Car Lover's Three Year Update

[Ca...]

Hello Everyone,

I figure if mother nature has decided to dump more snow on the northeast of the United States, we are slotted to get about 14 inches today, I should take the time to write my three year update. A success story? Most definitely. Is everything perfect, nope, but what is? Three years ago I ct'd from 6 months of taking 1.5 mg of Xanax 3 x's a day. What followed was pure hell. Look up the common and uncommon symptoms, I had all of them at one point or another, so I will not go into detail as most of you know what I am talking about.

I held a job throughout all of it, a high stress job that almost killed me. I was even promoted. I don't know how I did it, but I did. I had to, I have a wife and a child and I had no choice. I always figured that if this was going to kill me it would have whether I worked or not. There were times I would go to the bathroom and cry from all of the pain and psychological distress. I am here, on the other side to tell you my story,

So by now you probably want to know how I am. well I am good enough to clear 14 ADDITIONAL snow off of my property. I still have muscle twitching, mostly in my calves, but it does affect other parts of my body, It comes and goes and is annoying. I still get tired for no reason and my ligaments are ridiculously tight. It seems that Xanax does this and I hope that in time it goes away. I still get anxious from time to time but it is manageable. I sleep well. I am ok. I still have aspirations of getting even better and I know for some 5 years is the mark and I guess for some of my symptoms it will be.

I just want you all to know that it does get better, you will live again. I know it is hard to believe, but believe it.

I was never much of a writer, so I think I will end it here. If you need me, message me. I am glad to assist.

-CL

Hey car lover, congratulations!  Just wanted to let you know I will be 4 years off next month and have still seen improvement after the 3 year mark.  Thanks for sharing your story and stay warm!  :)

Hi ya Car lover,

It's good to hear from you and thanks for the update. You certainly are doing well to shovel that much snow.  What a winter for some folks!!!

Congratulations on making it through this process, it sounds like whatever is left from withdrawal is minor and will go away with time.  :thumbsup:

pianogirl

Hi ya Car lover,

It's good to hear from you and thanks for the update. You certainly are doing well to shovel that much snow.  What a winter for some folks!!!

Congratulations on making it through this process, it sounds like whatever is left from withdrawal is minor and will go away with time.  :thumbsup:

pianogirl

I hope you are right!

Congratulations!! I like to read success stories from people who continued to work, even through rough symptoms.  Thank you for sharing!

Welcome!

Hi Car lover, 

( I like your name - I have 3 men in my life that are crazy about their cars also.  Did you see on the news about the sink hole at the corvet museum in Bowling Green Ky?)

I'm getting the snow also, not as much as you are just 7 - 8 inches. We also have ice which makes the trees bad, plus roads of course. But heck what can we do - just go with the flow and hope the electricity stays on from all the tree limbs breaking.

Thanks for coming back and writing how you are doing. I feel so many people don't come back unless feel they can say they are 100% heal.  Success is indeed where you are!!!  You are living a full life and have been free 3 years.  No you aren't 100% yet but in time you will be.  Thanks for telling how far you have come. I'm happy for you.  I am almost 2 1/2 years out from my c/t off xanax also.  I know how much better I am - no I'm not there yet but if we have come this far then why won't we heal the rest.

My best to you - may this next year get you feeling even better than you are now.

Watch that shoveling - it's really strenuous as you know - I heard on tv today that they were really warning people of taking breaks when shoveling due to the increase of heart attacks from shoveling.

Healing to all of us,

Sally  :angel:

carlover must have some strong arms from shoveling like that all winter!! :thumbsup:

nice name btw i drive a mustang GT

I drive a 2013 black on black Mustang GT and I also have a 1971 Olds Cutlass S restored from the ground up. Of course with all of the snow both have been hibernating in the garage for over a month. You know it is spring in my house when the china rattles from the start-ups.

What year is your Mustang?

-CL

CL-

This is great news I remember when you  where in allot of pain and suffering w/d. Im so glad to hear how much better your doing. It will get even better as more time passes. I had those muscle twitches at 3 years off as well and the tightness. My muscles took a huge hit in my w/d.Your gonna be so much better the more time passes. Thanks for the Update and positive post.

~Jenny

i tried to upload the photo from photobucket i made it didntwork :( the link still works k

It looks nice! I bought mine while still in w/d. I figured life is too short so......anyway.....drive in good health!

-CL

CL-

This is great news I remember when you  where in allot of pain and suffering w/d. Im so glad to hear how much better your doing. It will get even better as more time passes. I had those muscle twitches at 3 years off as well and the tightness. My muscles took a huge hit in my w/d.Your gonna be so much better the more time passes. Thanks for the Update and positive post.

~Jen

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for your kind words. I am curious how your muscles are doing now?

-CL

CL-

~Jen

Hi Jenny,

-CL

Hi -CL

Ill be honest with you ..My muscles were in terrible shape during w/d. I lost so much muscle mass. I couldnt hold my body weight for months.. They became stronger and stronger in the first 2 years, Now being off for over3  years there doing so good. Im strong again.

The twitching stopped, The burning like acid is all gone. The tightness in my calves are gone. I can lift and feel the strength is back. I think your gonna see even more improvements as more time goes bye.

Im so happy for you that your feeling better and living again..  :)

~Jenny

Edit - personal photo album link removed

~Juliea

God I really love cars.....never sell that car!....I took the Mustang out today....I put a Roush exhaust on it in Dec. I forgot how good it sounds.

-CL

Edit - personal photo album link in quote removed

~Juliea

CL-

~Jen

Hi Jenny,

-CL

Hi -CL

Ill be honest with you ..My muscles were in terrible shape during w/d. I lost so much muscle mass. I couldnt hold my body weight for months.. They became stronger and stronger in the first 2 years, Now being off for over3  years there doing so good. Im strong again.

The twitching stopped, The burning like acid is all gone. The tightness in my calves are gone. I can lift and feel the strength is back. I think your gonna see even more improvements as more time goes bye.

Im so happy for you that your feeling better and living again..  :)

~Jenny

Jenny,

I do feel good as it is. I sure hope what you say is true. I feel that these minor muscle issues are the last of it and when they are gone I will truly be able to move on. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

-Cl

thanks carlover i drive my car safe.  Sometimes i like to just drive my mustang with the radio off and listen to it run it sounds awesome! :) it has only 53 k miles on it so it has alot of life in it left  :thumbsup:

My first car (new) was a Mustang GT (1982). The first year Ford came back to its senses and put the 5.0 under the hood.

The car was probably slow by today's standards but it was fun to drive.

hiii i'll getthrough , that was a nice car you had !! they mustve been alot less in 1982 than the $30,000+  it costs now for a mustang GT :( i like the deep rich sound my mustang has from the v8 it has under the hood ! :) it has flowmaster mufflers on it too  and a 5 speed trans

It cost me $13k! The insurance was off the charts though. It had a single exhaust a 350 CFM  2 barrel carb but it was the fastest American muscle on the road for that year.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick check in.......It keeps getting better and better.......HANG IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

-CL

Thank you for chiming in...I read your story and I needed to hear that you pushed through working. I am a single mom and I have to keep working despite how I feel. I pray the W/D symptoms go away a lot sooner rather than later.

You're my hero!  :clap: thank you again and keep getting better because you will!!!!!  :thumbsup:

Thank you for chiming in...I read your story and I needed to hear that you pushed through working. I am a single mom and I have to keep working despite how I feel. I pray the W/D symptoms go away a lot sooner rather than later.

You're my hero!  :clap: thank you again and keep getting better because you will!!!!!  :thumbsup:

LovingMother,

It can be done. It isn't easy, but it can be done.

-CL