Why do some of us take so long to heal?

[le...]

Just wondered why some of us take so much longer to heal? I was happy on zopiclone, for majority time only took it 2 or 3 times week, for insomnia only, tiny dose equivilant of about 2 tablets week. No interdose withdrawal but was addicted to it. Was it because I was forced to go CT? 43 months later still not healed. Tried  everything to try hasten recovery without success. Maybe it’s just luck of the draw that means some of us take so long, despite how we try to help ourselves? I do think going CT against my wishes did make difference and caused the bad mental symptoms. Any theories anyone?

It's because you ct'ed. It's that simple.

I've been tapering for 11 years. If I went CT back then, I probably would have been recovering still right now.

There was this one guy on here, who was ct'ed, and it took him 12 years to recover fully.

The recovery time is set. You can't speed it up. Only by exercising and eating healthy food.

It's not you.  It's just poison.

Maybe age plays a role too, but older people recover just fine too. There is hope for you (in fact, I know you will recover) , it just seems so long because you assume that you should be healed by now because you are off for 40 months. But you forget that people who taper for a long give their brain a chance to heal during the process. You just went `BAM!' cold turkey. A massive shock for the brain. No healing in between. All the healing still needed to be done once you were off the drugs.

You will be fine 😊

That’s depressed me even more, don’t think I’d still be around if it took 12 years, Makes me even more angry at that bl**dy doctor. Still think some of it is the luck of the draw, as others seem to CT and recover relatively quickly, whereas there are people that do long taper still take years. Pamster one of the administrators said she recovered from 2 cold turkeys in 14 months. Maybe it’s down to your genetic make up. I do think zopiclone one of worst things to recover from as it’s fast acting. Seems make no difference what size dose you took.

That’s depressed me even more, don’t think I’d still be around if it took 12 years, Makes me even more angry at that bl**dy doctor. Still think some of it is the luck of the draw, as others seem to CT and recover relatively quickly, whereas there are people that do long taper still take years. Pamster one of the administrators said she recovered from 2 cold turkeys in 14 months. Maybe it’s down to your genetic make up. I do think zopiclone one of worst things to recover from as it’s fast acting. Seems make no difference what size dose you took.

Oh yes, ofcourse it comes down to the person too. And dosage too I think.

I'm not saying it will take 12 years for you!!

That guy was on idiotic dosages, and so was I. I'm also highly sensitive. Highly sensitive people react more strongly to drugs.

I was just saying, you didn't taper. That is all. Do not feal discouraged. Forget the 12 year thing 😉

[a9...]

Lean,

I am going to offer you some advice. You don't have to take it but keep it in mind.

Read the book DARE and get the Dare app on the phone. It won't take the thoughts away, but it will teach you how to deal with them appropriately. Spending all your time on here and asking for reassurance are OCD compulsions. I don't think this is true OCD that you and I are experiencing but knowing that I am responding to the thought correctly based on what the book/app teaches gives me more peace of mind.

I have just started limbic retraining/vagal exercises/somatic experiencing to help get my body out of fight or flight. If you don't know, your body cannot heal correctly in sympathetic dominance. I believe that is why some take so long to heal, along with deficiencies and why we were put on the drugs in the first place.

These drugs deplete vitamins and minerals from the body. If we don't replenish them, it can take X amount of time before the body slowly does it with what it has available. Brain retraining helps the body not be so reactive to vitamins, supplements, meds, etc. I am testing this out myself over the next year. I will keep you posted on how it goes. I am trying a new one because I didn't like DNRS or Gupta. 

Good luck with it. Tried all brain retraining stuff, CBT , got DARE book, did  nothing for me I’m afraid. Think because it’s chemically induced all normal stuff didn’t help me personally. Come to the conclusion no rhyme nor reason why some of us take longer than others, just bad luck I think. Sometimes those only on meds short  time take just as long those long term users. Think if you are glass half full person possibly does help. Anyway hope it works for you. I wasn’t after reassurance, merely just wondering If anyone had any theories as to why we vary so much in recovery times. As snelle observed think going ct can be factor.The reason people come on here is to naturally seek  support and reassurance they will recover , no way should it be described as OCD, as the name suggest this is meant to be a support forum, so that is what people seek?? Anyway hope the the exercises help you. Would help if you put your history down as well.