pain and tingling worse on left side- is this normal?

[Hi...]

I am constantly going back and forth between is what I feeling related to Benzo withdrawal or MS? Has anyone else had worsening pain/ tingling on one side compared to the other or is it always bilateral?

Also had anyone had tight band around chest?

Thanks

Yes pain burning tingling vibrating, I had the band also and all my pain is on the left side it is common in wd.  Look in the Ashton manual and type it in the search bar.  You are still tapering so yes considering you are functioning is a good sign.  I did not taper so can’t help you there.  I had every test imaginable, blood, urine, mri cat scan X-rays, halter monitor for chest pain and many more.  I was tested for MS, CFS, a stroke, heart tests  Hashimotos, and so much more.  Thousands and thousands of dollars in tests that found nothing.  Health anxiety is a sx in wd, it’s part of the intrusive thoughts convincing us something is wrong.  Our brains are reacting to the sx in our body and our brain is looking for a solution.  Go get checked out by a doctor to your hearts content, I did.  But at some point if all the tests come back normal as they did for me then I had to stop googling my sx and learn to accept them.  I quit googling and searching my sx and distract any way I had to.  It is so much easier for me now and has gotten better.  Nothing helped no diet, no supplements but I tried.  I am not sensitive to anything.  I don’t drink alcohol, I eat healthy but normal, if something bothers you or revs you up don’t eat it.  It does get easier you will recover. 

thanks for your reply. since my my symptoms are so bad right now do you recommend I hold a few months at this dose? I am afraid if I cut again I may not be functional.

I did not taper I was CT’d.  I hope someone jumps in who may know more. I wish I could help but I can’t. Just keep hanging in there.  Also if you fill out your signature it helps others know what you are on and makes responding easier.

Pain/ tingling on one side compared to the other or is it always bilateral?

Yes - mine is virtually always on the right-hand side (this one-sideness has been reported by other Benzo Buddies).

Also had anyone had tight band around chest?

Yes, me too - also a very common symptom reported by Benzo Buddies.

• 4 weeks later...

I had these same symptoms, I would suggest holding a bit until things get more manageable.  Symptoms are a sign you are healing.  It’s best to listen to your body and allow time to adjust to the dose.  It is a slow process, but we all heal in time.

I hope this passes soon for you…