Shortness of breath from covid

[gs...]

Did anyone else get shortness of breath from covid but fully recover after? My symptoms started on August 19th. It started out like a really bad cold. Sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, and just one night I had chills.

I think I had those symptoms for about a week and then once they stopped I seemed to start getting some chest tightness and discomfort.

I saw a doctor and he said my lungs sounded mildly congested so he prescribed an inhaler. After just a few days I went back and my lungs sounded clear. My oxygen levels are fine as well.

I still feel like my lung capacity isn't the same though. Is this normal while recovering from covid? I know it could be a lot worse. I want to return to the gym and start exercising again but also don't wanna push it.

This is completely normal for recovering from Covid. It can take up to 3 months to fully recover from Covid symptoms. I think it will be wise to just rest and let your body recover before you hit the gym again.

This is completely normal for recovering from Covid. It can take up to 3 months to fully recover from Covid symptoms. I think it will be wise to just rest and let your body recover before you hit the gym again.

It has been extremely hard. I keep thinking I'm gonna die. I don't remember ever having a chest infection like this before. I did a chest x ray earlier so I'll get the results on Tuesday. My anxiety is extremely bad. I've been in a wave since getting sick and the anxiety is getting to me bad.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Covid can be a very nasty virus. I got extremely sick from it - I could barely walk to the bathroom without passing out from losing my breath. I was severely ill for about 2-3 weeks before I felt like I wasn't dying anymore. And after that, I was still in bed and could do the bare minimum. My husband also got it pretty bad and it took him 2 month to recover from Covid. He couldn't even walk 2 blocks to his office. I'm glad you did the X-ray. It should either show what's wrong or put your mind at ease. It's tough, but just rest and you'll get better.  :smitten: