I filed a second lawsuit, fought everyone in my way, and I'm determined to heal

[Ju...]

I still can't get over the fact that half my life was ruined by big pharma. I've already filed two different lawsuits within the last month. I'm still not sure whether or not to sue Genentech in San Francisco. I have debated this in my head for a long time, and there's so many arguments for each side. Genentech of San Francisco says not to take them long-term, but they also say it's up to the medical professional to determine. Apparently a lot of our medical professionals agreed that we needed to be on them long term, so Genentech of San Francisco is still to blame.

First I filed the lawsuit against one of my doctors that were improperly prescribing and left me suffer with no good game plans. I guess I have about a 50/50 shot at winning that lawsuit. If I win, I will be well off for a while. If I lose, I might ruin my credit and get hit with fees shifting by the other party. It's called the American Rule, and sometimes you lose.

I also decided I wasn't going to take crap from my landlord, and they have been violating fair housing laws, even though I'm in a really wealthy part of town and I was supposed to have a stress-free lease at my new building. I tried to work things out with them for several months, with no success. Every attorney I talk to about all of this, they did the same thing as the attorneys I spoke with about the medical professionals. It seems as if lawyers are just scared to take litigation cases these days. So I ended up filing it myself with a pro se guide again. I know my chances of winning are very slim, but what else am I to do?

The way I'm seeing things these days now that my mind is pretty much clear, the government isn't actually out to get anybody. My Hope Is that the federal judge is going to consider everything I say at court, and that the jury will be understanding, and they will see what I've been through. Most human beings are pretty good people deep down inside, so usually humans will help each other if possible. I know we got let down by a lot of medical professionals and the pharmaceutical industry, but I like to Hope juries and judges won't do the same thing.

I try to look at it from a different perspective than the attorneys who refused to help me with litigation. I like to think I went through all kinds of suffering that was completely unnecessary, there was no good game plan and there isn't for anybody coming off of these pills, and regardless of whose fault it is, I'm the one that ended up suffering. Wouldn't you think somebody who's suffered for so long would deserve some kind of compensation? I'm pretty sure at least 90% of society would agree with me.

As far as my landlord, I never expected to be disabled. Hopefully I won't be disabled much longer, but as for right now, I'm still on government benefits. When you're on government benefits, you're kind of at the mercy of your landlord because they own the building. However, if they are being blatantly rude and disrespectful and not fixing things when they're supposed to, that's what Fair Housing Act and Ada Act is for. Again, the government actually has lots of protections for us if we know how to utilize them, but that's the hardest part, trying to figure it out.

I had to read hundreds of web pages, I had to learn the pro se guide. I had to figure out which codes to put in which boxes. I had to figure out what a reasonable amount for compensation is, and I had to figure out who's liable for what. I had to serve my landlord and medical professionals, and I had to get the summons approved by the clerk of court. I've been going back and forth between all kinds of different people, and I've been losing sleep and stressing myself out. I'm almost at 3 years off of these pills, but this is highly stressful for anybody. I once heard that the true cost of a lawsuit is the stress, and now I agree. But I'm in it too far to back out.

I guess part of my benzo withdrawal is also getting even with my past and knowing what I deserve. I won't stop fighting until I win, and if I lose, at least I know I tried and gave it my best. I know a lot of people end up letting things slide and leaving them in the past, but I'm unable to because of the pills. In my mind, I know that I went through three years of hell and I had a chance to make myself comfortable in life financially, and a way to get back at all of my trauma at the same time. I'm hoping that this takes care of everything all in one shot, so that I can go on a so-called permanent vacation. Is the stress worth it? I think it will be in the future. It's kind of like how we all stayed off pills for years, knowing what the future would bring us. Is it worth it? Most of us on benzo buddies seem to think so in the long run.

Anyhow, I've already filed the lawsuit against the medical professionals, and another one against my landlord. I'm still trying to determine if a third one is necessary or not, because Genentech is the company who owns Roche and created a lot of this mess for all of us. I reached out to them several times, and they always try to dismiss everything and keep doing those stupid FDA reports, which obviously don't help us. I think this is exactly what the courts are for, to make an example out of people who wronged society. I think everybody usually assumes the court is only for trouble, but it's actually for federal questions and holding the wrong accountable. I really hope this stress wasn't for nothing, and that it pays off.

I'm really surprised you're contemplating suing Genetech.  Genetech is a company that makes pharmaceuticals using recombinant DNA technology and I'm virtually certain that they've never made a benzodiazepine. It just isn't the sort of drug that you'd make using that technology. And Genetech doesn't own Roche, but rather it's the other way around - Roche purchased Genetech in 2009.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genentech

Genentech, Inc., is an American biotechnology corporation which became a subsidiary of Roche in 2009. Genentech Research and Early Development operates as an independent center within Roche.[5] Historically, the company is regarded as the world's first biotechnology company.[6]

Some company should be made to account financially for the destruction that they've created and I wish you the best in your suite, but some of your statements have me a little confused.

Now the parent company F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG definitely made benzo drugs and still do as far as I know. In fact if I'm not mistaken they were the first company to market a benzodiazepine.

Hello,

Thanks for your input. I thought the same thing, because I started taking my pills back in the year 1999, and almost everything was made by Roche back then. So whenever I got off of my medicine in 2019, I originally looked up Roche. Turns out, the generics I was getting in 2019 from the Harris Teeter pharmacy in North Carolina, came from Genentech.

The way I found this out, was I contacted the pharmacy. They gave me the specific literature for the medicine I was taking, and there was a link to the Genentech website. I then researched Genentech, and found out their main facility was in San Francisco. I then contacted San Francisco Genentech, and they confirmed due to the imprint and color of the tablets, and where I purchased them.

They informed me they were a close partner company of Roche Pharmaceuticals, I'm not sure who owns who, you might be correct on that. Perhaps it is the opposite way around like you stated.

But regardless of who owns who, Roche Pharmaceuticals did not make my medicine. Only the company who makes them is accountable, which happens to be Genentech. I have no knowledge of what their company normally makes, or what part of the market they control. The only thing I'm concerned with is my own well-being that was affected by their company. Everything else is pretty much Irrelevant in court. If I can make a direct link from the pills I purchased at the pharmacy, and the damage being caused by Genentech Pharmaceuticals of San francisco, then I have a pretty good Court case.

[nobbc]https://www.gene.com/about-us/program-services/klonopin[/nobbc]

Here is the link to their website, it says that they are a member of Roche. Whenever I contacted their company, they verified they produced the pills. They had me speak with their FDA department at Genentech, and I went through all kinds of pharmaceutical questions related to their product. If you click on the PDF files, it also states that it's Roche. Apparently they are partners of one another.

Edit: Deactivated link.

Also, here is a link to the FDA website and there's a PDF file you can download, it's the whole generic medication literature which they give to the pharmacies around America. At the bottom, it says that it's distributed by Genentech. It also has Genentech of San Francisco listed at the bottom as the distributor, and it says they are a member of Roche.

[nobbc]https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/017533s053,020813s009lbl.pdf[/nobbc]

Edit: Deactivated link.