Taper question

[Wa...]

Just wondering if anyone has been successful tapering off without the assistance of benzo wise medical professionals?  Having a hard time finding a good fit and considering trying to start a taper with the help of my husband.  He will be able to do all the math and measuring … I’m just very nervous.  I want to get this started but don’t want to make more foolish decisions

Thanks…

Yes, my doctor is very supportive and said she'll prescribe whatever I need to get off but doesn't know anything about tapering. I have been educating her. Everything I needed to know about tapering I learned from here. The whole time I've been tapering I have been functional.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for your reply.. I have a PCP who I know will prescribe anything I ask for.  He is not benzo wise but he’s concerned about me.  I have been learning from this site as well as my husband and from benzoinfo.com.  Did you follow the Ashton manual?  I’m wondering if I should consider a switch to diazepam just so I can sleep but that is down the road.  I don’t sleep well now and haven’t got a long time but enough to be functional.  I’m 63 years old so I need to stop wasting time on this nasty pill..  thanks for support.

No, I didn't crossover to Diazepam. I did a lot of research about it on here and found many people struggled with it. To me it seemed the main benefit for switching is interdose withdrawal. Otherwise it didn't really seem worth the risk to me.

I also struggle with insomnia, but mine has slowly gotten better as my dose decreased which was a pleasant surprise. However none of my other symptoms are getting better. (They're not getting worse either).