Percentages

[Ma...]

Hi,

Does anyone know the equation for determining the days left of a taper going 6%. I am dry cutting Valium and my current total weight is .1100g. If I taper at 6% each month, how long will it take to get to 0?  I’m at 1.27 mg v. I have to go very slow.  Thanks for any replies?

You will never reach zero if you continue cutting by a percentage. At some point you will have to go linear. Alternatively, you could taper by a percentage plus a small set weight. That would get you to zero.

The equation to see each month's new weight would be:

Previous Weight * (1 - percent drop in decimal form)

So the first month's new weight would be: .1100 * (1 - .06) = .1100 * (.94) = .1034 g.

The second month would be: .1034 * (.94) = .0972 g.

And so forth...

Given the caveat that taper plans should be monitored and adjusted on a regular basis ….

Below is a link to a tool you can use to get a sense of the number of steps required.

Instructions:

Enter your start dosage and desired end dosage. The calculator will produce a schedule of decreasing dosages for your taper at 10% decrease per step, calculated on the last dosage.

For a rate of taper less than 10%, click the advanced Advanced Settings ‘button’ (the three blue dots in the shape of a triangle).  Then enter the desired rate.

Link:

Reverse Psychiatry – Careful, Slow Tapering

https://reversepsychiatry.org/

Thank you for your replies.

Here, at what point do you give up the percentages? I’m already seeing the rapid decrease in cut rate when keeping current percentages.  I’m terrified to push it, though. I’m thinking around .5 you just have to go linear.

Lib, that link is not operating.  Am I doing something wrong? 

[ Libertas ], that link is not operating.  Am I doing something wrong?

I’m sorry it’s not working for you.  I am able to access it with no issues using an iPad running the current iPadOS.

I ran the first set of numbers for you …

It would take 42 steps (months) to reduce from 1.27mg to 0.1005mg at a taper rate of 6% a month, making proportionate/hyperbolic reductions (i.e. the percent reduction is based on the previous month’s starting dose).

I wouldn't think too much in percentages.

You should listen to your body and your mind.

Find your pace, adjust when you need to.

Is what I would do.

[ Libertas ], that link is not operating.  Am I doing something wrong?

I’m sorry it’s not working for you.  I am able to access it with no issues using an iPad running the current iPadOS.

I ran the first set of numbers for you …

It would take 42 steps (months) to reduce from 1.27mg to 0.1005mg at a taper rate of 6% a month, making proportionate/hyperbolic reductions (i.e. the percent reduction is based on the previous month’s starting dose).

That is insane!! I will have to go linear soon. Like everyone, I have such ptsd of dark times, I thought this would be a strategy but it clearly is not a smart option.