Author Topic: Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread  (Read 68078 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread
« Reply #1390 on: September 19, 2020, 12:29:25 am »
Hi everyone, I [...] to get to know you all better because I'll be in this thread a lot.   I took ALprazolam for 2 months and CT (almost died).  Found a doctor to put me on 20 mg of Diazapam (no not really a cross over).   Most of my symptoms went away except for underlying anxiety (waxas and wanes).  I also have this weird Pots thing. I will not be going as fast as the ashton manual for sure: Here is my question:

I'm on 18 MG     4 am    4 1:30 pm  10 at night 
Heather Ashton cuts the am out first, then the afternoon second and leaves the evening dose to be cut last   

What are your thoughts on this?  I do sleep like a baby at night. But is it better to have even doses throughout the day?  Thanks for your thoughts on this. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1391 on: September 19, 2020, 01:10:10 am »
Hi everyone, I [...] to get to know you all better because I'll be in this thread a lot.   I took ALprazolam for 2 months and CT (almost died).  Found a doctor to put me on 20 mg of Diazapam (no not really a cross over).   Most of my symptoms went away except for underlying anxiety (waxas and wanes).  I also have this weird Pots thing. I will not be going as fast as the ashton manual for sure: Here is my question:

I'm on 18 MG     4 am    4 1:30 pm  10 at night 
Heather Ashton cuts the am out first, then the afternoon second and leaves the evening dose to be cut last   

What are your thoughts on this?  I do sleep like a baby at night. But is it better to have even doses throughout the day?  Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Valium has a long half-life so most people donít need to dose 3x a day unless theyíre an ultra-rapid metabolizer (genetic testing is required to know this for sure). Most people are fine with once daily. I dose twice daily personally. During my taper last year I followed Ashtonís suggestion and cut the morning dose out first and did pretty well. If I were you I would cut the 4 am dose first or split it and include it in your other two doses and start tapering those.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1392 on: September 19, 2020, 11:56:47 am »
Hey [...], the one good thing about Valium is the long half life.  I certainly wouldn't be waking myself up to take a dose.  Are you?  I took 3 doses until I got down in the 8's.   Sleeping good was great.   So it really depends on you.  What makes you feel best?  I started on the afternoon dose because I wanted the morning dose to keep my anxiety down, and the evening dose to sleep.   So I cut the afternoon dose , I don't remember how many cuts I made now to get rid of it.   Take your time, pay attention to your symptoms, don't let your taper outrun those symptoms.  Keep them as tolerable as you can  ;)
Good luck!!   [...] 🙋🏼🙋🏼

[Buddie]

« Reply #1393 on: September 19, 2020, 08:24:54 pm »
Thanks so much for the replies.  I think I will keep my am dose and cut my afternoon dose and keep my evening dose.  I think the sleeping is helping with the healing.   Keep in mine I totally just started this but I've been keeping a journal:
-I cut
-days7-9 are bad
-today is day 14 and feeling so much better   

I think I will cut every three weeks instead of every two weeks.  I want to feel just good enough to cut to the next level.   and I"m doing 5% instead of 10%. 

Can I ask you all another question: When you were at the higher doses  14-20 mg.  Did you do more of a cut and hold. Or did you microtaper the entire time.  I bought everything to microtaper just in case 

[Buddie]

« Reply #1394 on: September 19, 2020, 08:31:25 pm »
Thanks so much for the replies.  I think I will keep my am dose and cut my afternoon dose and keep my evening dose.  I think the sleeping is helping with the healing.   Keep in mine I totally just started this but I've been keeping a journal:
-I cut
-days7-9 are bad

I think I will cut every three weeks instead of every two weeks.  I want to feel just good enough to cut to the next level.   and I"m doing 5% instead of 10%. 

Can I ask you all another question: When you were at the higher doses  14-20 mg.  Did you do more of a cut and hold. Or did you microtaper the entire time.  I bought everything to microtaper just in case

Then I was cutting and holding, wish I had been using Liquid Diazapam, like I am now.  So much easier, and you can easily take smaller doses when it's time.  Sounds like you have a good plan.  Keep in mind , you can stretch that out or lower your cut, or hold at anytime, if you begin to be more symptomatic  ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #1395 on: September 19, 2020, 08:45:07 pm »
-I cut
-days7-9 are bad

Diazepamís metabolites have a half-life of around 8 days I believe, so you having symptoms then makes sense. At the higher doses I did cut & hold, microtapering isnít really necessary until the lower doses with diazepam. I switched to a microtaper around 8 mg.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1396 on: September 28, 2020, 10:57:41 pm »
Scorpio,

I came across your post because I was searching iron infusions.
Since coming off benzos, I have extremely low iron and B12 but am nervous to take either. My hematologist is suggesting iron infusions and I am really scared. Have you had any bad reactions to them while in the midst of all of this suffering? Thank you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1397 on: October 11, 2020, 07:54:26 am »
No bad reactions. It's a must. It helps so much. Please get one. Your low levels will make you feel worse.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1398 on: October 12, 2020, 11:10:20 am »
Hey Breck!
Iíd like to ask some help, because Iíve red your posts and your signiture. I Ďve did a Ct accidentally (because of my doctor) the last summer of 1 mg Klonopin and tried to reinstate 1,75 mg. I couldnít stabilize, so Iíve crossed over 0,25 mg K to 5 mg Valium. It was a bit better, so I started to taper. I was never stable, but Iím near to 0,5 mg Klonopin and on 5 mg Valium now.
I Ďve hit a wall and want to change something. Iíve red, that you have hold, then updosed, then hold again. Your next post was much more later, when you have switched to Valium. I just would like to know, that what happened after the updose. Have you stabilized? Why have you decided to CO ? I have to make some decisions: CO back to Klonopin, make a long hold and try to stabilize or continue the CO to Valium. Iím afraid of trying everything, because the last year was terrible. What is your advice?
Thank you
EnikŲ

Apparently I'm an "get off this stuff ASAP guy", thus all of last year wasn't pleasant.  By going too fast last year, it threw me into a 6 month stalemate until stabilizing.  By crossing over to V, in general I feel better, the cuts aren't as harsh (as K). However even diazepam doesn't come without challenges. Slowing down certainly is a better idea than spending several months holding on one dose (again).
I appreciate everyone's input. You guys are great !
Breck

[Buddie]

« Reply #1399 on: October 12, 2020, 11:22:14 am »
Hey everybody!
Iím in trouble and Iíd like to get some help.
I Ďve did a Ct accidentally (because of my doctor) the last summer of 1 mg Klonopin and tried to reinstate 1,75 mg. I couldnít stabilize, so Iíve crossed over 0,25 mg K to 5 mg Valium. It was a bit better, so I started to taper. I was never stable, but Iím near to 0,5 mg Klonopin and on 5 mg Valium now.
I Ďve hit a wall and want to change something. I have to make some decisions: CO back to Klonopin, make a long hold and try to stabilize and then taper or continue the CO to Valium. Iím afraid of trying everything, because the last year was really terrible. Iím barely functional with two children.
If anybody has an idea, that how can I stabilize a little and continue my taper or stop it for a while, because of this terrible covid situation , please share with me!
Thank you
EnikŲ