Need help with calculating a reduction/using scale Klonopin

[38...]

Hi,

I will be happy to help with the math.

But first, let me offer some support based on what I have learned from others.

You are right to wonder if reducing from one or all three of you doses is best.

If you are on Benzos to help sleep, then I would recommend tapering from your morning dose first and try so save your maximum dose for bedtime.

If you are on Benzos for anxiety so you can function at work, then keeping the morning dose the strongest makes the most sense.

So question 1, do you want to cut 4% from each of the three doses or 12% from either the AM or Bedtime dose?

Well then here is the math.

For any pill, you want to file off material until it weighs X where X is:

X = 0.175 grams times (whatever new dose you want in mg) divided by 1 mg.

For example, if you want to reduce 4% on a 1 mg pill, then your new dose is 1mg - 1*0.04 = 0.96mg

Therefore X = 0.175 times 0.96 divide by 1 = 0.168 grams

OK?

It is true, all scales struggle at low weights so don't try to be perfect.  Klonopin stays in the blood a long time so if you get a little more or less each time, it averages out.

Also, in my opinion, your taper would be much simpler if you just reduced by 1/8 of a pill every 2 weeks or when your symptoms are tolerable, whichever is longer.  Many people, including me, got way down in dose using the 1/8 method.  Remember, do not worry if it is exactly 1/8.

B

[b7...]

Hi TAGD

I know you must be suffering, and that fear and frustration sometimes gets the better of you, as it does with many members here, but please know that we give our time here freely in order to help those like yourself. We know you are not yourself at this time, we do understand this, but when you delete your posts, these threads lose context and can’t be of service to others in need of similar information, which actually creates extra work for not just the staff here, but also other members who give their time freely to help those in need. If a thread exists in its entirety, others can directly access it and sometimes educate themselves without the need for assistance from staff and other members, who can then spend their time elsewhere helping others. We want nothing other than a return to health for you, and we will always continue to help where we can to the best of our ability, and all we ask in return is for you to allow threads to remain in their entirety so they can be of service to others, thereby potentially minimising the overall workload on staff and other helpful members.

Wishing you health and healing!

WS

[38...]

Hi TAGD

I know you must be suffering, and that fear and frustration sometimes gets the better of you, as it does with many members here, but please know that we give our time here freely in order to help those like yourself. We know you are not yourself at this time, we do understand this, but when you delete your posts, these threads lose context and can’t be of service to others in need of similar information, which actually creates extra work for not just the staff here, but also other members who give their time freely to help those in need. If a thread exists in its entirety, others can directly access it and sometimes educate themselves without the need for assistance from staff and other members, who can then spend their time elsewhere helping others. We want nothing other than a return to health for you, and we will always continue to help where we can to the best of our ability, and all we ask in return is for you to allow threads to remain in their entirety so they can be of service to others, thereby potentially minimising the overall workload on staff and other helpful members.

WS

Well that would hardly be possible for this thread to be of service to others when it wasn’t even of service to me! I got one reply, which while well meaning, was entirely confusing to me. I seriously never get any meaningful answers or help when I post anything. Would you like me to dig into my messed up memory and try to “reconstruct” my post so that it might minimize the workload of you and the other “staff” and butt kissers, I mean “helpful members”, as you call them? God forbid someone shows the reality of this hell! “Those like myself”, as you so eloquently put it  ::)  are actually quite normal people going through a nightmare called withdrawal. I’m SO sorry I forgot to pretend that life is just peachy and all that crap. Sorry not sorry. This is reality and it needs to be seen and acknowledged and not hidden and deleted because all that does is show one side of this hell, and that’s very unrealistic as well as completely invalidating to the ones suffering. But hey, I’m sure you’re going to delete this reply because that’s all you know how to do. Gotta keep that facade up!

Hi TAGD

WS

Well that would hardly be possible for this thread to be of service to others when it wasn’t even of service to me! I got one reply, which while well meaning, was entirely confusing to me. I seriously never get any meaningful answers or help when I post anything. Would you like me to dig into my messed up memory and try to “reconstruct” my post so that it might minimize the workload of you and the other “staff” and butt kissers, I mean “helpful members”, as you call them? God forbid someone shows the reality of this hell! “Those like myself”, as you so eloquently put it  ::)  are actually quite normal people going through a nightmare called withdrawal. I’m SO sorry I forgot to pretend that life is just peachy and all that crap. Sorry not sorry. This is reality and it needs to be seen and acknowledged and not hidden and deleted because all that does is show one side of this hell, and that’s very unrealistic as well as completely invalidating to the ones suffering. But hey, I’m sure you’re going to delete this reply because that’s all you know how to do. Gotta keep that facade up!

When I read Winter suns reply to you I was in awe of his graciousness because that wasn't my first inclination but I can see his grace was misplaced.  You're entitled to your opinion but not the disrespect of our all volunteer staff or our members, consider this your last warning, post moderation is next.

ThroughAGlassDarkly,

This is in response to your PM.  I cannot give math help over PMs so I will reply here.

If the math help given above is too difficult, then try doing it this way.

Each time you want to make a reduction, weigh your current dose, and then shave off 0.007 grams.

Then hold that new dose for 10 days or until your symptoms are tolerable, whichever is longer.

Repeat

Bob

[b7...]

ThroughAGlassDarkly,

This is in response to your PM.  I cannot give math help over PMs so I will reply here.

If the math help given above is too difficult, then try doing it this way.

Each time you want to make a reduction, weigh your current dose, and then shave off 0.007 grams.

Then hold that new dose for 10 days or until your symptoms are tolerable, whichever is longer.

Repeat

Bob

Thank you so much for the simplification, Bob7. Your knowledge and assistance is so greatly appreciated!

TAGD: If you have any problem with your scale settings or anything, just let us know.  :thumbsup:

[38...]

Thank you Bob. My apologies for my frustration. It wasn’t directed at you or anyone in particular. I’m struggling horribly and my brain really just hurts for a lack of better description. If I file off 0.007 grams what percentage is that per pill?

Winter’s sun, thanks. My scale works fine from what I see, it’s my brain that I need help with.  :-[