Dr. Amen, psychiatrist

[Ne...]

https://www.amenclinics.com/blog/how-anti-anxiety-pills-increase-dementia

Dr. Amen is a famous psychiatrist in Southern California (TV and books, private practice and treats Hollywood stars with his brain spect).  He irritates me to the maximum on his lax approach to talking about how dangerous benzos are.  If you get a chance to read this article and comment, maybe he will hear what we have to say and be more concerned of the danger of benzos.  He has written other articles on benzos and anti-anxiety, too, if you look at his website.

I basically said I wish he would help those of us damaged and go onto benzobuddies and listen/read all the stories and get educated.  He is supposed to be the "brain expert".  He has a brain scan that I believe he charges $4,000 for.  He has pretended (in my opinion) to have gotten on the bandwagon and acts like he is holistic now compared to his past advice of medications.  I have known about him way before my benzo injury because of my children and ADD and looked up to him back then.  I have written to him several times over the last few years asking for help (personal emails to his business).  After the first sent email, I got a phone call right away from his office.  But all they wanted was for me to make an appointment and spend the bucks on the brain scan. Never did I get a response that he was interested in learning about the damage we all have endured.  He's another one just interested in making bucks but acts like he is so interested in helping people. 

I think that even posting that comment even if it was deleted probably has helped.  It should be making the people at the Amen Clinic more aware of how dangerous these drugs are.

Thank you Becks.  They are probably tired of getting my negative comments toward them.  It's all about the money.  I see he is opening up a new clinic in Dallas.

I personally think Dr. Amen does great work SPECT scanning brains.  I think he's a wonderful doc and man.  He's helped alot of people.

He's helped a lot of people with big bucks - pro athletes and stars - with physical head injuries etc. but he has also been very pro meds through the years and I'm sure damaged a lot of people, too, that is not talked about.  If he would step up and be outspoken and against meds and really talk about the nitty gritty that we all have endured, he would help a whole lot more damaged people like us and prevent others from going through this hell!  Hey everybody...if you have $4,000 to throw away, Dr. Amen will scan you and then what?  Tell you, yes, you have a brain injury and he doesn't know what to do about it????