Hepatic encephalopathy

[We...]

Anyone familiar with this? Could all of our symptoms be from this disease?

Its common to trigger it by benzo use...

Just too many matching symptoms to ignore this

I remember thinking I had this. Got every test I could. Nope, all clear. I had liver pain, yellow stools, bloating, everything I ate I would have to run to the toilet coz it would come straight out.

Drs couldn’t find a reason. Said I should go on antidepressants. Ha!

Get the tests if it makes u feel better, but don’t be surprised if they come back clear. I googled everything too. Benzos slow body processes down, so why not the gi process too?

Well toxic encephalopathy also comes into consideration. I read that If we ever took benzos and alcohol together we could have caused permanent brain damage. And I am sure many people did this as many here have been on benzos for years and decades and I suppose many drank alcohol during those years or decades...

That’s a pretty irresponsible thing to say. Now ur gunna have everyone on here thinking they’re brain damaged.

Oh it was not my intention at all!

I just share my concerns because I want to help myself and others asap. I tought maybe if the encepahalopathy is the case,then we should get treatment instead of waiting out and risking further damage.

Ok. Just be careful because people will take comments like that and run with them. Don’t forget they use valium to wean alcoholics off alcohol. So I think it would have to be prolonged abuse of both things to cause that, or high amounts. I used to mix the 2 occasionally as my genius dr said it might help them work better! I wasn’t much smarter for listening to her though I might add.

Let’s just give our bodies time. U will be amazed what time can do. I am x