Jaw clenching… I’m worried I’m going to ruin my teeth.

[Ir...]

Wondering if anyone has suggestions for how to deal with jaw clenching?

I was thinking about some kind of bite guard or mouth piece… I’m making my teeth loose.    :-\

My dentist makes me a custom fit mouth guard I sleep with. It's a strong kind of plastic. In a year I've grinded through it.  ::) It's supposed to last two years. I can only imagine the damage to my teeth without it.

Hi jelly baby - ok, good to know that’s working for you.. I’ll go see my dentist. I also think that this clenching thing I do all the time now is giving me headaches too. Getting of this stuff sucks in so many ways.. just keep looking forward to being done with it one day! :)

Yeah, for sure go see your dentist and get some guards made.. I used the cheap ones and that made my issue worse.

I ended up giving myself TMJ due to clenching from stress and it comes with it's own set of crazy symptoms, but luckliy it's fixable in most cases.

Hope you get it sorted soon! 

Thanks y’all for the replies.. appreciate the input, I’ll be calling Monday.  :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

• 9 months later...

I have very similar worries these days. Probably i should visit my dentist , right?

Not sure i want to see him again, last time wasn't pleasant

It’s a good idea, you don’t want a permanent problem such as loose teeth for a temporary issue.  They can be expensive from the dentist, I wonder if you could just buy something from the drug store that would do the trick?

I'm not sure there is a magic pill for this, but maybe visiting your GP can help. Jaw clenching is a common issue, maybe the solution is easier than you think.

But of course, I'd address a dentist who will check your teeth' current state and say what can be done. I always worry when it comes to dentistry. I checked several clinics, and the info on the Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry site persuaded me to choose it. I've been there three times and this is the first clinic where I feel comfortable.

I hope you will solve the problem soon.

I also have a mouth guard. There are physical therapy exercises on youtube to massage the jaws. And basically forming the letter N with your mouth also helps tight jaws.