• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [Ks...]

• [Sm...]

• [Mo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[d7...]
Yay glad KS and I aren't the only ones, but sad that there's so much of us suffering through this too.  This is a struggle but we have to keep fighting no matter how hard it is, just remember that! We will heal.

I am about your age Move.

Can't believe doctors prescribe this addicting drug to teens. But then i was prescribed an antidepressant before I was even in high school

I would love to join the group. I just turned 30 a couple of days ago. Benzo w/d is so alienating. I've gone from being a social person to a total recluse. I'm glad to see that there are others going through the same thing as me.

I would love to join the group. I just turned 30 a couple of days ago. Benzo w/d is so alienating. I've gone from being a social person to a total recluse. I'm glad to see that there are others going through the same thing as me.

Yeah... went from finally coming out of my shell and being outgoing with a charismatic aura to not wanting anything to do with anyone.

Yeah... went from finally coming out of my shell and being outgoing with a charismatic aura to not wanting anything to do with anyone.

Me too...just as my life was really coming together it all completely imploded...still in shock and disbelief

No kids for me though several people in my high school grad class had them already. It baffles me...like, you have a child? But we were just in history class together and then graduated and, what? Is this allowed?

:idiot:;D I know, dumb lol

I feel the same, I don't think I'd be able to handle it. I wish I could, I'd like to have little versions of me and see what they turned out like but I'm afraid to pass on these genes :( there is still time though I think...one thing at a time...still need to finish college and um, get a career first, hopefully...

You can totally have kids and still deal with mental health issues.  Most mom's I know all seem to have some issues they are working through.  However, I wouldn't suggest kids and tapering.  NOT a fun combo.  My give me so much to live for and are my 2 main reasons for getting better. 

Beibs- Your story made me laugh.  I remember thinking that same way.  Sometimes I still feel like a kid babysitting or playing house.  Life is bizarre.

[d7...]

You can totally have kids and still deal with mental health issues.  Most mom's I know all seem to have some issues they are working through.  However, I wouldn't suggest kids and tapering.  NOT a fun combo.  My give me so much to live for and are my 2 main reasons for getting better. 

Beibs- Your story made me laugh.  I remember thinking that same way.  Sometimes I still feel like a kid babysitting or playing house.  Life is bizarre.

I have no idea how people taper while having kids or even are on benzos while having kids, I can't even take care of myself right now and I'm an emotional wreck most of the time. I am so lucky I don't have kids right now because this would scar them for life, I never want my children (if I ever have any) to endure what I have gone through.

"I have no idea how people taper while having kids or even are on benzos while having kids, I can't even take care of myself right now and I'm an emotional wreck most of the time. I am so lucky I don't have kids right now because this would scar them for life, I never want my children (if I ever have any) to endure what I have gone through."

It is hard, I won't lie.  However, my kids keep me up and moving and I don't have that much time to worry about myself.  I definitely have days where I just want to curl up in a ball and take a nap or watch a movie that isn't a cartoon, but this is my life and I just have to deal to with it.  The thing that makes me the saddest about being a parent on 2mg/day of Klonopin was that I honestly don't really remember the early years...their first steps, words, birthdays/Christmases.  It's just kind of a blur.  That's the hardest part.  I hope my brain recovers for me to remember things better from here on out.  My kids are young, so we still have a lot of living to do.  :)  Good luck on your recovery! 

[46...]
26... and this is a great idea. I love talking to everyone but it's nice to talk about the struggles with those in your age group... so, how's your guy's social lives going??? Hopefully we can all get to points where we are stable in our tapers and can have SOME fun. lol.... being a hermit gets old.

I have two kids 8 and 13 had I know this was gonna happen I would never have taken benzos!!! My kids have been great through this thank goodness! I'm only 2.5 months out so far it's been hell!!