2-Year Anniversary of Benzo Album

[bo...]

Two years ago today, I released an album about acute benzo withdrawal with the help of another friend that I met on benzo buddies. I did this for several reasons. The first was to provide an inspirational work of art to help others going through withdrawal. The second was to use the album as a way to publicly announce my struggles to the people who actually knew me. And the third was as a distraction from the suffering. I released the album when I was about 23 months off Klonopin cold turkey so all the songs were written from months 0-23. I was still really struggling at the time but now at 47 months off, I'm feeling a lot better. Here are some links to the album today in case anybody is interested who might be struggling (you can stream for free). Maybe this album could provide some hope. It does get better.

Spotify:

Youtube:

Bandcamp: https://comebackk.bandcamp.com/album/get-well

Why has nobody responded to this??? This is seriously awesome man.

I finished my taper 9 days ago so obviously I'm deep in the thick of it right now and man these songs are so real and so accurate. Music means so much to me, and I haven't been able to listen to much recently which has been killing me.

The "Thoughts" song is so accurate! I've been terrorized by intrusives for most of this most recent wave. I'm coming to terms with them, but they can be paralyzing when paired with emotions like anger or fear.

I've actually seen a lot of your old posts because of my desperate search for answers about the emotions and thoughts I've been experiencing. So it means so much to me to see that you've gotten better and to hear the art that was born out of this suffering.

Kudos boomboxboy. You deserve every bit of peace, calm and happiness that comes your way.

Hi, cityzen. I'm glad you were able to connect with the music. I was absolutely plagued by horrific criminal thoughts during withdrawal. The thoughts would make me feel I was going to act on them too and it was torture nonstop for almost 2.5 years. Then it slowly started getting better. I was desperate for a long time on this forum and it made others upset because I was candid about my symptoms and you're not supposed to talk about some of the taboo ones, which absolutely were caused by medication cessation.

I think the reason nobody responds is because I post about the album a lot and I have it in my success story. You should give that success story a read if you want. Coincidentally, I just put out another single and it came out today. Here are some links for it if interested.

Spotify:

Youtube:

Hi, cityzen. I'm glad you were able to connect with the music. I was absolutely plagued by horrific criminal thoughts during withdrawal. The thoughts would make me feel I was going to act on them too and it was torture nonstop for almost 2.5 years. Then it slowly started getting better. I was desperate for a long time on this forum and it made others upset because I was candid about my symptoms and you're not supposed to talk about some of the taboo ones, which absolutely were caused by medication cessation.

I think the reason nobody responds is because I post about the album a lot and I have it in my success story. You should give that success story a read if you want. Coincidentally, I just put out another single and it came out today. Here are some links for it if interested.

Spotify:

Youtube:

It was a rough time for sure and I know you were angry with me so I haven't posted to you in a long time, wondering if it would be okay to now?  I'm happy you've made so much progress and wanted to let you know but if you're not cool with it, I'll remove my post from this thread.

Hi, Pamster. Feel free to post on my posts. I am over all of that now. Yes, I was just very desperate and then I got angry about the forum rules, which made me angry at all the mods. But again, I'm so much better and healthier now and I'm past being angry at people aside from a few of my close friends in real life that burned me during withdrawal but I'm even getting over that now too.

Thanks boomboxboy, I look forward to it.  You're so talented, I'm grateful you've been able to keep up with your music and I can see it resonates with our members, you've told their story and yours through your music.