Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

I started suffering from hyperacusis several months ago. Although there's no cure for hyperacusis there are some treatments that can help with the hyperacusis which include sound therapy to get you used to everyday sounds again, and may involve wearing earpieces that make white noise. After addressing an audiologist, I bought a Serenade device at the hearing aid store (it includes four separate soundtracks that help me feel relief). I should say, it works great for me. Also, I know it is recommended as a tinnitus treatment sound therapy.

Besy

I’m going through this now. Except I have hyperaccusis with pain. I’m in Canada (GTA) and have no idea if they have the serenade device here or not. I need some relief, even the dog walking on the floor hurts.

Does this work for the type with pain? I sure hope so. I still have a long way to taper, years, can’t imagine suffering like I have been.

Thanks

Winnie

• 1 month later...

Did someone tried professional earwax removal? How was the result? Did you get the result you expected?

Careful with syringe methods. My hearing got weird for a couple days. Better hearing but same tinnitus I guess. I won't do it again.

Can histamine cause tinnitus to spike? I had some shiitake on my dinner and later my tinnitus spiked. Does the volume get back to the previous baseline? I mean, histamine cause only temporary spikes?

Yes, they are usually temporary, sometimes they can last a day or two (in my experience)

A lot of people are having success with these  ear guards  on the link below  for  Sensitive hearing, Hyper-sensitivity to sound associated with autism, Hyperacusis, Misophonia, noise related stress & other hearing conditions, and there's  a lot of information user reports and scientific  research that's been done on them  on their website, people with tinnitus have also reported that they help them too  I've sent for some, hopefully they will help 🙏🏽 I have a multitude of ear problems , its unreal beides the hyperacusis and non stop Tinnitus

I'll report back once I get them and have tried them out, but we're all different so they may or may not be of use but I'm hopeful about these 🙏🏽  as I'm also testing other types  too, I tried more foam ones than I can remember over the years  and they all hurt my ears, and some make it a LOT worse as they don't lower different frequencies and vibration as ALL sound is vibration, and  make certain ones even louder  so I'm now trying different types    [nobbc] Copy and paste the link into your search engine to see and read  the information    https://www.flareaudio.com/products/calmer[/nobbc]

Nova  :smitten:

This is so unbearable. I feel like i'm never get out of this mix of Tinnitus and Lorazepam - and suspecting the same time that somehow Lorazepam is responsible for the Tinnitus but also calms me down.

I feel so worn out after 7 months. Mine is like many others... like cicadas and it's a problem at night especially now as i did a taper step recently.

I may have said this before but one of the things that helped me with this is having low background noise playing i.e, television, music, even at night.  Background noise helps drown out the tinnitus.

I'm using Cicadas 10hours endless loop since 6 months

It did help a little bit - but the last few nights Tinnitus was too loud, probably because of tapering

• 4 weeks later...
I've been suffering from tinnitus and hearing loss for a long time. Currently, I'm looking for new hearing aids. I've recently read about ListenClear. This company is supposed to provide its customers with affordable hearing aids. I've already looked through the listenclear reviews by link, but haven't addressed the company yet. And it would be great to find out other people's experiences. Did anyone try these devices? What was your experience?

• 1 month later...

A lot of people are having success with these  ear guards  on the link below  for  Sensitive hearing, Hyper-sensitivity to sound associated with autism, Hyperacusis, Misophonia, noise related stress & other hearing conditions, and there's  a lot of information user reports and scientific  research that's been done on them  on their website, people with tinnitus have also reported that they help them too  I've sent for some, hopefully they will help 🙏🏽 I have a multitude of ear problems , its unreal beides the hyperacusis and non stop Tinnitus

I'll report back once I get them and have tried them out, but we're all different so they may or may not be of use but I'm hopeful about these 🙏🏽  as I'm also testing other types  too, I tried more foam ones than I can remember over the years  and they all hurt my ears, and some make it a LOT worse as they don't lower different frequencies and vibration as ALL sound is vibration, and  make certain ones even louder  so I'm now trying different types    [nobbc] Copy and paste the link into your search engine to see and read  the information    https://www.flareaudio.com/products/calmer[/nobbc]

Nova  :smitten:

Well tried them ALL out then some none helped anything at all  :'(  do any more of you find ear plugs( foam ones especially in the ear canal ) make your tinnitus, and hypseracusis  even worse?? :( Now I got hell coming roadworks on my door step for 8 fkn weeks as they replacing all the Gas pies in UK and indoor ones as well I don't know how I'm going to survive this at all. I'm desprate the grass cutters came today and that nearly finished me off WTF am I supposed to do now???  :'(

Nova  :smitten: :smitten:

• 1 month later...

Anyone here have low frequency sound as tinntus? I have multiple tones in my head and ears, but the most annoying is the low frequency bass in my whole head. It feels like its vibrating and taking up space. Its getting louder and its really hard to mask it since the frequency is so low. Its also really loud and intrusive.

Anyone now of the best way to handle this sound? Is it also normal for tinnitus to get worse after quitting? Its been steadily rising for four months now

Anyone have pulsatile tinnitus? I’ve had this for 2 years now, in both ears. Had MRI, CT scan with dye, all normal. It is worse when stressed, and in the mornings. I don’t notice it when busy; it almost goes away sometimes in the evenings.

I’m 14 years out, summary in my signature. This is one of the worst symptoms I have left.

Anyone have pulsatile tinnitus? I’ve had this for 2 years now, in both ears. Had MRI, CT scan with dye, all normal. It is worse when stressed, and in the mornings. I don’t notice it when busy; it almost goes away sometimes in the evenings.

I’m 14 years out, summary in my signature. This is one of the worst symptoms I have left.

Has your T ever stopped? I read your signature but can’t tell.

I’m over 2 years and have this horrible symptom and it’s making me miserable, 24/7 non stop. I don’t know how we can live with this permanently. I’m feeling sad today because of this noise in my ears and head. Its making me feel stuck. Will we ever heal permanently or I we just the unlucky ones?

Hi; it’s there most of the time, but almost goes away when I’m very relaxed or at night. It started after a very stressful event a couple years ago. It can get overwhelming. Is yours pulsatile or continuous?

I hope you find some relief when it goes briefly goes away at least… It indeed can get overwhelming. I have continuous T, Its difficult to move on from this experience because of it. I got it from withdrawal. Acceptance is really difficult.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I am getting sharp pain and fullness after I hear loud noise. Pain remains for 4-5 days. It started after 2 months off benzos and its been 2 month like this. Can somebody help me?

ENT ruled out ear infection.

My theory- After hearing loud noise everytime, My Eustachian Tube gets inflammed in left ear causing pain and fullness. Any chance they would heal back?

• 1 month later...

Did anyone here tried any atypical treatment for tinnitus like TMS, laser therapy, ozone therapy or something?

Mine is antidepressant induced and I still have a long way to taper my AD before tapering diazepam and pregabalin.

• 1 month later...

My hyperacusis and tinnitus  stopped completely for maybe over an hour in may and mine is really very server its bloody agony at the moment.. BUT is has waxed and waned here and there  from unbearable to bearable, and I didn't notice it had actually improved on and off from unbearable to bearable  until it hit yet another crescendo  :D  What I consider bearable maybe someone else's unbearable, I can only speak for myself. BUT...I'm the type of person that can usually put up with more discomfort than most if not everyone I know, and  I feel like my brains frying and going to poor melting and  bleeding outta my ears.  That's how bad well actually even worse than that when I class it as unbearable lately its at fever pitch AGAIN!! >:(

But is still fluctuates frequency wise my Tinnitus is also reactive to sounds and also ''impersonates'' different sounds and frequencies my hearing can detect and right now I can detect bloody Venusians talking with the hyperacusis. And the Tinnitus sounds like a dentist drill plus screaming banshees plus other  noises on top and it makes my ears and brain burn like fk.

And woe betide me if I touch them :o ear plugs are effing torture as well but I have to put them in sometimes although I try to avoid using them as it can make the hypersensitivity worse and as for the Tinnitus noises on top and it makes my ears and brain burn like fk      This illustration below besides lots of other unwanted crap I can actually here what's happening in the picture at the palpitation rate shown :(

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

http://i.imgur.com/Qxm6ayd.gif

Did this ever settle down for you?

I'm sorry we're all in this **** situation.

I have had mild T for 6 years, but when reinstating clonzepam in January for a now seemingly mild spike, I now have wildly fluctuating tinnitus.

Some days it is mild, like before, some days it is electrical and reactive. I just realized the clonazepam is to blame here, as the sounds I hear are definitely not from noise damage, and it doesn't make sense that it can go away and then come back the next day.

Recently, I've been having more good days....tapering down seems to have a positive effect on my T, as the past 3 days were mild and non-reactive, today is....bad.

No one has a crystal ball here, but I'm assuming that it's a good sign that it goes away, and I'm having longer stretches of good days?

I'm on .5 mg/day down from 1 mg/day. I'm worried about future cuts.

**** Tinnitus!

• 2 weeks later...
Any success story with prednisone here? I had a loud sound exposure 4 days ago and my pre-existing tinnitus sounds more intrusive. I really don't know if it's worth trying it given that I am tapering diazepam and also Idk if I lost the timing.

• 1 month later...
Does this ever go away ??  I'm at almost 20 months post CT. This is almost my last symptom. It is still really loud. I'm guessing that this is permanent. Is there anyone that had this symptom disappear after this long or longer ??

Does this ever go away ??  I'm at almost 20 months post CT. This is almost my last symptom. It is still really loud. I'm guessing that this is permanent. Is there anyone that had this symptom has disappear after this long or longer ??

Curious to know how loud is really loud?

What environments can you hear it in?

Also what does yours sound like?

Does this ever go away ??  I'm at almost 20 months post CT. This is almost my last symptom. It is still really loud. I'm guessing that this is permanent. Is there anyone that had this symptom has disappear after this long or longer ??

Curious to know how loud is really loud?

What environments can you hear it in?

Also what does yours sound like?

I hear it all the time especially when I'm in bed. It's very discouraging but I'm still surviving. It's like a buzzing in both ears. It's alot like really loud crickets. It stays solid, never letting up. It's like an engine running in my head.