Hi, I'm new! Want off Lorazepam

[b1...]

Hey Lori,

I am an almond girl...you'll always find almonds in my purse.  Though there is a big bowl of chocolates sitting by the front door for Halloween and I'm so tempted, but I will resist LOL.

Take care,

Beth

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [b1...]

• [Lo...]

• [Be...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Beth,

I love almonds, but have a sensitivity to them!! So, I now go with cashews. You know the trick then of carrying around something to nibble on to keep your blood sugar up! I've got a bowl of chocolates sitting next to me as well and trying not to eat any either!! Maybe I should dump the rest of it in the next person's bag!! :laugh: I went almost 9 months without eating any candy, cookies, ice-cream, chocolate, etc. I let down once, and that's all it took!!

Lori :smitten:

Just wanted to chime in here....I, too, am tapering from Lorazepam...  When  I got down to .125mg 3 x a day I switched to titration.  I am very glad I did.  It is not hard, but takes a couple days to get used to.  Go over to my blog CAL journey home and you can read what I think about it.

Yes, the cutting of the pill after 1/4 was impossible.  I was always worried about getting an exact 1/4 cut, each piece looked different than the other.  I am happy to have switched to titration, I think you will be too.

I also am an almond person.  Just ran out this week, need to get some more :)  Low blood sugar seems to be a common problem.  Who would have thot?

Hi Cal,

I did try the titration on the weekend, but because I don't normally drink milk (lactose intolerant) I decided to try using soy milk.  Well, I had a bad reaction to the soy milk so I stopped that and will go get whole milk today.  Guess it's better to have a gurgly tummy then to dry cut such a small amount of pill.  I'll let you know how it goes :)

Have a good day!

Beth

Beth - Just so you know, you can use water.  Milk is preferred because of it's fat content, but if you are lactose intolerant, you are likely to feel ill from the milk alone.  If using water, you just want to make sure you stir it well and draw off  your amount for the day while the water is still moving if possible.  That agitation helps to make the dispersion of the benzo "powder" more uniform.

I can usually tolerate a little milk, like a 1/2 cup a day, but if I drink a whole glass of milk I know I'll have gurgly tummy (if you know what I mean!)  :laugh:  Since I'm only going to be drinking less than 25ml at each dose I should be fine.  But, it's good to know I can use water if need be.

Thanks!!

Beth

I have not had milk in over 14 years.  My son was allergic so we all gave up milk.  I have found that taking such a small amount has not affected  me at all.  I was going to use milk,OPPS, meant water, but I am a bit compulsive about it not mixing well and leftover residue.  The milk is working fine.  The only thing is my pill is white, the  milk is white, so I'm not really sure how well this is mixing up.  Haven't had any severe w/d s/x so I must be getting enough benzo to keep me stable.

Just tried soymilk the other day and it just did not agree with me.  I should be fine with the small amount of milk, as long as I don't decide to have a big milkshake or something LOL.

Beth

Hey Beth,

Trial and error; that's how we find out what works for us and what doesn't. We are all so different when it comes to this whole benzo thing!! Wishing you the best with your titration. :thumbsup:

Lori :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!  Just wanted to post an update on how I'm doing.  I finished titrating last Sunday!!!  Felt pretty good the first two days and then have started having some w/d s/x...heavy head, body "buzz" and waking everyday around 4 - 5am but other than that, not doing too bad.  I also have problems with my inner ear at the moment so some symptoms I have are related to that.

Oh, and just wanted to also mention that the titration method seemed to work much better than dry-cutting (in terms of less s/x).

Take care,

Beth

I, too, am titrating lorazapam.  You titrated the last bit in only 17 days?  Good for you.

I will be interested in hearing on how you are post benzo.  Keep us posted :)

I, too, am titrating lorazapam.  You titrated the last bit in only 17 days?  Good for you.

I will be interested in hearing on how you are post benzo.  Keep us posted :)

Hi Cal, yes, I titrated the last 0.25mg in 17 days (keep in mind I was dry-cutting 0.125mg every 3 - 4 days so this was actually slow for me - I was only originally on the Ativan for just over 2 weeks :)).  I was doing anywhere between 0.01 - 0.02mg reduction a day and felt pretty good while I was reducing so I kept on going at that pace.  I eventually jumped off at 0.025mg because i was lazy and didn't feel like making another batch LOL.  I hope your titrating is going well!!

Beth