Tips for taper after 3 1/2 weeks of benzos (tinnitus sufferer)

[Qu...]

Hi,

I joined the forum to gather some advice on how to taper after 1 week of 1mg lorazepam and 2 1/2 weeks of 0.5 clonazepam. I am suffering from tinnitus and want to take every step possible to not make my condition worse coming off these benzos. From 0.5mg a day (0.25 x 2), I have now gone down to 0.416 (1/3 of a pill less) for the last 3 days. I am not feeling any withdrawal symptoms so far. I was planning on staying at that level for 2 more days and then go further if I stayed stable. How would you recommend I proceed from here?

Thank you!

Update:

So it's been 5 days since I went down 1/3 of a pill (20%). I haven't slept very well (but wasn't doing much better before) and feel slightly anxious but don't seem to feel much other withdrawal symptoms so far. Do you think it would be safe to cut down another 1/3 starting today? Also, what symptoms should I be on the lookout for re:WD?

No longer than you were on benzos, you could taper rapidly.  What worked best for me as I tapered was to move along and not get too invested in what 'might' happen.  My mind is hard enough to rein in without looking up withdrawl symptoms and wondering if I would get them!

No longer than you were on benzos, you could taper rapidly.  What worked best for me as I tapered was to move along and not get too invested in what 'might' happen.  My mind is hard enough to rein in without looking up withdrawl symptoms and wondering if I would get them!

Thanks for the advice! I am now down to 0.25 from 0.5. I will try to go down to 0 by reducing 1/4 of that dose every 5 days, while staying on the lookout for symptoms. Does that sound sensible to you?

Hi! I am of the same school of thought on this as well. I’m a short term user, (40 days Xanax, 30 days Klonopin). Tried cold turkey and that did not go too well, so I reinstated at 50% original dose. Day 9 and I feel good. (original dose was .5 mg). I’m considering making the last cut down to .125 mg now.

That said, did your 6 mo taper go smoothly? Im curious about the liquid. Is that obtainable here in the US?

• 1 month later...
Just checking in to say that I managed my taper with no problems and notably without worsening my tinnitus. Thank you for the advice and support!