Dental Implants

[An...]

Has anyone here had them? Is yes, please respond. Was the implant a success? How long ago was it done? Did it hurt during any of the stages before completion? Total time from when the implant was placed and the final crown put on? Lastly, what was the total cost? (ouch I know)!

• 1 month later...
I had one put in but I was asleep for the whole procedure. It'd been a few years. The procedure itself is when they install the screw thing and once it heals they attach the tooth to it. Everything was fine for me. I can't remember how long it took or how much it cost.

I had one put in but I was asleep for the whole procedure. It'd been a few years. The procedure itself is when they install the screw thing and once it heals they attach the tooth to it. Everything was fine for me. I can't remember how long it took or how much it cost.

Thanks for your reply @ gsingh3888.  :)

I have one, I would say it is even easier than filling a tooth, no pain and no bad feeling at all. after 3 months Dr. installed the Crown.

Thanks Reza for your reply. Do you recall the total cost? (ballpark)

I had one about 6 years ago. I took 2mg Lorazepam (!) and was conscious throughout, no pain at all. Dentist had a TV on the ceiling to watch…….really helped to distract!  Tooth has been totally fine since then.

Hardy.

I've had 2 dental implants. Both were successes. I did them with no conscious sedation, just carbocaine. I honestly didn't feel pain during the procedure. The entire procedure took many months, there were several steps. My dentist said the companies that offer dental implants in one setting are not doing it correctly and the failure rate is high. This happened to my brother. He had a lingering infection no one could find for years and had to have the implants removed and redone.

It was costly, I joked that I could buy a small country for the amount I paid. But definitely worth it.

[fc...]
I had one 5 years ago.  I was sedated with halcion.  Yes, it was a success.  I forget the cost…thousands.  I had to take an antibiotic and a steroid for a few days after the procedure.  I believe that the whole thing caused a major setback that lasted a few years.

I've had 2 dental implants. Both were successes. I did them with no conscious sedation, just carbocaine. I honestly didn't feel pain during the procedure. The entire procedure took many months, there were several steps. My dentist said the companies that offer dental implants in one setting are not doing it correctly and the failure rate is high. This happened to my brother. He had a lingering infection no one could find for years and had to have the implants removed and redone.

It was costly, I joked that I could buy a small country for the amount I paid. But definitely worth it.

Thanks pianogirl.  :thumbsup:  I am really scared of the cost, not the procedure. LOL...

I had one about 6 years ago. I took 2mg Lorazepam (!) and was conscious throughout, no pain at all. Dentist had a TV on the ceiling to watch…….really helped to distract!  Tooth has been totally fine since then.

Hardy.

Thanks Hardy. Did you have the same day or the more traditional implant that pianogirl talked about? What kind of tooth was it? Incisor, Molar, canine, pre-molar, top or bottom...... etc.?

The implant is one of my 2 front teeth. The procedure did have a few stages but none were horrid and I don’t remember any pain at all. The main bit……having metal peg implanted……was just like having a filling. I went to a concert straight afterwards……….those were the days!

Hardy.

About 6 years ago. No problems at all with tooth. I can bite into a hard crunchy apple no bother!

Hardy.

@Hardy66..

How long ago if you do not mind me asking? Any problems since?

• 4 months later...
I had my entire month done! Cost a fortune and b/c benzo w/d still not finished. HOWEVER-I can’t wait to get those pearly whites!! Just cannot wait!

I'm in search of a good implant center. I looked through the Clear Choice reviews on this website and it seems to be a good choice. I didn't address them and don't know the prices, though. I also read that it is possible to find free dental implants through programs and charities. Does anyone know anything about it?