promethazine(phenagren)

[co...]

my Question is is it ok to take this i have taken it from time to time for nauesa upset stomach will it mess me up since i have been off benzo's 3 weeks now i am very nauseaed sick to my stomach my stomach is really a mess just wanted to get others advice before i take any..

god bless you'll

hugs sherry :-\

my Question is is it ok to take this i have taken it from time to time for nauesa upset stomach will it mess me up since i have been off benzo's 3 weeks now i am very nauseaed sick to my stomach my stomach is really a mess just wanted to get others advice before i take any..

god bless you'll

hugs sherry :-\

Hi sherry,

Sorry, I don't really have an answer for you regarding this med. Just know that you need to be careful with taking any meds during your healing process. You may find some information at this site regarding any side effects or interactions http://www.drugs.com/promethazine.html  Hopefully, someone that has used it during post benzo withdrawal or can offer other remedies will stop by.

T2 :smitten:

hi, I have taken Phenergan on and off during and after tapering and I havnt had any significant problems but i know a few people who have. I like you have had horrible nasea on and off and anxiety makes this worse so I have taken the 25mg blue pillsx2 or Avomine tablets which are the same. This is a member of the Phenothiazine class although it is much weaker than most but thats not saying much as Phenos are about the strongest Psych med you can get and are used to treat schizophrenia. My own side effects from these when I first stsrted taking them was nightmares and dizzziness, a bad taste in the mouth and hangover effect the next day if taken at night. others have had bad skin reactions. i personnaly think they are quite a safe alternative to other drugs and work well for innsomnia and feeling sick. Taking them after I tapered has presented no particular problems but we are all diffrent. The other 2 drugs I take OTC is Buccastem (another much stronger Phenothiazine) and Kwells which is scopolamine. It says in the British National Formulacy that Phenothiazines are not suitable for Benzodiazapine withdrawel and I dont think they would say that without reason. maybe at a lower dose say 10mg they may be safer. good luck

hello doctorwho

thanks for the reply i got by without taking any phengren last night thank god i dont want to take anything else inless i really haft too i dont want to make things any worse then they already are..i just drank some peppermint tea warm and it settled me down my tummy that is its a shame there isnt something like that to calm our withdrawls..have a great night..i pray things are better fro you today..

god bless you

sherry ;)