bit longer.

The tiredness I would not worry about for now. That is the Valium.
Did you experience Wd symptoms before this?

Just keep posting here on how you feel and people will help you out with suggestions and advice.
I went to Valium from ativan in two weeks. The reason it takes longer for other people, is exactly that: we took our doses spread out over the day. And so more doses to cross.
You are getting more Valium at once, so it should cover you too.
If it doesn't, post, post, post!
Sounds like you're on your way!

I know: it's exciting and scary at the same time. I was happy to cross over, due to bad Wd symptoms on Ativan. But it's also scary to change, because you don't know how you will do.
Sounds like things are working out and the V is doing its work!

Take care

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 04:19:25 pm »
Hi [...] - I would post new symptoms right here if they present themselves. Giving you a list of may be symptoms will not be productive because you may never get them.
Hang around you'll be taken care of. :thumbsup:
I would also go here http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96753.0 and get familiar with this group of people. When you are done c/o you can go here for tapering support and also stay here to support new people during their c/o :thumbsup:
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 04:22:04 pm »
Hi [...] - I would post new symptoms right here if they present themselves. Giving you a list of may be symptoms will not be productive because you may never get them.
Hang around you'll be taken care of. :thumbsup:
I would also go here http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96753.0 and get familiar with this group of people. When you are done c/o you can go here for tapering support and also stay here to support new people during their c/o :thumbsup:
[...]

Yep! That's why I asked if you bad Wd symptoms before...
Just post and we will help. No need to worry about things you don't have. But more than happy to explain if you do.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 04:26:03 pm »
Thanks! It's great to have support!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 04:26:40 pm »
You have no idea [...]! :)
[...]