Intermittent Fasting - lots of good biochemistry that might help us heal?

[De...]

I've finally been able to tolerate a 12:12 Intermittent Fasting schedule and I have noticed a reduction in fatigue and pain.  Found this article and it substantiates the positive effects on the CNS:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5913738/

Abstract

During evolution, individuals whose brains and bodies functioned well in a fasted state were successful in acquiring food, enabling their survival and reproduction. With fasting and extended exercise, liver glycogen stores are depleted and ketones are produced from adipose-cell-derived fatty acids. This metabolic switch in cellular fuel source is accompanied by cellular and molecular adaptations of neural networks in the brain that enhance their functionality and bolster their resistance to stress, injury and disease. Here, we consider how intermittent metabolic switching, repeating cycles of a metabolic challenge that induces ketosis (fasting and/or exercise) followed by a recovery period (eating, resting and sleeping), may optimize brain function and resilience throughout the lifespan, with a focus on the neuronal circuits involved in cognition and mood. Such metabolic switching impacts multiple signalling pathways that promote neuroplasticity and resistance of the brain to injury and disease.

I do it. I think there's a thread under alternative therapies too. No way of knowing if it helps, as there's no quick fix. But the science sounds good and it's easy to do

Definitely no quick fix!  I'm 20 months out and just now able to handle more "stress".  Still can't go out and walk briskly, but will try that again next after I settle into this baseline with IF.  But I think IF can help us to heal to an even better state than before benzos :-)

• 4 weeks later...
It has a positive effect. Read on advantages on https://betterme.world/articles/intermittent-fasting-14-10/ . I say give intermittent fasting a try. I love eating large meals and feeling full and satisfied and I’m hungry less often that way. I think intermittent fasting actually boosts your metabolism bcs it’s not always being fed, and the body needs to depend on your fat storage as well. You should read up on it. So many studies on how beneficial it is. But it does take getting used to. Even if you do it 5 days a week you’ll see results. On the weekend I indulge more