Need help with Ativan taper and propranolol

[Jk...]

i need advice on tapering down from my last .50 of Ativan daily taken in two .25mg doses daily.  I only have the option of shaving and weighing at home because my Dr. Won’t help with substitution or liquid to help lower.  I have to be able to function daily without debilitating side effects that I have experienced by trying to go cold Turkey. I have crushing head pain and confusion, nausea so bad that I have lost 10lbs 2 weeks from not being able to eat.  I work as a nurse and need to be as sharp as possible. And I need to be able to take care of my small children.  Should I make each dose smaller and do more doses through the day? Should I keep doing the two .25mg a day? How much should I shave off each time and how often? I desperately need help.  Also has anyone used propranolol 10mg- 20mg during their taper and has it helped? Thank you!!

Most Ativan users will dose 3 times a day, are you dealing with interdose at the moment?  You mention you've been pretty functional up to this point, what has your taper looked like so far, how much have you been reducing and how long have you been holding?

Can you add your medication history to your signature so we can see at a glance what your taper has been like?  Here are the instructions Add  your history/signature

I have added a signature. I have just started this process. I have to be able to work. Or we won’t be able to financially survive. I am going to hold where I am now to see if it levels out. But then don’t know where to shave off. Like which dose I would start to lower.

I'm sorry, I got the impression you'd been tapering awhile since you mentioned needing help tapering down the last .50, so far you've tapered .005 from .5 to .495?  Thanks for filling in your signature.

As for which dose to reduce, you can shave off one of them or both, how you decide should be according to your lifestyle and needs.  You can switch it up and reduce one then the other, this part is totally up to you. 

I like the fact you plan to go slow so you can function, incorporating your taper into your life and making it work for you is what we hope for.  Too many are in a hurry and that serves no good purpose because once off the drug there is still healing to be done so we might as well allow our brain to make repairs as we reduce.