Announcement: It is with regret... ×

Desperately need help please

[di...]

Hi I'm desperately needing your help. I rapid tapered 4.75 mg of diazepam two weeks ago. I went from 4.75mg to zero within a week due to my Dr's refusing to give me anymore. Out of desperation  because my anxiety and panic was so severe a family friend gave me 3 x2mg boxes of of diazepam and I reinstated to 2mg daily. I have 19x2mg tablets of diazepam left at the moment but On the 24th i will have another 28x2mg tablets ..I'm having horrible withdrawal symptoms that are terrifying me!!! as 2mg daily is nowhere near enough to cover my symptoms. Can you please tell me what I need to do??? Do I need to slowly taper this 2mg  or do a rapid taper?? 

Thank you so much!!

Desperately needing your guidance.

Hi again, to anyone who helps me, I have had this really bad rocking swaying boat sensation for the past 2 weeks so I can hardly leave the chair. I cannot move around the home as my legs also feel wobbly with sitting for so long. I don't know if this will make a difference as to how quickly I taper the 2mg of diazepam.

Thank you so much.

Diana.

Please understand we have members from all over the world so its not always possible to get a response right away.  I'll reach out to see if I can find someone knowledgeable to help you map out your next steps, please add in the information you provided on your other thread about the additional diazepam you were able to procure.

I'm sorry pamster please forgive me. I have added it already in my original post above pamster. I have 19x2mg of diazepam at the moment and on the 24th I will have another 28 x 2mg tablets.

Thank you so very much..

Diana.

Diana,

Pamster asked me to stop by and help.

First, I have three questions for you:

Can I assume you want to start tapering from 2mg (you cannot go up in dose because you are waiting for the other shipment on March 24)?

Do you want to do liquid taper or dry cut the pills?

If you do the liquid taper, are you ok to use a few drops of alcohol to help dissolve the pill?

Bob

Bob

Hi Bob and thank you so much. No Bob i cant tolerate alcohol im afraid!! So it will have to be dry cuts!!

Thank you again so much!!

One more question.

Can you get anymore pills or do you want me to design the taper fast enough so it is done before you run out of the 19 pills you have now plus 28 on March 24?

Hi Bob!! Im not quite sure as they are being supplied by a family friend so they could cut them off at any given time!! I know hes deffinitely giving me 28x2mg on the 24th though!!

Bob, im not sure if this will be of any help regarding my dosing times. I take 1mg when i finally get up in the morning. The other 1mg i cut in to 2x 0.50mg. Im only sleeping one sleep cycle so i take a 0.50mg  just to go back to sleep, then i sleep one sleep cycle again so take the other 0.50mg. I take them thst way as i have this rocking on a boat sensation and cannot lay down unless i take the 0.50mg. Im not sleeping till 5am every morning, ill wake at 6.30am, take 0.50mg  then sleep another hour and half, then take the other 0.50mg. Then when i finally get up i take the 1mg.

Diazepam like many (but not all benzodiazepines) has very low solubility in water.  Consequently, do—it-yourself (DIY) liquids made with water and regular tablets are suspensions not solutions.  This means there is no guarantee that each and every milliliter of the DIY liquid contains exactly the same amount of drug.  Some members are able to use water-based DIY liquids whereas others are not.

Is using whole fat, homogenized milk an option?

I ask because two of our members (one of whom presented as having experience as a pharmaceutical scientist) did a deep dive into suitable solvents for diazepam a while back.  The member (who was tapering diazepam) ended up choosing milk to dilute her pharma-grade diazepam liquid based on their research.  For details:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=267260.msg3372864#msg3372864

Bob i think it would be really difficult for me to get my brain around it. Im not sure i could do it right.  :(

Diana,

I have been working a dry cut method which will let you be done BEFORE you run out of your 19 tablets + 28 tablets.

It is tricky math.

I need a little more time to finish the math.

If Libertas wants to offer a milk taper method which also takes into consideration your limited supply, then you will have two taper methods and you can pick whichever you like.

Bob

Regrettably, real world matters require my attention so I will not be able to develop a custom plan for a rapid taper using milk in the timeframe required.

Rest assured, dido2806uk — you are in good hands with Bob7. 

(I also hope you are able to find a prescriber who will be willing to support you with a safe, gradual taper.)

Diana,

Here is a dry taper to make sure you finish before running out of 18 tablets and before running out of 28 more on the March 24th.

FIRST A TIP:

Learn to cut a pill into 1/4 (4 parts).  DO NOT WORRY ABOUT BEING EXACT.  Benzos stay in the blood long enough so if you have a little less in one dose you will have a little more in the next dose and it will average out.  The biggest mistake people make is thinking small tapering errors is creating withdrawal symptoms.  Nonsense - your symptoms are coming from the taper.  You will have symptoms.  It sucks but they will go away after the taper is done.  Worrying about being exact just creates anxiety and anxiety makes the symptoms worse.

Here is your taper plan...

Make a reduction of 1/4 of a pill (so your first reduction you will eat 1 full pill and 3/4 of another).  If your biggest problem is sleep, then save most of your drug for the bedtime.

Hold at this level for 13 days.  If you hold any longer, you will run out of pills.

Make another 1/4 reduction and again, hold for 13 days. Continue this cycle until done.

You will be done in 91 days and you will have used 45.5 pills.

Bob

The other thing you must do is learn non-benzo ways to control you anxiety and sleep.  Get on youtube, learn meditation.  But remember, as long as you are tapering, it is going to be a problem.  You just need to cope with the symptoms.  Even after your taper is done, it could take weeks or months to learn how to sleep and control anxiety.

It doesnt help Bob when my daughter is having fainting attacks and still no diagnosis. She can no longer drive or work. She had a breakdown after also taking care of her paternal grandmother for 5 years with dementia. My daughter ended up having a nervous breakdown a few months ago and thats how it all started. It kills me seeing her suffering so badly 😥

Bob my pills are 2mg so is that taper plan still right???

Oh no - I did the math thinking of 1 mg pills.

A 2 mg pill is going to be a problem.  You have two choices:

(1) If you can only cut your pills into 1/4 parts, then we will have to recompute the math and the taper will be twice as fast.  I do not like that idea.

(2) Do you think you can cut the pills into 1/8 parts?  Remember, it doesn't have to be perfect.  Using a pill splitter and a single edge razor blade, you can eyeball the crumbles into 8 piles.  You can eat one pile and store the rest in this thing...

https://www.amazon.com/EZY-DOSE-Medicine-Organizer-Compartments/dp/B08SN77SYX/ref=pd_ci_mcx_mh_mcx_views_0?pd_rd_w=ETVSz&content-id=amzn1.sym.1bcf206d-941a-4dd9-9560-bdaa3c824953&pf_rd_p=1bcf206d-941a-4dd9-9560-bdaa3c824953&pf_rd_r=TVTWJTPYC1NDBEQSBBQ4&pd_rd_wg=4tG9R&pd_rd_r=16e80df0-f370-49c3-85bf-7cb57b4517ba&pd_rd_i=B08SN77SYX

Do you think you can cut into 1/8 bits?

Bob

Yes Bob i can cut them in to 0.25mg. So does that mean ill cut out 0.25mg, hold it for 13 days, then cut another 0.25mg and so on???